• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

TV Show Discussion Thread

I loved it. Like most series, give it two episodes.

I loved it. Like most series, give it two episodes.

We currently don't have HBO and will probably get the "trial offer" once GoT starts back up. Definitely give WW a go now.

I would say that the first 2 or 3 episodes did not 'grab me', but I know that it must be fantastic based on the assessments of so many smart people (you being one of them) that it is the best series they've ever watched. That alone will compel me to finally watch it in its entirety.

As someone who just binge watched The Wire over the last couple of weeks, I would say I could see how the first couple of episodes don't grab you. It's almost like that at the beginning of each season. However, stay with it because you won't be disappointed.

I would still put Breaking Bad above it, but there are a lot of things about The Wire that are really intriguing. Outside the story, I think it gives you a much better understanding of what's happening in the inner cities, schools, etc. over the course of the seasons.

Just wanted to mention...looking forward to this coming weekend. I'll be in Maryland at the yearly SciFi/Media convention of which I'm co-chairman. We had a major coup this year as we have Nicholas Meyer (of Star Trek/Seven Percent Solution/the movie Time After Time) as a guest (he has NEVER done a convention); as well as SAM WITWER of Being Human, Once Upon a Time and doing voiceovers in the Star Wars animated series. He's had guest roles on Dexter, The Walking Dead, and Grimm. Our third guest, Enver Gjokaj, is here for his first area convention, and is known for his roles in Agent Carter and Dollhouse, and also had had guest roles in Dexter, The Walking Dead, Rizzoli and Isles (among others).

Not sure if any of you would be interested; but in case, the information for programming, costs of attendance, etc., can be found at Farpoint 24 ? February 17-19, 2017 | Baltimore Fandom's Family Reunion.

Anyway.. just thought I'd pass the information along.

Hail!

For the Breaking Bad fans, once you finish that, there's also Better Call Saul, which is supposed to be the Prequel. The story is nothing like BB, but features two of the most interesting characters from BB, in building up their background to BB. It starts out kinda weak, but it gets better later on in the series.

I've been binging on The Fall on Netflix. It's a detective/serial killer drama that takes place in Northern Ireland. It stars Gillian Anderson of X-Files fame (who is still very hot) and Jamie Dornan (the douche from 50 Shades).

For those of you with HULU there's a pretty good mini series on there called (11:22:63). The premise is James Franco's character goes back into time using a portal to prevent JFK's assasination. He gets sidetracked a bit too. Has a solid cast and superb sets/props. Some of the cars used are downright gorgeous!

11.22.63 (TV Mini-Series 2016? ) - IMDb

Some of you guys mentioned the Netflix series 'Stranger Things' so we thought we'd give it a go. Yeah I'm 4 episodes in and safe to say I'm hooked at this point.

Yeah - that's a great one!

Some binge watching this week and we're done with season 1 of stranger things. I really liked it and whoever cast the little girl that played 11 needs a raise! Holy smokes she's a good actress

We just started the Night Manager with Tom Hiddleston and Hugh Laurie last night. All of one episode in but I'm hooked. Based on a John Le Carre novel, whose writing I love. Slow burn spy stuff, really good.

If you guys aren't watching 'The Last Kingdom' on Netflix then you're not really living!

It's kinda like Vikings meets The Borgia's

Edit: SOMEONE WITNESS ME!!!!

Last edited:
Leftovers - no it's not the "What's for Dinner" thread!

Last edited:
Haven't watched it but that one caught my eye recently too El...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't watched it but that one caught my eye recently too El...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is insanely wild, unpredictable, and a bit odd at times. My wife's favorite series right now, and she loooooooooves Stranger Things.

Next month.....GIGGITY!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Win, just fyi, if you copy the url of the You Tube video page you want to highlight, and use the [video][/video] tags, it will actually display the video on the site.

Responded earlier but gone now. For whatever reason it will not work from an iPhone. Just comes out as an ordinary link.

Not a big deal tho

Without HBO at the moment so missed the season 7 premiere of GoT. Anyone else catch it last night?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.