• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

McNabb set to be released by Vikings...

Dead Money

, Mike Wise HATE'r
Reaction score
Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that McNabb will be released today.

I would like to take this time to thank our front office for getting something done well. I know they signed McNabb in the first place... but to get anything for these two players is a credit to the progress we have made in the last two years. I like Bruce, I cheer for him too.

We got a couple future draft picks for two worthless players. A fifth and sixth to continue the rebuilding project that is... Your Washington Redskins.

Championship.

:claps:

The truth is that no one knows these players like the fans and media that watch them every day.

I remember Philly fans saying McNabb was past his prime at the time of the trade here.

The Redskins didn't believe it.

After watching McNabb and Haynesworth here we could see that both of these players were on the back end of their careers or done completely.

But hope sprang eternal in Minny and NE.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

No chance he is a Texan. Remember Kubiak has a history with the Mike Shanahan. I don't see Gary Kubiak wanting to bring McNabb in.

No chance he is a Texan. Remember Kubiak has a history with the Mike Shanahan. I don't see Gary Kubiak wanting to bring McNabb in.

They are a desperate team, and looking for something completely different than Shanahan. They're looking for a temporary fill-in or possibly a backup, neither of which was Shanahan's goal for McNabb

McNabb is a Chicago native.

He cleared waivers. No one wants him.

I have a lot of respect for DMc5 and what he accomplished in Philly. It's time to retire and enjoy a spot in the broadcast booth.

Vet Min no incentives?

I find it real funny how when he asked which teams were a possibility, he said all 31 teams. Not just because it shows his desperation, but also implies he believes it's actually possible for him to return to the Skins :laugh:
This is so poetic justice, after the verbal shot he took at the Skins, when he signed with Minny. He said, "It's good to be on an actual good team for a change"

I remember being a distinct minority when I said Mcrapp was not only done but that he was a system guy who needed to be schemed around. The guy had one great season and a couple solid ones surrounded by a lot of mediocrity, the thing is, he had a couple great games against us so we overvalued him. He was extremely overrated his entire career. Shanny saw a somewhat mobile strong armed guy but he overestimated his own ability to schem around Mcnabb. Mcnabb on a surface level looked like an elway type qb in reality? nowhere near.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.