• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

All we are sayyyyyyyyying, is give Zorn a chance

Sarge

All we are sayyyyyyyyying, is fire Zorn's ass now

Yeah we suck. Yeah, I hate "medium". But the team could have tanked on this guy a few weeks back and didn't. They've been playing like a semi-competitve team.

So, is Zorn learning? Or is the team just playing for themselves?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure that Zorn is learning.

While Zorn isn't calling plays any more, he should be setting the tone. Our play calling with a lead is awful. Also, the play calling in the red zone is awful.

They ran the ball 3 times from the 5-yard line, with a 7-point lead, and Campbell having close to a career game. That, to me, is simply inexcusable, and playing not to lose, instead of going for the throat. I'm still sick about it.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

They ran the ball 3 times from the 5-yard line, with a 7-point lead, and Campbell having close to a career game. That, to me, is simply inexcusable, and playing not to lose, instead of going for the throat. I'm still sick about it.

Yep. I noticed that too. But considering that the FG was ... supposedly ... a gimme I was overlooking it. When you, supposedly, KNOW you are going to be up by two scores and the other team is out of time outs. Playing to run the clock out isn't a terrible thing.

I probably would have tried a pass on third down though. Clock was going to stop either way at the two minute warning.

I was begging them not to throw, soooo many things can go wrong. Run it in if you can or have your professional kicker convert a virtual xp and for, all intents and purposes, ice the game.

Oops. I forgot we don't have a professional kicker.

Why would you not want them to throw? Campbell was having a great game, as was Fred Davis and Devin Thomas. Yes we were also having success running, but still...gotta step on their throat their.

Why would you not want them to throw? Campbell was having a great game, as was Fred Davis and Devin Thomas. Yes we were also having success running, but still...gotta step on their throat their.

You make the FG it's a moot point.

Tipped ball, interception, etc. The game was effectively over if Suisham makes a routine 23 yarder.

Could you imagine the uproar if Campbell threw a pass that was tipped at the line and intercepted?

Eh...I'd rather go down swinging than miss a 23-yard field goal.

I understand. I do.

To me, the near certainty of being up two scores with less than two minutes remaining in the game and N.O. having no timeouts left, the field goal was the way to go.

I will, however, never again use the term near certainty and Suisham in the same thought.

I'd rather not miss a 23-yard field goal too, but that's not the point. You are arguing as if we all knew Suisham was gonna miss that kick. You can't coach on the assumption that you can't make that 23-yarder. Like I said, I would have liked to have seen maybe one real shot at the end zone. Something high-percentage like a bootleg pass to Yoder or Sellers or something. If the Saints don't bite no big loss.

However, running down the clock and kicking a FG you are going to make 99.9% of the time to put your team up by two scores isn't that bad a decision.

That series is not on the coach. It's on the kicker.

Suisham miss a high-pressure kick with the game on the line? Naw, we've never seen that before. :)

Its not that I thought he'd miss it, but I'm not wild about putting it ALL on Suishy's shoulders. Show some confidence in the offense that had been moving the ball with relative ease all day. Run a play-action pass!

Suisham miss a high-pressure kick with the game on the line? Naw, we've never seen that before. :)

Its not that I thought he'd miss it, but I'm not wild about putting it ALL on Suishy's shoulders. Show some confidence in the offense that had been moving the ball with relative ease all day. Run a play-action pass!

It does annoy me to no end that the Skins didn't try a shot at the endzone at least once and were willing to settle for 10. Jason Campbell has legs.....use them.
I never understood why we get so ultra conservative in the Red Zone.

Bootleg him, then he has three options: 1. throw the ball, 2. make a play with his feet, 3 throw the ball away.
Where the hell is Todd Yoder? Use him. Nobody covers him in the end zone.

This Redskins team always does things or finds ways to lose......after two crazy events (Moore's fumble/TD, Barnes and the punt) who thought there was going to be something to cost us the game?

This game hurt. Real bad for me.

Also why oh why is it 3rd and 1 and Ganther and Rock have been running somewhat well (in particular Ganther running hard getting yards) and the Skins bring in Mason to run a STRETCH play that as usual is predictable and fails.

ARRGH!!!!!!!!!

Also why oh why is it 3rd and 1 and Ganther and Rock have been running somewhat well (in particular Ganther running hard getting yards) and the Skins bring in Mason to run a STRETCH play that as usual is predictable and fails.

If I had a dollar for every time we ran that same stretch play near the goal line and failed over the past five years....

So here's the deal. Zorn once said it took about two years to get the offense down and three to start going. Is he right? Are JC and some of the others finally getting the hang of things? And if this is indeed the case, should we pull a danny and jettison everything and start over?

They've played well these last few weeks against tough oponents.

Just sayin'

I am kinda wondering the same thing Sarge. My problem is that if I keep Zorn, that nearly means Vinny has to stay too.

What a conundrum to be in...:(

I don't have a problem with keeping Zorn if we bring in a real GM who says: "This team could succeed if somebody would just build an O-line for them and not trade all of picks for washed up players who will be gone in a year or two."

Zorn still has a lot of things to work on however.......

I am kinda wondering the same thing Sarge. My problem is that if I keep Zorn, that nearly means Vinny has to stay too.

What a conundrum to be in...:(

Damn, I never thought of that. Been nice knowin' ya Jim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.