• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BG Overdrive Modification

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
As a general heads up ...

We have modified the home page module for BG Overdrive.

[For those not familiar with this feature, please click here for a full overview.]

The home page module features the most recent member posts (3 displayed at present) you have voted for inclusion in the site's group blog. Previously the RSS feed showed only a teaser of the post's text. As of today it also now displays both the user name of the author (hot-linked to his/her profile) and the date the post was published.

Not to get preachy, but while we're on the subject the truth is we think we're just scratching the surface with BG Overdrive. As we continue to grow and become more active as a community, we envision the blog updating on a regular basis. Several times a day, eventually. Given the required high quality of the posts found there (else they would not have been voted in), BG Overdrive has the potential to become a daily "must see" stop for serious Redskins fans and, dare we say it ... anyone, be they fan, media, etc., who wants a quality, well-written, thoughtful fans-eye view of what is going on in the Redskins universe.

Just food for thought.

Also, as a quick reminder, while we have yet to formalize this, given we track the number of posts each BGO member gets published to the blog (number is tracked and displayed below member's user name and avatar in every post), we will be rewarding those who get published the most ... BGO gear, premium memberships, special avatar, that kind of thing. The writing and recognition themselves are certainly rewards, but we also recognize there's a certain amount of challenge (read: fun) associated with being The Man.

Okay so it was a little preachy ... but still. :cool4:

Thank you to one and all who have contributed to and participated in getting this unique feature off the ground, and here's to unlimited horizons.

Hail.

Last edited:
I've noticed this feature must be broken, because I have zero Overdrive posts.

;)

There is one in every group... ;)

FYI, here's full overview as to how this baby funtions.
Link takes me to a page that says:

kirbster, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
  3. The page you are trying to access may be available only to BGO Premium Members
    premiumclear.png
    . For a complete list of all Premium features, please click here.

Give it a try now, gents. If you still have issues, let me know.

We are working feverishly on our next version of this feature, so we can recognize our less accomplished posters...stay tuned for BG Underdrive!

Listen, I appreciate the "Participant" ribbon, but if you ain't first, yer last. SHAKE 'N BAKE!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.