• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Pierre Garçon: Welcome To DC!

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Finally, a true WR star hits DC.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7u3eVQ3EL4[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy is electric! Garcon gets work done.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng5VCtINFqw[/media]

he could turn out to be our #1 ..i never really looked at his highlights (woooow) great pick up !

Good quicks, pretty solid route-runner.

Great hands.

Aggressive open-field runner, good potential for YAC.

By all accounts, solid character.

It's a new day.

The pressing question is, will Hankerson sell #85, or will Garcon have his mojo ruined with a new number?

I am hoping he continues to improve, at the very least this will push hankerson.

Push Hankerson? More like mentors Hankerson.

We can only hope Hankerson fully recovers from his injury, and becomes as huge as Garçon.

McD5, not trying to rain on your parade, but Garcon has yet to prove he is better than a few of our past and a couple of current WR's. Moss has been far more successful than Pierre. Laverneas Coles was more successful than Pierre has yet to be.

Just last year Gaffney had a very similar statistical season, which was Garcon's best statistical season to date.

Don't get me wrong, I am pleased we signed him, much better than chasing V-Jax if you ask me. I just don't know how you can say he's so great when Garcon's best season was only marginally better than Gaffney last year.

I know he has tremendous potential and I believe he will succeed here, but I am not sure how you can say we finally have a true WR.

Last edited:
El, I've wathced him a ton. And he has two things we haven't had in a receiver here in a longgggg time:

1. Toughness. Not Santana Moss toughness. Anquan Boldin toughness.

2. He's always behind the corners for big plays. This guy takes it in for 6.

I just read some comments from Shanny praising him....not that I ever believe anything a coach says when complimenting his own players(as if he would say anything bad), but he threw out a good stat from last season:

In the entire season last year, our receivers caught the ball in the field of play, and then scored a TD only two times the entire year. Twice in sixteen games. That's unacceptable. Well that just changed immediately with Garçon coming on board.

His hands are incredible too. Look at those videos above, and honestly tell me we've seen better catches in the last ten years.

And as you know, stats have to be put into context. When you have Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark, and you are the young kid? Well it's understandable that you have to really fight for balls.

I love this guy. He's electric. He can break a game open quickly.

I always like Garcon as a player.

Did I think of him as a number one receiver, if honest no. Do I think he can be a number one. Yeah he has the ability, If he produces then all the better

My major concern is drops, as he seems to have had a lot of them. If he can curtail those I think we will be happy.

i think he will fit good with RGIII...i also hope Hankerson lives up to the draft pick and expectations ...

Please, no one take this as me putting these two on the same level. But it should be noted that our own HOF wide receiver, Charley Taylor, also dropped a lot of balls. We'll see if Pierre can make some of the unbelievable plays, and have the impact career Charley did. Which will easily negate the drops.

I, for one, hope so.

No conversation about WR should take place in a vacuum. Evaluating by numbers alone, without accounting for things like who was actually throwing him the ball, what his role was within the offense, how often his team was playing with a lead versus playing catch-up, etc., puts far too much of a premium on cold numbers.

One would hope that the teams' eval of guys like Garcon and Morgan would have more to do with studying actual coaches film, and interviews with former coaches, and worrying more about things like route-running, ability to read-adjust at the line and on the fly, adjust to a ball in flight, hands, balance, YAC, etc.

The Skins clearly like what they've seen in their study and evaluation, based on FAR more pertinent access/data than any of us here have access to. We get to see network broadcast TV coverage and study box scores. To not give professional evaluators at the very top of their profession the benefit of the doubt is kinda silly.

Unless they're named Cerrato of course. Which, happily, ours aren't.

Unless they're named Cerrato of course. Which, happily, ours aren't.

Amen brother! Remember when he drafted Kevin Barnes because of a hit he made in college were the RB threw up? It was a great hit but I think that is the only reason he drafted Barnes.

RG3 to Garcon.......and it's a touchdown.

Get used to hearing that all season. What a huge signing!

Hello!!!!

A "100 yards in the first quarter" bump.

Welcome to DC Pierre. And thank you Shanny for making the right choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.