• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bruce, Scot and the Front Office.

If it comes down to random luck then how come the Redskins almost always seem to be on the short end of the stick when it comes to unearthing these treasures?

Well, I didn't say it was just random luck. Only that random luck plays a major role in it.

But, to take a stab at the answer to your question......Being able to draft for the same head coach/system does more to increase your chances of luck than anything else.

And THAT is the biggest issue we've had since our last Super Bowl.

Gruden is a slow learner.
But if Manusky can get the defense to play professional football.
And...Gruden can learn what a running game is, and how it's best used.
And...he can learn the concept of clock management DURING the heat of battle, we might just finally get the stability needed to more consistently acquire players that can get the job done.

Play calling on the defense last year seemed convoluted at times. A lot of calling out changes that either weren't understood and/or trying a touch too much from the sideline. I think Manusky will simplify some things plus benefit from what looks an upgrade in talent (plus the draft - hopefully).

Well, it's still a mystery to me why Matt Jones was handed the starting job last offseason and no pressure was brought to bear to increase the level of competition at a position that was a clear disappointment in 2015.

Now Jones looks like persona non grata around Redskins Park, and if we draft a running back somewhere in those first several picks, he looks to be a potential cut over the summer.

Somebody didn't evaluate this guy well.

We took him in Round 3 while most draft guides I read had him as a #5-7 round pick as a 'raw' player with some upside.

You hope in Round 3 to get a guy at a skill position that has some polish and demonstrated ability to play consistently within a system.

Well, it's still a mystery to me why Matt Jones was handed the starting job last offseason and no pressure was brought to bear to increase the level of competition at a position that was a clear disappointment in 2015.
Now Jones looks like persona non grata around Redskins Park, and if we draft a running back somewhere in those first several picks, he looks to be a potential cut over the summer.
Somebody didn't evaluate this guy well.
We took him in Round 3 while most draft guides I read had him as a #5-7 round pick as a 'raw' player with some upside.
You hope in Round 3 to get a guy at a skill position that has some polish and demonstrated ability to play consistently within a system.

Especially if you draft an RB in those first 3 rounds, he should be coming in to play. I think the Skins kind of panicked when so many RBs came off the board before they took Matt. At that point, probably best to wait till the deeper rounds to get a developmental type guy than to take a reach. Other RBs drafted in the 3rd before Jones - Tevin Coleman (#73); Duke Johnson (#77); David Johnson (#86).

Some guys drafted after Jones? Ajayi (5th); Langford (4th); Buck Allen (4th). Undrafted players; Rawls & Zenner. Ajayi didn't start off too well but a 5th round pick, you expect him to take some time. Langford & Allen washed out pretty much like Jones did but both were taken a round later.

High praise from Scot:
IMG_20170510_222548.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.