• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Sign 4th Rd. Pick LB Keenan Robinson

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
REDSKINS SIGN FOURTH-ROUND PICK KEENAN ROBINSON

ASHBURN, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed 2012 fourth-round draft pick linebacker Keenan Robinson (119th overall). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Robinson (6-3, 242) played collegiately at Texas for four seasons, where he appeared in 51 games with 39 starts and was a two-time second team All-Big 12 selection (2010 & 2011). During his career, he posted 317 tackles (172 solo), 5.5 sacks, 25 tackles for loss, 14 quarterback pressures, two interceptions, two fumble recoveries, three forced fumbles and 14 passes defensed.

Robinson, 22, started all 13 games as a senior in 2011, recording 106 tackles, 10 tackles for loss, one sack, one safety, 13 quarterback pressures, seven passes defensed and two forced fumbles. He was also named the 2011 Holiday Bowl Defensive MVP.

Robinson was born on July 7, 1989, in Omaha, Neb. He prepped at Plano East (Texas) H.S., where he was named first-team All-American by both Parade Magazine and USA Today. He was a member of ESPNU's top 150 national prospects, and finished his high school career with 273 tackles.

Kind of intrigued by this pick ... just a gut feeling that this is a name we will become very familiar with over the next few seasons.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJAg8_osV88[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3RTrIHM-yA[/media]

Last edited:
there were a number of draftniks that thought the Redskins wasted a pick here in not going after a wide receiver or corner in the fourth round.

but we signed Garcon and Morgan and have Hankerson coming back.

at inside linebacker there was NO ONE behind Fletcher and Riley before the draft.

we subsequently signed Goff and Kehl after the draft, but Goff is coming back from a knee injury and Kehl has bounced around a bit.

Robinson looks like a smart pick for the team going forward.

This was a pick I liked. :)

We'll need someone to take over for Fletcher eventually, and this kid may eventually be that guy. If he can do it we'll have a nice, solid, young LB corps.

I loved this pick, however I would have loved Juron Criner even more. ILB was a more pressing need due to the signings BT mentioned, but if reports are true about Criner dominating at Raiders OTAs, we might have missed out on a huge piece of this offense.

Hopefully Garçon comes in and looks amazing so I'll forget all about Criner by September 9th. :)

This was a pick I liked. :)

We'll need someone to take over for Fletcher eventually, and this kid may eventually be that guy. If he can do it we'll have a nice, solid, young LB corps.
The goal every year in the draft should be DL, LB, and "offensive weapon" - whether that means WR, RB, or TE.

Unless we end up with gaping holes anywhere else, the team should maintain in part by bolstering depth with starter-quality talent at LB since they are so important for a 3-4 D.

I'm glad we signed him, too, as well as what we did in FA. Hoping he makes his mark on special teams and eventually into the starting lineup.

Robinson is 6'3 and 245. Hopefully, he can get up to 255 or so and not lose quickness in preparing to take over an ILB slot over the next 1-2 years.

The guy is a great athlete but he doesn't fight off or through blocks well and he doesn't have great anticipation. I thought sure JMJ would have been the pick if we were going with ILB. I sure hope this works out but it wouldn't really surprise me if he becomes nothing more than a good Special Teams player.

Yeah, I didn't have a 'problem' with this pick, but it seems like one we just have to have faith the team knew what it was doing with. The issue I have with the idea of him being an eventual successor to London is that London is a 'Tom Brady'-like player, in that no one saw him coming. Undrafted, he plays like a first round pick. I'm skeptical we've drafted Fletcher's successor with a mid-round pick (if that is really who they think this guy will be). His rep is that he's almost the opposite of Fletcher. He's obviously got the more prototypical physique, but he's said to not have particularly strong LB instincts, and is known as a 'hitter', not a sure tackler. His weaknesses are Fletcher's strengths. Maybe the thinking is, Fletcher can teach the guy, I don't know. But I'll be pleasantly surprised if Robinson turns out to be a hidden gem.

^^If he just turns out to be a solid ST player and quality depth, that wouldn't be so bad. Like I said earlier, we should make it a habit of taking a gamble in the high rounds (1-4) each draft on a potential starting LB given the kind of D we run. That way it increases the chances we'll "hit" on one of these guys - either as OLB or ILB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.