• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kevin OConnel is the Redskins new offensive coordinator. Skins not letting this young one get away</p>— JP Finlay (@JPFinlayNBCS) <a href="https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status/1090370646746501120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 29, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jim Tomsula is back with the Redskins.</p>— JP Finlay (@JPFinlayNBCS) <a href="https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status/1090370725863739394?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 29, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So Tomsula is back after all. Looks like another media failure causing fans to get worked up over nothing. I still crack up at fans getting all worked up over tweets reporting sources and rumors. Tomsula was so unhappy according to Chris Russell that he wanted out now. Too much drama he said. He could have left since his contract was up, which Russell admitted he didn't even know that part. Yet he chose to come back.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Everyone will do their sanity a lot of good by not hanging on every rumor from the local radio and beat guys. There are too many of them that just throw stuff out there to get a reaction. They want to get clicks on their article, likes on their tweets, callers to their shows, etc. When they don't know what they are talking about. This is just the latest example of one being so sure he was right and turning out to be so wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well... as much as a goatscrew as this FO and organization are, Russell is basically J-Load with pregnant pauses as he speaks. Guy's gotta' fill time somehow.

Schein on Sports interview with Kyle Shanahan this morning:
Schein: what was it like working with your Dad in Washington?
Kyle: It was an awesome experience that I wouldn't trade away for nothing..I just wish we could've done it some place else.
Schein: It's not setup to win there,huh?
Kyle: No, no it's not.

We all know this, it's just more confirmation.

well.....it's not news that we have rectal orifices at the top of the Redskins foodchain!

WRR

So could O'Connell be our next head coach?

I posted elsewhere: BruDan have stated GruDan will continue to call offensive plays (pun intended). I'm the new OC I'm outta here at the first chance once next season ends.

WRR

I posted elsewhere: BruDan have stated GruDan will continue to call offensive plays (pun intended). I'm the new OC I'm outta here at the first chance once next season ends.

WRR

I will hope that BruDan will give O'Connell first dibs at the HC spot at the end of the year.
I know the definition of insanity is swirling around this idea, but I am not ruling it totally out.

Not even watching the super bowl today, literally no interest in it. Pulling for McVay to win in the laziest way possible though

Not even watching the super bowl today, literally no interest in it. Pulling for McVay to win in the laziest way possible though

Don't know how you can be a football fan and not watch the Super Bowl - but to each his own.

Agree, Boone.

Well, unless the CowTurds were playing the Turdbirds.

I wouldn't watch that.

Agree, Boone.

Well, unless the CowTurds were playing the Turdbirds.

I wouldn't watch that.

I turned it off so I didn't have to watch the slobber fest after the INT. Then I checked to see if it was still on in time to see Zuerlin lining up for an easy FG.

My numbers in the $20 per square were Rams 6, Pats 3...he hits that FG and it's 500 bucks in my pocket!!!!

Booooring game. I stopped watching early on.

Hard to believe that someone with your history of watching the NFL cannot appreciate one of the greatest defensive battles in the history of the Super Bowl. You had 2 defensive geniuses battling it out for 4 quarters to see which would break first.

the only advantage was that Wade Phillips had to do it against the 2nd best QB in history, while Belichek had to do it against a deer caught in the headlights.

Both defensive coaches were brilliant! I was happy to see such a great game.

No matter how much the Ad Execs and sports media hype this as a passing league.......

A good defense paired with a good run game can still get you rings.

Some things are bedrock principles that are always true.

No matter how much the Ad Execs and sports media hype this as a passing league.......

A good defense paired with a good run game can still get you rings.

Some things are bedrock principles that are always true.

Both teams had good ones, but the Rams just couldn't get their run game going, at all. The Pats stuck with it much of the game, and Michele was able to churn off big gains at the end to win the game.

I'm still surprised Gurley didn't get more touches, and Goff just looked lost in the moment too often, Belicheat did a good job of masking coverage and blitz packages for sure but Goff was a deer in head lights.

Worst SB ever. Worst game, worst commercials and worst halftime show.

I understand that watching a defensive battle is no where near as exciting as a shootout, but boring? It was tied in the 4th quarter with any ending possible. A blowout is 'boring'. But a Super Bowl that's result is still in question with 7 minutes to play? Not boring, at least not for me.

Both teams had good ones, but the Rams just couldn't get their run game going, at all. The Pats stuck with it much of the game, and Michele was able to churn off big gains at the end to win the game.

One thing I heard Rams fan caller this morning on the NFL Network ... he mentioned that McVay decided that the only way to keep the Patriots defense guessing was to come out of the huddle with 15 seconds to play (when they cut off the sideline to on-the-field communications). The caller's point was that this strategy totally screwed up the Rams offensive tempo and rhythm as they've been an uptempo offense all year. I thought it was an interesting observation as it can't be denied that the Rams looked completely out of synch almost all night. This may have been part of what McVay was referencing when he stated that he 'got outcoached' last night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.