• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins release 5, including Marko Mitchell

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date

Lanky Livingston

Oh man...does this mean I need a new username? DAGGER!!

Redskins release 5: RBs Anthony Alridge & P.J. Hill, WRs Marko Mitchell & James Robinson, and DL Anthony Montgomery all released.

http://twitter.com/redskinsblog/statuses/13310975985

I reeeeallly hope Shanahan knows what he's doing...because I have an eery feeling Mitchell is going to somewhere else and catch 7-10 TDs this season. Sigh.

EDIT: of course that's the uber-homer side of me...

agreed...i hate to see MM go. dont care at all about the others...but mitchell seemed to be a player.

guess we will just have to trust in shanny...

So much for the mitchell mancrushes.

Now the big question is who makes the team at WR? Galloway, Wade, Hagans, Williams or Austin?

At least two of those players may be on the 2010 roster.

I seem to remember a lot of folks forecasting big success for another tall, late round, WR the Redskins released too but McCants did bubkiss after leaving Washington. Not saying this is the same case but I think the odds much better that Shanahan and Co are more right then we fans.

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

May 3, 2010

REDSKINS RELEASE FIVE

LOUDOUN COUNTY, VA – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have released running backs Anthony Alridge and P.J. Hill, wide receivers Marko Mitchell and James Robinson, and defensive lineman Anthony Montgomery.

Montgomery joined the team as a fifth-round draft choice in 2006. In four seasons with the Redskins, he played in 42 games, with 22 starts. Montgomery saw action in seven contests last season, all in a reserve role. Mitchell was a seventh-round selection in the 2009 NFL Draft. He played in 10 games last season and caught four passes for 32 yards.

Alridge spent four weeks each on the Redskins’ active roster and practice squad in 2009, but did not see any action. Hill was signed Dec. 30, 2009, and was inactive for the season finale. Robinson was signed to the Redskins’ practice squad on Dec. 8, 2009, where he stayed for the season’s final four weeks.

Clearing out space for the return of Taylor Jacobs :)

Not much to see here with obviously the only mild surprise being Mitchell's release. I think the dark horse to make the team is Hagans, although I may be simply subbing a UVa mancrush for my usual burgundy and gold one.

I was somewhat surprised at the release of Aldridge, since Shanny had recommended him to the Redskins last year.

It will be interesting to see if anyone picks up Mitchell-or any of the others for that matter, and how quickly they do.

It will be interesting to see if anyone picks up Mitchell-or any of the others for that matter, and how quickly they do.

In my completely biased and homerrific opinion, I think Mitchell is going to be snatched up very quickly. I'd say look for him to sign with the Eagles, Giants, Texans, Bears or Jaguars fairly soon.

Just as I don't understand why the Jets would replace Thomas Jones with LaDanian Tomlinson, I likewise don't understand why we would replace Marko Mitchell with Joey Galloway.

Marko was just the latest mancrush in a long line of crushes. Eloi, Mix (he's tall!), Lundgren or whatever the white RB from a couple of years ago name is.

There is a different guy every year. My prediction for mancrush of the 2010 season will be Selvish Capers. Dennis Morris is the runner-up.

Why do you think people get all hot and bothered watching a guy catch four passes in preseason? I think everyone wants to find that jem. Finally, when the jewel is found, they can claim that they were right all along and that they knew this particular player was going to make it. Afterwards, a cookie is dished out to honor this person and there fantastic football knowledge.

I am guilty of this as well. I was yelling at Zorn last year to put in Marko when we got in the red zone. We needed the big bodied reciever. In fact, it worked pretty well for McCants for a short stretch.

Unfortunately, the coaches no more than you or I. I say unfortunately because I do not like other people being better at something than myself. Damn you Shannahan and your genius football IQ!

With that, I am sad to see Alridge leave. He is so much more valuable than Parker. He is faster, younger and with the proper adhesive on his hands, he can be quite the ball carrier.

Why do you think people get all hot and bothered watching a guy catch four passes in preseason? I think everyone wants to find that jem.

Jem?

jem%20-%20truly%20outrageous.jpg

Unfortunately, the coaches no more than you or I. I say unfortunately because I do not like other people being better at something than myself. Damn you Shannahan and your genius football IQ!

With that, I am sad to see Alridge leave. He is so much more valuable than Parker. He is faster, younger and with the proper adhesive on his hands, he can be quite the ball carrier.

Omniscient, you nailed it for me with that paragraph. I was also one of the Mitchell supporters, yelling at Zorn to "put the damn kid in the game, fool!".

And now, like yourself, I have to stand by a judgement I've made that this is the best F.O. and coaching staff I've seen the Redskins have in the entire time Dan Snyder has owned the team, and, having said that, I must defer to their judgement on things like Marko Mitchell.

Even when it hurts.

Oh, and about Aldridge, you think the NFL might consider letting some bright chemist come up with a temporary "goo" that could help a player hold on to the ball? It's probably not likely, but, again like yourself, I liked Aldridge's speed and quickness but the Teflon hands-yuck!

Have to agree with kirbster, releasing Alridge is biggest surprise. None are a shock. Nothing more than new regime wanting "their" guys.

Just as I don't understand why the Jets would replace Thomas Jones with LaDanian Tomlinson, I likewise don't understand why we would replace Marko Mitchell with Joey Galloway.
I wasn't aware the roster had been finalized and we're ready to start the season!

We're a LONG way from knowing who will be on the final roster. It's time for people just to calm down and wait and see.

I have "know" issues with any of this. If I remember correctly, we brought in Malcolm Kelly to be that big, tall receiver in the red zone.

(Sorry...I saw that one along with the "jem". Couldn't resist....)

Wow you guys are tough with the 'jem' issue. I am just happy that something I wrote can make an impression, no matter how dumb.

I will try to do better at pointing out your faults as well. A poster once told me, you are not getting graded for writing an essay on this site. Sadly, I think he was wrong.

I will now wipe the tears out of my eyes and move forward. I understand that it was just constructive criticism. However, it still hurts :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.