• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Our 2018 starting QB will be....

If the Vikings are crazy enough to keep Bradford or Bridgewater over Casey Keenum....

Well my $$ is on Denver, but I also dont believe that he's completely ruled out playing here. Now of course if he signs with Denver, then my whole argument will get blown up and it will be painted with the response of "see, he was never even considering it" when in reality, we dont know that. I think that playing here is still an option, and one of his better options. I believe he see's playing here as one of his better options... the only question is will it be his BEST option, and ultimately the one he decides to go with.

Honest question to you all... if Kirk signs a deal this offseason with us to remain with the Redskins.... what then?

He'll have my full support. Just as he has every second he's worn the uniform.
I'll even call him by his given name.

Well my $$ is on Denver, but I also dont believe that he's completely ruled out playing here. Now of course if he signs with Denver, then my whole argument will get blown up and it will be painted with the response of "see, he was never even considering it" when in reality, we dont know that. I think that playing here is still an option, and one of his better options. I believe he see's playing here as one of his better options... the only question is will it be his BEST option, and ultimately the one he decides to go with.

His best option to produce the numbers he's been putting here, is here. Hopefully, if he stays, they'll actually accomplish something.

To date, they have served him alone.

His best option to produce the numbers he's been putting here, is here. Hopefully, if he stays, they'll actually accomplish something.

To date, they have served him alone.

I agree with all of this... but the question comes up, is his measure of success stats or wins? The conversation can be had that the Broncos are in a better position to win more games.

Oh, it's wins. All day, every day.

That's one of the most frustrating things about the whole mess. This offense helped him put up killer stats. Unfortunately, they didn't help us win. All they did was guarantee him a giant payday. He may go to another team, like the broncos, and get the wins. But it will be less because of him, than it is the team around him.

Broncos don't need to spend the money on a #8 . Colt McCoy, or the equivalent, is all they need. I think they might be smart enough to know that.

If the Vikings are crazy enough to keep Bradford or Bridgewater over Casey Keenum....

I think Keenum would be worth a chance if he can be had...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Keenum would be worth a chance if he can be had...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yupp... same here. My gut tells me we take Allen, which i feel minimizes our chances of anyone except Colt starting week 1

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

On a side note after looking over the Vikings record, seems we took the wrong Cincy coordinator big time.

If Josh Allen is there at our pick we gotta take him. Unless a REALLY desperate team offers us a Hershel Walker type deal in picks.

As a question...

Kirk seemed to struggle this year getting onto the same page as the new WR's. All year he struggled to really sync up with Pryor or Doctson. Where do you seat the blame/reason for that?

Is it that Pryor was a bust and Doctson essentially a rookie? Was it coaching? Or is it that Kirk is simply more effective when playing with the comfort of players he's had time to establish a rapport with?

And if it is the latter do you think that he would realise that it's not one of his strengths to adapt to a new system and new receivers and would that factor into any decision?

Any opinions?

As a question...

Kirk seemed to struggle this year getting onto the same page as the new WR's. All year he struggled to really sync up with Pryor or Doctson. Where do you seat the blame/reason for that?

Is it that Pryor was a bust and Doctson essentially a rookie? Was it coaching? Or is it that Kirk is simply more effective when playing with the comfort of players he's had time to establish a rapport with?

And if it is the latter do you think that he would realise that it's not one of his strengths to adapt to a new system and new receivers and would that factor into any decision?

Any opinions?

Kirk never trusted those guys so he often looked elsewhere. Beat reporters and analysts made mention of how he would often miss open receivers, not even looking their way.

Kirk is also very scripted. If the first read in a progression is the TE in the flat, and there is an opening for a throw, he's going to attempt it. He's not going to see man to man on the outside, and adjust his reads just because he likes the matchup. I think this is what Gruden was getting at about pushing it down the field. Most schematic plays are going to have the reads go from short to long, but a lot of QBs will adjust and even change the read progressions on the fly depending on the coverage and the defensive alignment. I dont think Kirk does that enough. The one time it came out that he did do it, it was the throw to Doctson that won the game for us.

Doctson and Pryor make their money down field, so in a base play they're likely the 2nd or 3rd read. When you have athletic mismatches like Reed / Davis / Thompson, a lot of times the 3rd read hasn't even executed a route before Kirk knows where he's going with the ball and is committed to it.

Grant and Danny have been the most giant Cousins ass-kissers in the media ever since their show started a personal relationship with him over the last few years. It goes beyond the borders of sycophant or fanaticism and is downright irrational. Why? I honestly have zero clue.

Yeah, I get that he is polite, puts up stats, etc - but our local media, not just Grant and Danny, fawns over him and bends over backwards not to criticize him like they would any other player.

For example, I don't think he exhibits ownership the way true leaders do. When he throws a pick or fumbles and the media asks him about it, he always says things like "trash at my feet," and talks about protection or what his receivers do. No simple, "hey, I shouldn't make that throw." Even if it is 100% somebody else's fault, why passive aggressively call them out publicly?

Also, his dad made comments to someone in the media about his contract (http://www.12up.com/posts/5862236-k...rising-revelation-on-offseason-contract-talks), and in the Danny/Grant Circle Jerk - Kirk mentioned that his dad was at the table during some point of contract negotiations. Hmmm, yet this has been underplayed for him, where I don't think it would have been for others.

No local media calls him out, it seems. He gets the luxury of being treated with kid gloves. I don't get it either. If he were to sign with say, the Jets, he'll be in for a new set of media spotlight.

So, I'm meh on #8 . On the one hand, he is solid enough and sometimes steps up (the Tampa comeback, GB reg season game, etc.), but he also comes up small often when we need him to produce most.

If he is 100% Teddy Bridgewater is an interesting option of the Vikings put him on the market.

He can make all the throws and has the type of pocket mobility and improvisation skills we see in the better quarterbacks in the NFL.

He's only 25, five years younger than Kirk Cousins and three years younger than Keenum who is 28.

I would definitely prefer having Bridgewater on board rather than drafting a guy like Mayfield, whose skills may not be transferable at the next level.

If I were the Vikings, Bradford would be the odd man out. Thankfully I'm not.

Love Bridgewater, but would be very surprised if they are willing to part with him. Probably depends on how confident they are in Bradford's future health? The situation would seem to hinge on how Keenum performs the rest of the way. If he looks great and maybe leads the Vikings to the Super Bowl (or even wins it), then it may be Bridgewater who gets shopped? If he screws the pooch and throws 3 or 4 picks this weekend and the Vikings lose, maybe Keenum is available?

I do think Bridgewater has 'special' written all over him. He's just had some unfortunate luck to date.

If I were Bruce Allen, my mindset is that the Redskins cannot wait until March to see how the Kirk Cousins drama works itself out. I color Kirk gone. So I have only two options. Franchise him as soon as it's possible and start working on the sign and trade with a QB needy team. Or aggressively work on a trade to get a guy like Bridgewater or Keenum as soon as possible.

The longer we go where there is no news, the more likely we are going to enter the QB draft crapshoot vs. getting a talented younger guy from another NFL team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.