• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2012 Redskins Training Camp

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
2012 Redskins Training Camp (Images from Day 2 on pg3)

Well, football is back ladies and gentlemen! More importantly, Redskins football!

The first bit of news I find interesting which goes against what has been talked about in the offseason is that Jamaal Brown has been placed on the PUP list. I was under the impression that he'd be 100% by the start of camp. (Well, maybe not 100%, but ready to go nonetheless)

Is it time to cut ties?

Kinda expected Tashard Jackson to be on it or still recovering from his injury, but he is on the PUP list along with Tristan Davis.

Cooley and Hank are said to be 100%, we'll see.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm about there with Jamaal. If any of the youngins look good, its about time to wave goodbye, in my opinion.

Jamaal Brown is on the PUP list??? I'm shocked! Stunned! Totally surprised!

NOT!

397890450.jpg

Yeah, Rich Campbell tweeted that Tyler Polumbus is practicing with the 1st string.

Not surprised. It is time to cut ties with Master Yoga.

Kinda expected Tashard Jackson to be on it or still recovering from his injury, but he is on the PUP list along with Tristan Davis.

Cooley and Hank are said to be 100%, we'll see.

Tanard?

And Cooley better be 100%...he's gotta have the camp of his life to make the team I think.

See, I disagree, Lanky. I think Cooley is still our best all around TE. I think as long as he stays healthy, he could even start ahead of Davis who is not as good as Cooley at blocking or at being personally responsible.

Tanard?

And Cooley better be 100%...he's gotta have the camp of his life to make the team I think.

Yeah, I must have been thinking of the steal we got at RB last year...Tashard Choice. :tantrum:

From what I am seeing on Twitter, Trent and Rak are having a good battle, but it sounds like Rak is getting the better of him.

‏@Rich_Campbell
One word to describe RG3's practice this afternoon: inaccurate. ...quite a few low passes. #Redskins

Not really interested in hearing this! I know! I know! We need patience...

‏@Rich_Campbell
One word to describe RG3's practice this afternoon: inaccurate. ...quite a few low passes. #Redskins

Not really interested in hearing this! I know! I know! We need patience...

Time to start KIRK COUSINS!!!11!!1 OMGZ HE'S INACCURATES!!!! OH NOES!!!!11!11!11!!!!!!!!!1!!!ELEVENTYBILLION

Time to start KIRK COUSINS!!!11!!1 OMGZ HE'S INACCURATES!!!! OH NOES!!!!11!11!11!!!!!!!!!1!!!ELEVENTYBILLION

:rotflmao:

I know it doesn't transmit well with the written word, but that was meant tongue in cheek. I am on board the Griff wagon even if I still think he cost more than I like.

:rotflmao:

I know it doesn't transmit well with the written word, but that was meant tongue in cheek. I am on board the Griff wagon even if I still think he cost more than I like.

Ha, I figured. Even the most staunch RG3 opponent would give him more than one training camp practice...I hope!

I don't know about that - I mean, the mere fact that Davis got the Franchise Tag, should virtually guarantee he starts, barring injury, no ?

No, they did that because it was the only way to keep him on the roster without giving him a long term, big number deal.

So I would argue the fact they franchised him shows they aren't convinced he's turned the corner yet.

were the errant throws in the non-padded inside the tent morning session or in the afternoon heat wearing pads?

first day of practice! who cares? btw...no comment on the patterns receivers were running?

Ugh. This article turns my stomach:

As you've probably heard by now the Redskins are interested in bringing in veteran running backs Ryan Grant and Cedric Benson into training camp. First off, what does this mean? Second off who would be a better fit and make more more sense for the Skins?

We can speculate why the Redskins would bring in these veteran backs until we're blue in the face. The good news is that this is not another Willie Parker/Larry Johnson situation. Perhaps Tim Hightower is not one hundred percent? Perhaps Mike Shanahan does not feel that Evan Royster does not provide the proper depth needed behind Hightower and Helu? One thing is for sure, Hightower is not worried about his injury:

More at Link

Blech.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.