• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Jim Zorn press conference highlights

Spence

The Rookie
Reaction score
DT Albert Haynesworth is injured again, but no word on playing this Sunday.

FB Mike Sellers has a thigh bruise with bleeding. Sellers is questionable for Sunday’s game after being released from the hospital. Seems like an injury rather similar to what Jason Taylor had last year, but not as severe.

Zorn on Sellers fumble: “What happened was, the New Orleans defender picked the ball up, and when he picked it up it became their possession.”
Read it all.

Zorn: "There is noboy on that field who has the range and violence that Laron Landry does at free safety"

Perhaps, but I think that says more about the Redskins lack of a real FS than it does about Landry.

Landry is a poor FS. Yes, he's fast, but the dude gets burned in coverage easily.

Bring him up at the line. Let him blitz and create havoc. That's what he's best at.

On the subject of Landry...I note that Rogers got benched for blowing fewer coverages than Landry has.

Also, I'm sure you all noticed it also, but on Landry's "blitz," he almost bounced right off Brees. Brees stumbled backwards, and appeared to maybe trip on his own player, but he definitely didn't get "blown up." Landry had a clean shot on him, and fired himself like a missile. To be honest, we're extremely lucky he didn't get a flag for leading with his helmet.

Knucklehead.

Also, I'm sure you all noticed it also, but on Landry's "blitz," he almost bounced right off Brees. Brees stumbled backwards, and appeared to maybe trip on his own player, but he definitely didn't get "blown up." Landry had a clean shot on him, and fired himself like a missile. To be honest, we're extremely lucky he didn't get a flag for leading with his helmet.

Knucklehead.

We're also extremely lucky Brees actually fell over. Had he kept his feet he's throwing into a secondary minus a safety. How Landry could launch himself at Brees like that without wrapping him up is beyond me.

Knucklehead.

Lanky, I find myself agreeing with much of your content on this site, but Landry delivered a hard hit on Brees that knocked Brees on his arse. He did not lead with his head, it was a clean shoulder pad hit and it knocked Brees down.

With that said, you are absolutely correct that he did go into that play with an obvious lack of desire to tackle the QB like a professional would tackle. His sole mission was a highlight reel, hard hit! If it had been a bigger QB, he wouldn't have had the sack on that play.

Lanky, I find myself agreeing with much of your content on this site, but Landry delivered a hard hit on Brees that knocked Brees on his arse. He did not lead with his head, it was a clean shoulder pad hit and it knocked Brees down.

With that said, you are absolutely correct that he did go into that play with an obvious lack of desire to tackle the QB like a professional would tackle. His sole mission was a highlight reel, hard hit! If it had been a bigger QB, he wouldn't have had the sack on that play.

I don't think so...it definitely knocked Brees off balance, but it was not a highlight reel hit, IMO. Brees kind of fell over in spite of himself, not because of anything Landry did. And yes, Landry led with the shoulder, but the point is he didn't wrap up, which could have been a roughing call, as I understand it.

I don't think so...it definitely knocked Brees off balance, but it was not a highlight reel hit, IMO. Brees kind of fell over in spite of himself, not because of anything Landry did. And yes, Landry led with the shoulder, but the point is he didn't wrap up, which could have been a roughing call, as I understand it.

Not sure about the rule in that situation, I do know he made contact with shoulder pad only hard enough that Brees stumbled back and fell on his arse without tripping over anybody. Watch it again Lanky, he went down because of the hit.

And I saw it on the NFL Gameday and SportsCenter highlight reels so it was a highlight.

I agree, he should have wrapped up, I just feel you're exaggerating on this one a bit because of your outright disgust with his overall play this season and understandably so.

Edit: I did not see it on NFL Gameday, I think it was the local NBC affiliate.

Last edited:
Its not included on the Redskins.com highlight package...

Disagree. I was at FedEx up in 403 so I got to see the hit GoodYear Blimp style.
It was a good hit......but a typical Landry hit.

Thus, instead of following through and making a nice hit/tackle (kinda what Kevin Barnes did earlier in the game) he bounced off of Brees. Luckily for us Brees couldn't keep his balance, but he came awfully close and it wouldn't have surprised me if he had.

Disagree. I was at FedEx up in 403 so I got to see the hit GoodYear Blimp style.
It was a good hit......but a typical Landry hit.

Thus, instead of following through and making a nice hit/tackle (kinda what Kevin Barnes did earlier in the game) he bounced off of Brees. Luckily for us Brees couldn't keep his balance, but he came awfully close and it wouldn't have surprised me if he had.

I'm not sure you guys are getting what I am trying to say. Landry hit Brees. Brees stumbled and fell down. If Landry had not touched Brees, he would not have taken six or seven steps backward before he fell. It is simple physics. A caused B.

Now, with that said, I will agree that it was typical Landry bull**** tackling. If it had been a bigger QB he would have been able to withstand the hit. That hit would not have knocked down McNabb or Big Ben or even JC, but his hit was what caused Brees to fall!

I was at the game also, I saw it on the highlights and I have seen it on my digital video recording several times now.

It was not an ideal tackle, this I admit and support. But to suggest that Brees did not go down as a result of that hit is wrong.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.