• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Stock Report

Youth is served. Read it here.

Man, after a promising start, I really am disappointed with Laron Landry's drop off in production since last season. It started last season with missed tackles and bad angles and has progressed this year. At this point, I think we are more effective with Kareem Moore.

Moore is a more natural FS than Landry even though Landry played the position in college. They might be better served to play Landry at SS, Moore at FS and bring in Doughty for the cobra package.

Moore is a more natural FS than Landry even though Landry played the position in college. They might be better served to play Landry at SS, Moore at FS and bring in Doughty for the cobra package.
I agree with that, especially the part about moving Landry to SS. He's not making any plays at FS so try him elsewhere. Maybe moving him closer to the line will create some big plays and turnovers. He couldn't possibly do less at SS than he has at FS.

Bring in a decent, starting FS (sorry, Moore is a ok spot guy and ST but starter.....no) in FA; move Landry to SS and rotate Landry with Doughty and Horton.....

or trade one of them

Bring in a decent, starting FS (sorry, Moore is a ok spot guy and ST but starter.....no) in FA; move Landry to SS and rotate Landry with Doughty and Horton.....

or trade one of them

Mays from USC with our 1st round selection? :paranoid:

or trade one of them

Just curious, but what are you basing this opinion on? He hasn't gotten a chance to start yet, and is still developing. The jury is definitely still out on him, IMO.

Just curious, but what are you basing this opinion on? He hasn't gotten a chance to start yet, and is still developing. The jury is definitely still out on him, IMO.

From what I've seen of him, he doesn't have the speed to cover the field like they ask Landry or had asked Taylor to do. Which is why Landry is almost always out there when we run with one deep safety.

Now if we run a 2 deep/cover two scheme or if we run Cobra package he'll probably be fine. But that depends on who will be our next DC will be.

But he'll also need to improve on preventing guys getting behind him. The only deep pass that Orton missed (I believe it was to Royal) Moore had been beaten by about 5 yards.....something a safety can never do.

so we really thought that levi jones could walk in off the street and stop someone like trent cole by himself? i think it might be the people's brain activity who thought that was a possibility that is going down and not levi's abilities.

yet haynesworth who has missed 2 games (very important divisional games) has stock that is going up?

color me confused.

I may be wrong, but I thought Cole was victimizing Heyer most of the day. And Cole victimizes a lot of OTs, so its not necessarily a *terrible* thing if he victimized Jones OR Heyer.

so we really thought that levi jones could walk in off the street and stop someone like trent cole by himself? i think it might be the people's brain activity who thought that was a possibility that is going down and not levi's abilities.

yet haynesworth who has missed 2 games (very important divisional games) has stock that is going up?

color me confused.

I think you bring up a valid point here, Mike, the question-in this specific case, for example-then becomes does Jones do a better or worse job of stopping someone like Cole than Heyer would do? I sometimes wonder if we base our judgments on some assumed "standard" of play performance or do we base it on relative merits of what's available for the team to utilize.

As far as Haynesworth goes, even given the extra effort the Redskin defense has been putting forth lately, there seems to be a noticeable difference in the level of pressure the D is able to put on a QB with Big Al in as opposed to when he is not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.