• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WTF Did We Just Do??????

We just signaled that we're staying with Grossman/McNabb for next year and that we feel we can get whoever we're after at 16

We got another QB that's a big question mark and dropped 6 spots in the draft and gave up what some considered the best QB in the draft?

I would have took this deal if we got their 2nd rd also, but this????

Absolutely crushed all the "insider" rumors that they were going to mortgage the future and trade up for Gabbert.

So glad we traded down and did not take a QB, please let there be someone who wants to move to 16 and swap firsts and cough up another 2nd

I thought we would take Ponder in the 2nd. At least we got two early 2nd round picks.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Satisfied with this pick, not flashy but I think beneficial.

I just got home, so not to sound stupid, but what did we do?

this may sound contradictory: I'm not excited about the pick but not unhappy either. they misjudged last year and made some horrible mistakes. they need to backtrack and rebuild the base. I'm ok with that. the down side is I also think we'll be drafting in the top 5 next draft.......but that seems to be the route for most teams these days. it takes about 2-3 years to really turn things around. packaging two number twos for what's left in the QB pool? now that would be stupid IMO. if one of the left-overs is there when the second round pick comes around...then if you believe in him...ok...though I'd prefer O-line.

it's gonna be a looooooong season next Fall.....but hopefully we have a well thought out 2 year plan.

The guy is a unanimous All-American DE who broke records at Purdue. This is a super-solid pick. He's known for his work ethic, motor, and motivation level. Sounds pretty good, doesn't it?

And btw - guess who Kiper was 100% certain the Jags were going to pick with the 16th pick?

That's right - Ryan Kerrigan.

The guy is a unanimous All-American DE who broke records at Purdue. This is a super-solid pick. He's known for his work ethic, motor, and motivation level. Sounds pretty good, doesn't it?

And btw - guess who Kiper was 100% certain the Jags were going to pick with the 16th pick?

That's right - Ryan Kerrigan.

if you're asking me....a solid pick is fine. won't be a game changer. but that's ok. not upset. just looking into the crystal ball. he's just one piece in a process that is going to take a bit longer than expected. again...rebuild the base with solid players (so this is a good move) and then reattack next draft for the difference maker(s).

Ok I know what we did now and I love the move! This is a great sign that Shanny really is comitted to the long term here and not just trying to win now at all costs. Can't wait to see what he does with the 2 second rounders.

if you're asking me....a solid pick is fine. won't be a game changer. but that's ok. not upset. just looking into the crystal ball. he's just one piece in a process that is going to take a bit longer than expected.

If you want game-changers, you don't trade down. My opinion.

We made a solid, 'safe' pick. I worry about trading down - because there's a tendency to make risky selections because you got an 'extra' pick. We went very conservative here, and I think that's not as satisfying as a more exciting selection immediately, but I think it's a very solid pick.

boone...I don't disagree with you. to me it symbolizes what we all know...this team has a long ways to go and it's gonna take more than one season to get there. I see this as a good foundation move......just messing with my own head knowing that next season is going to be painful and that we are still suffering for bad, bad decisions made by Vinny/Snyder and last season by Shanahan/Allen. If this is part of a more disciplined long-run strategy then I'm in. impatient perhaps. but willing to wait the downside out. hopefully, they'll continue to build from the inside out with those two second round picks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.