• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WikiLeaks cables: US agrees to tell Russia Britain's nuclear secrets

Haha! Now we are fans of Wikileaks?

Honestly - in a normal reality, if it were proven that this occurred and that Obama approved it - that's not only shameful, but worthy of impeachment.

But hey, seeing as he's not an American citizen anyway, I'm not even sure he could be impeached :)

Honestly - in a normal reality, if it were proven that this occurred and that Obama approved it - that's not only shameful, but worthy of impeachment.

But hey, seeing as he's not an American citizen anyway, I'm not even sure he could be impeached :)

Or deported for that matter! :biggrin2:

i saw that earlier..how in the **** do you do that to our only real ally?

in less than 2 years he has helped alienate us worse than Bush ever could.
Most of the so-called "alienation of allies" by Bush, was media mythology, touted publicly by some nations, due to the ignorance of their own general populations. He had more support, unofficially, by more nations, than most people will ever know.

Preposterous. If proven true, he should indeed be removed. England is one of our staunchest allies. Assuming the Brits did not tacitly agree, this is as close to unforgivable as you can get. Much worse than Clintons blow job(s).
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

That's pretty awful. There's nothing more to say than that.

Haha! Now we are fans of Wikileaks?

Heh. Was this part of the stuff that Bradley Manning gave to Wikileaks?

Preposterous. If proven true, he should indeed be removed. England is one of our staunchest allies. Assuming the Brits did not tacitly agree, this is as close to unforgivable as you can get. Much worse than Clintons blow job(s).

there is a theory running in some circles...for quite a while now...that Obama has a particular animus for Britain given that country's colonialism....especially as that might have impacted his family tree

That's pretty awful. There's nothing more to say than that.

Heh. Was this part of the stuff that Bradley Manning gave to Wikileaks?

I wouldnt think so, I would imagine that it is outside of that guys feeding area. Plus wouldnt that detail be newer than his apprehension? This is a political thing for obama, that most will dismiss cause it doesnt effect them except people who care about national security.

I kinda shrug it off personally, ya we give up some details that embarrasses the British but its not life ending. Should we have done it? No. Is the payoff good? Sure, but a better sales man wouldnt have dropped his friends pants like that. Get it done without laying down, and this is what the right is angry about here.

I kinda shrug it off personally, ya we give up some details that embarrasses the British but its not life ending. Should we have done it? No. Is the payoff good? Sure, but a better sales man wouldnt have dropped his friends pants like that. Get it done without laying down, and this is what the right is angry about here.

Oh I agree it's a valid reason to be angry. It's pretty bad egg to have on our face.

Obama is really the first president to have to deal with this Wikileaks stuff. I wonder how it would have effected other presidencies. (This is not an excuse. Just thinking out loud.)

I wouldnt think so, I would imagine that it is outside of that guys feeding area. Plus wouldnt that detail be newer than his apprehension? This is a political thing for obama, that most will dismiss cause it doesnt effect them except people who care about national security.

You could possibly make that argument with some of our "allies" (cough, France, cough). But Britain? Come on. This just makes us look bad.

and we know our erstwhile Prez is counting on the assumption that most folks don't care about National Security!!

Oh I agree it's a valid reason to be angry. It's pretty bad egg to have on our face.

Obama is really the first president to have to deal with this Wikileaks stuff. I wonder how it would have effected other presidencies. (This is not an excuse. Just thinking out loud.)

Hes not the first president to deal with it, its called espionage. They have all had to deal with it.

The only difference is before wikileaks our enemies had to pay for it, now they can just google it.

Last edited:
and we know our erstwhile Prez is counting on the assumption that most folks don't care about National Security!!

They don't. National Security is a dirty word for the common folk, they have been told repeatedly that our security is a bad thing. Our news is an ugly creature, but we are free so it puts a pretty hat on that ugly creature.

Sometimes trade offs are a good thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.