• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

That makes sense - might dry the hell out of it if I hacked off the fat....glad I asked... Goal - you baste with apple cider vinegar? Or apple cider?

Good call on the fat, don't trim that. It will make the meat even more tender.

I have basted with both, depends on your preference for final BBQ taste, either way is good.

Made a rub with garlic powder, onion powder, mustard, sea salt, fresh pepper, smoked paprika, cumin. Pork shoulder rubbed and in fridge for the night. Made mop/sauce with apple cider vinegar, turbinado sugar, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, red pepper flakes, Texas Pete...8-10 hours on the grill tomorrow and we'll see how my first attempt at Eastern NC barbecue goes...

So I'm about four hours from you I think. If I leave around 2pm, should be right on time.

This is what I wrote in the random thought thread. This site does not like Nokia phones for some odd reason.

Greetings from Bonefish. Started with the coconut shrimp. Yum.

A short while later...

Had the Imperial Longfin. Sides were whipped potatoes, chick peas, white rice. Very nice dinner.

Made a rub with garlic powder, onion powder, mustard, sea salt, fresh pepper, smoked paprika, cumin. Pork shoulder rubbed and in fridge for the night. Made mop/sauce with apple cider vinegar, turbinado sugar, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, red pepper flakes, Texas Pete...8-10 hours on the grill tomorrow and we'll see how my first attempt at Eastern NC barbecue goes...

Sooooo?

Sadly, I was unable to make it. But I did think of you. Or, more apropos, your meat.

Wait, I think I typed that wrong. I was thinking of the pork. Nevermind, nevermind.

How did it turn out?

Tasted like the real thing to me. I had it on the grill for 8 hours, then covered in the oven for 2 more. Fell right off the bone. Made a finishing sauce with apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes, and (violating Carolina BBQ rules) a little ketchup just for color. Very nice.

And I think you're just showing off for the 'Out of Context' thread :)

DSCN0147.jpg

I melted some butter in a pan and threw in some minced garlic, fresh North Carolina shrimp, chopped scallions, fresh Italian parsley, chopped oyster mushrooms, fresh lemon juice, grated parmesan, salt and pepper. For the last 30 seconds or so, I threw in some halved grape tomatoes.

I sauteed it all on medium low heat for about 25 minutes, then tossed it with some cheese tortellini (fresh, not frozen), then I threw it on a paper plate to add a touch of class :laugh:

If it makes you feel any better, it was at least 10 times better than it looks :D

That looks great Extreme! Wow. I forgot how much I missed pasta.

I had a caprese salad, followed by crab-stuffed tilapia.

Doing a butterflied lamb roast on the grill tonight, and an eggplant casserole I make with fresh tomatoes, sliced eggplant, lots of basil, mexican cheese, garlic, olive oil, and panko breadcrumbs - one of my daughter's favorites.

Going to go with chicken breast tonight. A garden salad with balsamic dressing. Thinking about steamed broccoli or asparagus - eh, the asparagus sounds good.

Homemade BBQ chicken tonight. Brining a bunch of drumsticks in water, brown sugar, sea salt, fresh thyme, crushed garlic for a couple of hours. Then will grill with a homemade BBQ sauce. Guaranteed to be knock-your-socks-off good. Corn on the cob on the side.

Doing some burgers on the grill tonight. 2/3rds high quality ground round, 1/3rd ground turkey. Adding chopped garlic, grilled chopped Pasillo pepper, Adobe seasoning, fresh pepper, chopped ****ake, and grated pepper-jack cheese. Will top with a slice of melted pepper jack.

Add steak fries, a cold beer, and there you have it.

A couple of BLTs and cole slaw. Tastes pretty dang good.

Nice to see Boone celebrating this religious holiday with a beer. :rotflmao:

Teaching myself how to cook out of necessity of needing to eat now that I'm on my own, lol.

Tonight I cooked an eggplant casserole for my friends and I. Peeled and sliced eggplant, dipped them in eggs then Italian bread crumbs, baked the eggplant, layered casserole dish with marinara sauce, mozzerella cheese, the baked eggplant disks, more marinara, more mozzerella and parmasean cheese. It was a very low calorie affair.

Had a basic salad for an appetizer.

Emily is making a bacon-potato-leek soup right now, and is cooking the bacon. Having trouble concentrating on work with the smell of bacon wafting through the house.

Doing LondonBroil again, am adding some horseradish mustard to the marinade on a whim, we will see how it turns out.

Last night I had a salad of spinach, kale, chard, feta, and grape tomatoes with raspberry vinaigrette, and chipotle cheddar sausage with black beans and rice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.