• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

Yes, this move seems like it is to solidify Smith's future with the Skins. Pretty sure he will be the GM someday - maybe in the next year or two.

We can't afford to let any more younger talent leave the team.

Seeing McVay doing what he did with the Rams last year stung a bit.

He took a quarterback that looked like a complete bust in Year 1 and coaxed him into an 11-5 year.

Smith holds the promise of the future and isn't tainted with past failures in the front office.

If Smith becomes GM in the next year or 2, I see Bruce sticking around in some capacity, IMO.
I just don't see Snyder firing him, anytime soon.
He probably just gets "freed" from his GM duties, stays as President, maybe gets an additional fancy description addended to his title, along with a pay raise.
I agree though, that Williams is probably un-firable. Maybe more-so than Allen.
So the other scenario I can see is this :
If Smith gets promoted to GM, I could see Williams in a President role, if Allen does indeed get the boot.
That way, Williams gets a promotion of his own, doesn't get offended by Smith's leapfrog, and it makes sense and more fitting, because Williams seems more suited for a Prez role, than GM.

Last edited:
We got a lot of corner competition this year, especially young ones.
So one of our young stallions ain't gonna make the final 53, and probably one of our recent draft picks.
I'm gonna say Holsey is the odd man out, as far as our more popular prospects go.
That is, if I go by this possibly cryptic tweet by Fuller, because he had shout-outs for Stroman(understandably since he's VT), and Moreau, but Holsey was left out for some reason.

Last edited:
FYI...

I have ended the relationship with LWOS and will no longer write for them. We parted on great terms and I truly appreciate the opportunity to write Redskins articles there.

And...

I will now be a content contributor/writer for Riggo's Rag and my first article will be posted soon. I will link to all articles here. This is a great opportunity and puts me closer to actually writing about the Redskins. It is good to have this relationship with Riggo's Rag (owned and operated by FanSided, Inc. - a subsidiary of Time, Inc.) and I hope it can enhance the relationship that BGO has with the fans.

This will not affect the work I do here. That will continue without interruption.

That was English, right?

"Skins fans I promise you Tim Settle and Greg Stroman are BALLERS

On me (I promise) Greg Stroman going make somethings shake (is going to be good). Get my boy right DJ Swearinger, Josh Norman, Fabian Moreau"

:)

Thanks LOL!!! when you're character limited with Twitter and combining that with whatever else, something gets a little lost in translation... ;)

Thanks LOL!!! when you're character limited with Twitter and combining that with whatever else, something gets a little lost in translation... ;)

ANY TIME! Truth be told I was partially assuming your comment was tongue in cheek, and my was also a tongue in cheek response.

"Skins fans I promise you Tim Settle and Greg Stroman are BALLERS

On me (I promise) Greg Stroman going make somethings shake (is going to be good). Get my boy right DJ Swearinger, Josh Norman, Fabian Moreau"

:)

98C52BD1-E4B0-4BEE-A9B5-98BF460836B7.jpeg

This is immediately the scene I thought of.

The Redskins have signed seven of their draft picks. Only one to go (Geron Christian).

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone here at BGO. We hope your week has been a good one. Hello to everyone on social media. We'd love to have you as a member here and become a part of the family.

The draft is history. Free Agency has all but dwindled down for now. Rookie camp is about to begin. OTAs and mini-camps are just around the corner. Training camp will be here soon. We'll cover it all and give everyone at BGO the best coverage possible.

Today we are posting the first roster prediction of the off-season and we'll have several more this spring and summer.

Who will make the final roster of fifty-three? Who will be the surprise cuts? Who will be signed to the practice squad? Will any other free agents be signed? BBQ would like to see your roster predictions this spring and summer.

Let's get right to it!

Quaterbacks:
Alex Smith (Starter)
Colt McCoy

Running Backs:
Derrius Guice (Starter)
Samaje Perine
Rob Kelley
Chris Thompson (Third Down Back)

Wide Receivers:
Josh Doctson (Starter)
Paul Richardson (Starter)
Jamison Crowder (Slot)
Brian Quick
Trey Quinn
Simmie Cobbs

Tight Ends:
Jordan Reed (Starter)
Vernon Davis
Jeremy Sprinkle

Offensive Tackles:
Trent Williams (Starter)
Morgan Moses (Starter)
Ty Nsekhe
Geron Christian

Offensive Guards:
Brandon Scherff (Starter)
Shawn Lauvao (Starter)
Arie Kouandjio
Tyler Catalina

Centers:
Chase Roullier (Starter)
Sean Welsh

Defensive Linemen:
Jonathan Allen (Starter)
Daron Payne (Starter)
Stacy McGee (Starter)
Matt Ioannidis
Tim Settle
Anthony Lanier
Ziggy Hood

Outside Linebackers:
Ryan Kerrigan (Starter)
Preston Smith (Starter)
Pernell McPhee
Ryan Anderson

Inside Linebackers:
Mason Foster (Starter)
Zach Brown (Starter)
Zach Vigil
Josh Harvey-Clemons

Cornerbacks:
Josh Norman (Starter)
Quinton Dunbar (Starter)
Fabian Moreau (Slot)
Josh Holsey
Orlando Scandrick
Greg Stroman (Punt Returner)

Strike Safeties:
DJ Swearinger (Starter)
Deshazor Everett

Free Safeties:
Montae Nicholson (Starter)
Troy Apke

Special Teams:
Tress Way (Starter)
Dustin Hopkins (Starter)
Nick Sundberg (Starter)

Practice Squad:
De'Mornay Pierson-El
Manasseh Garner
Quin Blanding
Jerod Fernandez
Robert Davis
Timon Parris
Martez Carter
Ondre Pipkins
Keith Marshall
Fish Smithson

There is your first roster prediction from us for 2018. We'll post more in the coming weeks and months.

Hail To The Redskins!

RUMINT is Arie Kouandjio is out possibly for the season with a torn quad. No link yet.

When we learn more about the injury, I will edit the roster prediction. Not sure if we will sign a guard, but it can't be ruled out.

We will need to sign a veteran OL, really we needed to do so even if this injury to Arie hadn't happened.

Lauvao is injury prone and is nowhere near the other four OL in terms of ability.

You can't put all the eggs in that basket.

We have room to add a guard and should do so when the opportunity presents itself over the summer.

When we learn more about the injury, I will edit the roster prediction. Not sure if we will sign a guard, but it can't be ruled out.

Plus factor in we just lost another LG - Sean Welsh has retired.
What is it with the Skins and promising UDFA's suddenly retiring as soon as they sign with us...if you remember Connor Halliday, too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.