• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Locking up 2nd will entice Free Agents

stevenaa

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Great article on how this will help in the Free Agent hunt.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/36854/timing-was-a-key-to-redskins-big-deal

Officially, the trade that will send three first-round draft picks and a second-rounder from the Washington Redskins to the St. Louis Rams in exchange for this year's No. 2 pick can't be announced or finalized until the new league year opens Tuesday. But it has been agreed upon several days early, and there are some good reasons for that from the Redskins' standpoint.

good article.....nice move early....hope we can get V.Jacksonand especially keep London Fletcher

Read this the other day. Very good article with good points. RG3 isn't even here, yet already have a positive impact.

Vincent Jackson has a lot of baggage...dude can ball, but at what cost?

Vincent Jackson has a lot of baggage...dude can ball, but at what cost?

We can only hope he has matured with age and will be glad to play for a coach like Shanahan if he comes here. When was his last run in with trouble?

I just hope we don't completely over-pay for his services like some articles are suggesting. He does not deserve the money that would make him the 2nd highest paid WR in the league.

I am split on V-Jax.

Forget Jackson, at 29 and with less than elite overall numbers he could be one of the major busts in this free agent class.

He wants Fitgerald or Johnson money but isn't in that class.

In fact Jackson seems like he is only about the money.

And given the recent history with Haynesworth, I would steer clear of him.

Haynesworth also was franchised by the Titans but never worked out a long-term deal. Part of it was the money but the other part was TN not really trusting Albert once he got the money.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I don't see how a rookie QB will entice any veteran WR to come here and wait for him to learn the pro game. If they do come here, it would be more for the money. Which is what we we're trying to get away from, right?

I don't see how a rookie QB will entice any veteran WR to come here and wait for him to learn the pro game. If they do come here, it would be more for the money. Which is what we we're trying to get away from, right?

I hear you, but if you were a WR, would you rather catch passes from Rex Grossman or a rookie? While Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, et all may be a lot more attractive than a rookie (as they should be), we are a lot more attractive than we were 72 hours ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.