• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Day Thread - Week 11 - 2018: Redskins v Texans

Who Wins on Sunday?

• Good guys!

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Houston - we have a problem!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ask Josh Norman

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One little known factor in Sunday's game...

At first blush ... to me the Skins D better have a really good day, force 2-3 turnovers, force FG's, maybe even score. Because our inside OL accounting firm of Cooper, Roullie & Bergstrom is going up against a certain J.J. Watt on Sunday. Through nine games, 9 sacks and 4 forced fumbles. The man is all the way back ...

If the D shows up, and the Sunday night highlight packages don't feature multiple clips of Watt disrupting the run and sitting on Smith's chest, and the announcers are not saying the phrase "future first-ballot Hall of Famer" in reverent tone over and over ... we might actually win this one.

Last edited:
This week, the offense helps out more, getting it done.

Redskins 31
Texans 14

Nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs on this one. We don't exactly enjoy an overwhelming home field advantage, and the Texans are on a six game roll. Way I see it, we need to play not necessarily a flawless, but definitely a very good game in all three phases to pull out the W. Would love to see it happen but prepared to work next week without any fingernails no matter what. If we DO come out on top I really like our chances of winning the East. Philly is almost certainly going to lose in NO, and the Pukes might also lose in the ATL. A win coupled with one more Eagles-Pukes game should be insurmountable - provided we don't trip over our you-know-whats heading down the stretch. I am well aware of the distinct possibility, but I have to believe that sooner or later we must break out of our long rut. Why not this year?

Nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs on this one. We don't exactly enjoy an overwhelming home field advantage, and the Texans are on a six game roll.

It's all about perspective. Look at it this way, my friend...

Under Jay Gruden, the Redskins are 6-3 at home against AFC opponents.
Under Bill O'Brien, the Texans are 0-8 on the road against NFC opponents.

No cutesy plays on offense, KISS. O-line needs to establish early that its a ball control kind of day. Take shots on occasion but spread em out and run every back we dress throughout the day. We control the line of scrimmage and commit to the run...we win.

Texans 20
Redskins 29

Smith is likely to take a few more sacks than normal today. One of the biggest keys to success will be in not fumbling on any of those sacks.

Let's be honest, we can speculate all we want but this team is the most consistent nail biter team we've had in awhile. My prediction, skins win, ugly like were supposed to.

My own... ? We get... to quote Emmitt Smith... blowed out. Just feel it coming, so Hollywood and DJ can bitch about the fans not showing even more.

While I think Smith's play has been poor, I did not want to see things go down like that. That looked nasty!

Let's just say I'm about 1000% sure he's done for the season.

CBS wouldn't even replay it, it was so ugly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.