• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

With Beathard announcing Gibbs is going to introduce him to the HOF.. I really want to go. Tickets; however, are sold out (should have known with the class going in.. not unlike when Monk and Green went in, tickets were sold out in less than 24 hours). ::sigh::

With Beathard announcing Gibbs is going to introduce him to the HOF.. I really want to go. Tickets; however, are sold out (should have known with the class going in.. not unlike when Monk and Green went in, tickets were sold out in less than 24 hours). ::sigh::

Did they really sell out in 24hrs that year? I got tickets and was able to go, but I honestly can't remember how or where I got them. I'm pretty sure it was from the Hall of Fame, but I can't remember the method. What I do remember is how packed it was and how crazy it was and how much my hands hurt after the record breaking ovation for Monk. That was something to see and even better to be a part of. By far the best moment in Redskins history post 91 Super Bowl win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they really sell out in 24hrs that year? I got tickets and was able to go, but I honestly can't remember how or where I got them. I'm pretty sure it was from the Hall of Fame, but I can't remember the method. What I do remember is how packed it was and how crazy it was and how much my hands hurt after the record breaking ovation for Monk. That was something to see and even better to be a part of. By far the best moment in Redskins history post 91 Super Bowl win.

If it wasn't 24 hours it was damn near close. Anyone with any shred of knowledge about football in general had to know that with Monk and Green going in the same year (and of course don't forget Emmitt Thomas even though he went in as a player and not a coach as he coached with the Redskins when Green and Monk were there). I too was there.. and have written a "paper" about the weekend because it was just so meaningful to me in so many ways. I'm sure there were tickets available after the HOF sold out as people put them up for sale, etc. Probably could have gotten a ticket to the induction itself the day of (people were selling tickets outside; I actually got mine from someone I knew on the Redskins boards over at redskins.com because when I had the money to be able to buy them, they had sold out... we also sold out several hotels in a 2-block radius within a week after the announcement of Monk and Green going in.

And as far as that record-breaking ovation.. it will never be broken as they do the introductions, etc., differently now as you probably know. I was sitting in front of the ESPN press box and even the ESPN guys gave Monk a standing ovation when he was introduced.

Man, if the Eagles go after Sherman with Robinson and Darby set to hit free agency Philly is going to be very hard to catch in the NFC East.

Roseman seems to be building a New England-like operation with the Eagles, using picks to take players that contribute right away, making the right trades (getting a #1 for Bradford, getting Nick Foles back) and signing veteran free agents that fill critical holes.

We didn't have a running game and went out and got nobody. Philly didn't have a running game and signed Blount and traded for Ajayi and kept on rolling.

I pray weekly that Warren Buffett buys the team and cleans house.

My personal dream in life is to buy the team myself and send Dan packing.

Firing Bruce isn't enough. He'll just promote Doug for a few years and then bring in Theismann.

it's too soon to write the story of how things with Doug Williams are going to turn out. I think you have to give him some time. The Alex Smith trade, not franchising Kirk Cousins out of vindictiveness or a 1% chance of completing a trade, these to me were all moves that had Williams' fingerprints on them.

But I agree McD5 that the team, like the Green Bay Packers back in the 1980s, has leaned heavily on ex-players and coaches from the team's glory days and that more often than not does NOT lead to future success.

In a phrase - you can't go home again :)

Green Bay brought back Bart Starr and Forrest Gregg as coaches and the Packers were at best a mediocre franchise.

At some point you need new blood to build a new dynasty.

But there are the exceptions to the rule.

John Elway came back to the Broncos and has been very successful in a short period of time with 2 Super Bowl appearances in his first 4 years years on the job.

BTW, I really like how aggressive Sean McVay is being with the Rams.

He could have sat on his laurels with a division title in hand from 2017 and played it safe coming back for 2018.

But he isn't doing that.

He has already make a number of moves to send guys out that wanted to be somewhere else and brought back in some very talented players that fill critical holes on their club for the next couple of seasons.

Buffett's number one tenet is to invest in organizations with strong leadership. He also doesn't suffer fools easily.

So, no and no.

We didn't have a running game and went out and got nobody. Philly didn't have a running game and signed Blount and traded for Ajayi and kept on rolling.

You realize there's a draft coming, right? :wink:

That's fine now. But we sat there for the better part of 15 weeks during the regular season without a between the tackles runner and watched some capable backs change hands via the trade market.

I wasn't suggesting we should have given up a top choice for a veteran but we were dead in the water and just stayed there.

Just my preference, I would rather have had Ajayi for a 4th pick and have that second rounder available to take a player at a spot to plug in where their shelf life is longer than RB.

One of the greatest Redskins' moments of my life. That is an ovation I had not ever seen, nor have I seen since.

One of my favorite moments from that weekend was after the ceremony I noticed a Darrell Green with a group walking toward the back of the stadium so I followed. He was going to the ESPN interview booth. I sat there for a moment watching when I turned to my left to see Coach Gibbs standing next to me. As I looked over, he met my glance with a smile and extended his hand, I shook it and thanked him for being such a tremendous part of youth. He thanked me. I did not try to advance the conversation any further, just wanted to say thanks to him. As I noticed others begin to crowd him, I simply walked away with a huge smile.

I don't ordinarily idolize man, and I am not sure that's the proper term, but that moment in my life was special, and it was meeting a human being who played a major role in a 10 year span of my life.

Last edited:
In a football kind of wet dream, either Vita Vea, or Quentin Nelson fall to #13 .

Nelson is the only offensive player I'd consider at #13 .
Of course, if we trade back to get more picks I would, consider, going offense in the 1st.

Well according to our football experts at the Park drafting a two down DL who doesn't have uber pass rushing skills is not a value pick no matter our scheme or how poorly we have played inside.

That's been their argument.

Of course $5M a year for Shaun Lauvao and $20M for Josh Norman didn't look like value plays to me in free agency.

I suppose LG and CB are more important than NT 😞

Dez Bryant will be in a Washington Redskins' uniform to start the 2018 NFL season.

Dez Bryant will be in a Washington Redskins' uniform to start the 2018 NFL season.

Yeessh... but I wouldn't bet against it. Heck, we even signed their camp fodder punter from last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.