• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Charlie Weis and Jimmy Clausen to Re-unite with Skins?

Sarge

If this is even remotely true, I'm definately done with the season tickets

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2009/could-charlie-weis-and-jimmy-clausen-reunite-with-redskins/

Former Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis and QB Jimmy Clausen could find themselves together again with the Washington Redskins next season.

It’s a possibility.

This morning on The Sports Junkies radio show on 106.7 The Fan in Washington, DC, Redskins beat report Chris Russell stated that Charlie Weis was a possibility to come to Washington next season.

Given the fact that Redskins GM Vinny Cerrato has a soft spot for Notre Dame, the move would make sense.

Don't see this happening. Heard last night Weis is looking to be Bears OC if Turner is fired.

It's the time of year every available coach and player will be linked to the Redskins. Everyone wants to be right on which new toy Snyder wants.

any move that has vinny staying in ANY capacity, and snyder not giving FULL control to a GM and let the gm pick the next coach and direction of this team...then i am done with the redskins.

i just cant keep justifying this colossal waste of time and emotion to my family anymore.

It's the time of year every available coach and player will be linked to the Redskins. Everyone wants to be right on which new toy Snyder wants.

That’s true. The game will go on until all of this shakes out.

I see Jimmy Clausen as a definite possibility here. I can’t comment on Weis.

There are a lot of good QB prospects in this draft though there doesn’t seem to be an Elway type that just stands head and shoulders above the crowd. That’s why I think we should go LT in the 1st and wait till the 2nd to get our QB.

Great! I’d be happy for Weis to go to Big D. If Col. Sanders doesn’t get the Cowboys to the playoffs this year he’ll be gone and I just can’t see another strong coach going to Dallas to deal with Jerry, so Weis wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility. He seems like a likeable enough fellow but he doesn’t strike me as someone with any special football genius. I know he had success in New England but so did Romeo Crennel.

Dallas is going to have the same problem we are having here. Unlike here Jerry doesn’t even pretend someone else is in charge. He’s the GM, he makes all the final calls. He’s on the sidelines almost every game interacting with the players and coaches during the game. If he hadn’t brought in Jimmy Johnson right out of the gate the impression of Jerry would be far different than it is now.

as an OC.....maybe.

as an HC hell no.

and personally, I 'd rather have Okung and Campbell here than Clausen and Levi Jones at LT.....

Given the fact that Redskins GM Vinny Cerrato has a soft spot for Notre Dame, the move would make sense.

Right now ND hates Weis.....so I don't think that will be a factor.

IF, and it's certainly not what I want to happen, we end up drafting Clausen, it would probably help his development to have Weis as the OC.

...and personally, I 'd rather have Okung and Campbell here than Clausen and Levi Jones at LT.....

This is spot on!

IF, and it's certainly not what I want to happen, we end up drafting Clausen, it would probably help his development to have Weis as the OC.

Do you think that after 3 years under Weis' wing, Claussen could learn more from him? Weis knows him very well so he would be able to cater to Claussen's abilities, but can he develop him more? Or are you speaking more of his transition into the NFL?

Do you think that after 3 years under Weis' wing, Claussen could learn more from him? Weis knows him very well so he would be able to cater to Claussen's abilities, but can he develop him more? Or are you speaking more of his transition into the NFL?

I was talking about his transition to the NFL game and the fact that Clausen would already be familiar with what Weis would want to do in the passing game. The transition would be smoother but he'd also need an establised QB coach to help him develop into an NFL QB. I'm sure that's something Weis would insist on.

Then again, I'm still on the OL bandwagon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.