• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Extreme, count me in the sardine-lovin' membership. My preferences are for the smoked, packed in olive oil and the teeny Portugese sardines as well as packed with evoo and lime juice. I also love smoked oysters and squid packed in its ink.
I think I'm gonna have to try the oysters, they've always made me wonder, so I guess I'll give em a go.

I think I'm gonna have to try the oysters, they've always made me wonder, so I guess I'll give em a go.

I love smoked oysters. They're good straight out of the can, but I think they're even better with a little dijon mustard on a good cracker.

I love smoked oysters. They're good straight out of the can, but I think they're even better with a little dijon mustard on a good cracker.
I will definitely be trying this. It's funny, because we just got a box of crackers from the store and my wife was complaining that I didn't get anything to put on them. Now I know what to get :D

On the menu tonight is catfish chowder made with smoked private reserve extra extra sharp white cheddar I got as a gift, because I'm a cheese whore.

OK, so I have been sauteing my peppers with garlic in olive oil for years. My wonderful friend told me to saute them slightly and then throw them in the oven. So I just got done baking the peppers (Red, green and orange) with some onion, garlic and olive oil. Wow! They are so much sweeter than I have ever had! I threw some mild italian sausage in and tossed it all in some penne. Best meal I have made for myself in a long time!

It's a good trick, and sounds awesome, I just like having it all in front of me when I cook. I bet that's why the sausage and peppers at fairs are so good though.

It's a good trick, and sounds awesome, I just like having it all in front of me when I cook. I bet that's why the sausage and peppers at fairs are so good though.

I just re-read my post. It was a little unclear, I roasted the peppers with the sausages. Then I tossed it all in with the penne. Mmm... I want to eat more but it was rich!

That sounds so damn good. I'm about to bust from my dinner, but I think I might try that in the next few days.

Last night I had grilled chicken with a tarragon/honey mustard/sour cream sauce. Served w/ rice, pinto beans, and green beans. Leftovers today for lunch were bangin!

Sounds awesome. For lunch today, I made some gyros with homemade tzatziki sauce. I would've kept going after 2, but I felt like I was dying :laugh:

Grilled chicken, goat cheese and roasted red pepper paninis w/ a spinach salad & homemade dressing last night.

Made a version of paella last night. Sausage, chicken, shrimp and peas in a bed of saffron infused rice.

It may not be for dinner, but I am having a Scrapple, egg and cheese sandiwch for breakfast this morning. Mmm....

Made a version of paella last night. Sausage, chicken, shrimp and peas in a bed of saffron infused rice.

I read that really quickly as "venison paella," and thought it sounded delicious!

It may not be for dinner, but I am having a Scrapple, egg and cheese sandiwch for breakfast this morning. Mmm....

It may not be for breakfast, but I had tuna, cucumbers, tomato, rice chips, and a pear for lunch today. Perfect summer lunch. Now if only summer could hutty up and get here!

It may not be for breakfast, but I had tuna, cucumbers, tomato, rice chips, and a pear for lunch today. Perfect summer lunch. Now if only summer could hutty up and get here!

Why do I suddenly feel guilty for having that yesterday? :wall:

Dr. L & I bought a curry cookbook. First recipe: Pistachio Chicken Korma. Amazing!

Grilled hot dogs (burnt to a crisp - the best way) some baked beans, and some garlic and butter basted grilled asparagus. My urine will smell like my bowels for a day or 2, but totally worth it lol.

Some jalapeno poppers to start things off, then King crab and some fresh corn on the cob.

Some jalapeno poppers to start things off, then King crab and some fresh corn on the cob.

Great idea! I'm off to the store to buy some snow crab right now. Thanks for the mention.

I sure can't make poppers, but I have the grilled legs and corn covered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.