• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Redskins May Go After Talib

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/11/redskins-may-try-to-out-bid-patriots-for-aqib-talib/

Time to roll the dice? I love this guy as a player. He took names in NE last season.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Unless he takes monopoly money, I'm not sure how we outbid anyone for a player of his caliber...

Who's their source... Jason LaConfora?

Believe it when I see it.

Yay Talib and Tanard Jackson in our backfield! Woo hoo!

Unless he takes monopoly money, I'm not sure how we outbid anyone for a player of his caliber...

He could take Josh Wilson's money for starters.

Or Moss's.......

Add that to a portion of the $8 million we just saved on Hall, factor in a reasonable price for past character concerns, and it may be possible.

Moss can't come back at 4.6 million as a third receiver at 34. It just isn't value for the Redskins. And 2013 is one season we can't be sentimental.

It won't happen. This looks like a typical Shanahan smokescreen. Their target could be the other NE corner, Kyle Arrington - he just happens to be from the DMV area.

#ReadingBetweenTheLines

This is the guy I want. I want him as badly as I wanted Garcon last year, and Julio Jones the year before that. I can't quickly recall the last time we had a CB this gifted. And we won't find one as good in our draft position.

Me too brother. Just not sure we can scrape together the money it'll take. Fingers crossed.

Is it too early to ask Superman to take a pay cut?

I'm only 'kind of' kidding. Seems like we could get some of these guys to agree to a 'we'll make it up to you down the road' wink/nod/handshake deal so that we aren't totally stuck in the mud this off-season?

Is it too early to ask Superman to take a pay cut?

I'm only 'kind of' kidding. Seems like we could get some of these guys to agree to a 'we'll make it up to you down the road' wink/nod/handshake deal so that we aren't totally stuck in the mud this off-season?

I know you're kidding but didn't they change the rules making it impossible to change rookie deals for the first 2 years?

I believe you're correct - but I'd have to check...

We have some options to afford him. Restructures, of course. Parting ways with Fred Davis or Josh Wilson could also free up some cash. The amazing thing is really where we sit this second...and the opportunity we have. He's young. We can get him at a discount. And we don't even have to give up a draft pick. This is insane. When was the last time we actually signed a top talent
with that trio of things working in our favor?

If our FO believes in him, the timing could never be better.

I believe we are getting him and that it will happen within 24 hours.

Talib is not going to come cheap. He will likely command 6 million.

If we sign Talib, my only concern is that Mara and Goddell might try to hit us with another bogus fine for signing players in a year in which they tried to prevent us from doing so all together. :p

What a slap in the face that would be for Mara if Bruce, Dan, and Mike can find a way to bring in a corner better than any on the Giants roster after he tried to handcuff us. :nana:

HTTR24-7.com ‏@HTTR24_7
Some talk that the Patriots will get a chance to match offers for Talib. Wouldn't stress yet but a little concerning if true. #Redskins

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
RT @var78: Hey mr schefter any news Aqib Talib yet? ... When all is said and done, whenever that is, I believe he returns to New England.

Tired of Fa (And I say that as one who actually appreciates the conservatism in approach we have seen thus far)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.