• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Replacement Refs' Experience

SNF

The Starter
Reaction score
I saw this screen capture posted on twitter. Is this accurate?

I had assumed that these replacements at least had significant college experience at some level. I've been surprised at the lack of knowledge of even basic rules. Based on this, it appears pretty clear why. Apparently the head linesman and field judge for the Pats Ravens game have no experience at all, at any level.

Attachments

• 661340936.jpg
    661340936.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 82
I had heard that most of them were Div III and high school refs. I didn't know if that was actually the case, though.

It is crazy that I'm screaming at the TV about rules that they don't know. How can the fan be more educated than the ref? Even if they were reffing hs before this?

I didn't watch past half time, but there was a point in the first half of the Ravens/Pats game where there were flags on 5 out of 6 plays, or something like that. It was horrible. No flow to the game, no rythmn at all.

Then I wake up and see the Patriots are all pissed about the refs. Eff em both. Hate the Pats, nice to see them lose. And if Goodell's prize coach and QB are mad at him, well that's cool too.

when i can see a face mask that occurs around the 50 yard line, ~30 rows back sitting around the goal line, and the ref standing 5 yards from the play can't there's a huge problem.

And the worst example of the horrible referees was the hit on Darius Heyward-Bey yesterday. After the hit he took I was glad to see Oakland win it. That is exactly the type of hit that the league was talking about when they implemented the helmet to helmet rule!

I want to see how much Belichick gets fined for grabbing the ref at the end of the game last night.

A3h5ERLCQAAvL-H.jpg

grab.png

And the worst example of the horrible referees was the hit on Darius Heyward-Bey yesterday. After the hit he took I was glad to see Oakland win it. That is exactly the type of hit that the league was talking about when they implemented the helmet to helmet rule!

This was bad. There was another one in the patriots/ravens game. I'm starting to think these should be automatic ejections. If you can't play safe then you can watch from the locker room.

I also think the guy that hit heyward bay should be suspended for however long the guy he hit is out. That hit was absolutely malicious in every sense of the word, and there's a huge difference between a malicious hit and a hit that happens to injure someone.

Neither hit drew a flag. Unbelievable in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.