• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Christmas sales

Sarge

Yes, it's that time of year again. If most of you are like me, you have no idea what to get folks for Christmas.

So, here's a thread to post ideas and good deals in. Post 'em if you see 'em

For the Star Trek fan in your life

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox

The entire "Sports Night" series is available for $28 in the amazon gold box (Sarge's link) today. For those of you who never saw it, its an awesome series.

The entire "Sports Night" series is available for $28 in the amazon gold box (Sarge's link) today. For those of you who never saw it, its an awesome series.

Still can't figure out why that was canceled except that people are idiots. Great show, great show. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and pick it up. If you regret buying it, I will buy it from you.

bucket.png

My family is very practical. I get one of these every year.

putting off all XMAS purchases until FY11 taxes are finalized

Uhhh, what now? I thought I liked you, Lanky. You don't like AD? Go watch it again sometime, great show, and well worth $28.

I understand the show has a ton of fans, but I never liked it. Too contrived, and just not funny in my opinion. Seemed like they tried to hard to get the easy laugh. Oh well, not everyone can like every show! :)

I understand the show has a ton of fans, but I never liked it. Too contrived, and just not funny in my opinion. Seemed like they tried to hard to get the easy laugh. Oh well, not everyone can like every show! :)

I have to share this sentiment. My fiancé tried to get me into it, but I was less enthused than she was for pretty much the same reason you explained. It was funny, just not that funny.

Go figure because as much as I fought it and my protest against that evil network, I have become a huge fan of 30 Rock. I think it is a similar style of comedy.

In fact, I am purchasing seasons 1-3 of 30 Rock for my fiancée for Christmas.

OK, now I'm really confused. I loved AD, and I love 30 Rock, and yes the styles of comedy are practically identical. I will admit when we first started watching AD, it took about 6 episodes for me to really get into it, but once I got into it, I love it.

OK, now I'm really confused. I loved AD, and I love 30 Rock, and yes the styles of comedy are practically identical. I will admit when we first started watching AD, it took about 6 episodes for me to really get into it, but once I got into it, I love it.

Probably the characters involved. I was never able to get into the characters in Arrested Development.

When I first started watching 30 Rock, I was biased because of Alec Baldwin, the wife and child abuser, Tina McFey, the liberal activist, and the worst was Tracy Morgan, someone I just could not understand how he became a member of SNL or any other show because I thought he was talentless. After watching I was pleasantly surprised. So much so, I even watched Morgan's stand up routine, it was good. The show is creative, especially Kenneth and his Appalachian anecdotes.

It was the complete opposite for AD, I knew and liked many of the actors. Jeffrey Tambor is an excellent comedy actor, although he was kinda creepy in the Ropers, Michael Cera is likable, Justin Bateman has certainly outgrown the child actor curse. But for whatever reason, I could not take a liking to the characters in the show. I think it was the relationship to Maeby and Michael Cera's character. It was kinda creepy.

I also really like 30-Rock. Maybe I'll give AD another try, but I just don't think I'll like it too much.

pssst...don't tell anyone......UPS delivered Xmas present to myself today (after winning e-bay auction). no patience...broke it open and tested it: Bowers & Wilkens P5 headset.

SWEEEEEEEEET!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.