• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins: No Ticket Price Increase for 7th Straight Season

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
January 13, 2012

WASHINGTON REDSKINS ANNOUNCE NO TICKET PRICE INCREASE FOR THE SEVENTH CONSECUTIVE SEASON

ASHBURN, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that general admission ticket prices for the 2012 season will be unchanged, remaining at the same price for the seventh consecutive year.

Since 1999, the team has increased general admission ticket prices only three times (prior to the 2000, 2002 and 2006 seasons), a rarity among U.S. professional sports franchises. General admission tickets currently range from $29 to $99. The team's season tickets have been sold out since 1966. Mailing of season ticket renewals is expected to begin in mid-January.

"We are sensitive to our loyal fans during these difficult economic times,” said Executive Vice President/General Manager Bruce Allen. “We look forward to a historic season and continuing to further enhance the fan experience at FedExField."

The Washington Redskins will be celebrating its 80th anniversary this upcoming 2012 season.

Greedy Dan Snyder! All he cares about is making a buck.

</sarcasm>

New food prices at FedEx...

Hotdog - $54.00
Soda - $51.00
Beer - $67.00
Bag of peanuts - $48.00
Pizza, one slice - $89.00
Pizza, full box - $408.00

Additional costs...

Bathroom stall - $131.00
Parking - Various, from $622.00 to $914.00 for each game.
Parking - Various, from $3,908.00 to $7,746.00 for entire season.
Tailgating Fee - 1-30 people, $12,017.00 for each game.
Tailgating Fee - 31-100 people, $19,509.00 for each game.
Tailgating Fee - 100 or more people, $26,004.00 for each game.

:biggrin2:

When and if we make the playoffs in the next year or two, all bets are off. If we end up with RG3 and he lights things up, you can bet there will be a big, fat increase next year. Heck, that's what I would do and I'm no Dan Snyder fan. I AM greedy though. ;)

Hotdog - $54.00
Soda - $51.00
Beer - $67.00
Bag of peanuts - $48.00

Additional costs...

Bathroom stall - $131.00

BB....that's CLASSIC!!! :rotflmao:

I think that's good. It would be better if they cut prices 10 percent every time they had a losing season. Let's be honest, there were a few games this year where fans deserved not only a refund, but a bonus for attending.

Hotdog - $54.00
Soda - $51.00
Beer - $67.00
Bag of peanuts - $48.00

Additional costs...

Bathroom stall - $131.00

That's an increase ?

Sounds like a price freeze to me :)

BB - you need to get your facts straight. There is NO charge for bathroom stalls at Fed Ex Field, that's ridiculous. Toilet paper, however, is $499 per roll.

You guys are killing me. In a good way :)

next year there will be ...do to all tha money were going to spend in free agency !

We love our fans, blah, blah. We recognize the poor economy is creating hardships, blah, blah, blah.

That's great.

Let's admit the truth. The team is scared to death of blackouts and empty seats as this team continues to lose fans.

Taking out those 10,000 seats last year was about creating a party deck?

Yeah, well where is it? Where are the plans for it?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

We love our fans, blah, blah. We recognize the poor economy is creating hardships, blah, blah, blah.

That's great.

Let's admit the truth. The team is scared to death of blackouts and empty seats as this team continues to lose fans.

Taking out those 10,000 seats last year was about creating a party deck?

Yeah, well where is it? Where are the plans for it?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device
We have a weiner, 'er winner.

With the advent of HDTV, stereo sound and everything else that makes the home experience so great (including no charge for TP - unless your wife is mad at you :(), I wonder how many owners in the NFL are worried about attendance?

With the advent of HDTV, stereo sound and everything else that makes the home experience so great (including no charge for TP - unless your wife is mad at you :(), I wonder how many owners in the NFL are worried about attendance?

This is where I am on the subject. I have a nice big screen TV, surround sound, no traffic to the game, weather inside is perfect, cost is low, amazing choices of things to eat/drink, and the TP is plentiful.

But there will always be enough fans who want to be there.

Edited to add - can't believe that the vendor prices thing was blogged. Ha! :)

They all need to be concerned, but, in the end, somebody will still get the money. The price of watching from home will steadily rise.

One way or another, fans ultimately pay for professional sports. They have a hand in all of our pockets.

Here's my number one reason (stupid ticket pricing aside) why I will not take my family to the Skins games:

Ugly side of 49ers’ big game
Letters to the editor, Jan. 17
I’ve lived in the Bay Area for 25 years but have remained a staunch Saints fan with close ties to New Orleans. My family still lives in New Orleans and has held our season tickets since 1967. I “get” the emotion of the game, the moment and the enthusiasm of the 49er fans.
Despite the extraordinary setting at the ’Stick, we were shocked by the hostility, vulgarity and intimidation that rained down on me and my two teenage daughters from the moment we stepped into the parking lots. Yes, we were proudly wearing our Saints colors; that’s what loyal fans do. And yes, we expected some good-natured jeering.

We had vulgarities screamed at us repeatedly in the parking lots and literally nonstop by the hooligans around us in the stands. While walking through the lots we had footballs thrown at us, guys screaming curses in our faces — my daughters asked if I had heard the guy who yelled “your mother’s a whore,” which I had, but couldn’t show a reaction for fear for my daughters’ and my own safety. We finally took to shadowing two cops that were strolling through the lots until we dashed for what we thought would be the relative sanity of the stadium.

The stadium was no better. Every other word from dozens of fans around us was an f-bomb shouted at the top of their lungs. There were seven or eight large 30- to 35-year-old guys directly behind us who cursed and threatened us the entire game. After one string of profanities I turned around to look at them and the most obnoxious and combative of the bunch yelled, “Do not turn around again! Do not ever turn around again” and punctuated it with a profanity. They used gay slurs repeatedly at the husband of a middle-aged couple in front of us, the only other Saints fan in our area, and called his wife a bitch.

One of my daughters asked me, “Why don’t you do something, Daddy?” Do what? Fight 10 guys, call/text security when all those guys behind me would know who would have fingered them?
Leave early? We almost did.

The hostility and threats of violence were a constant throughout our experience. It appeared to be ingrained in the fans’ culture, similar to the hooliganism that destroyed the reputation of English soccer. The long wait for the playoffs, the excitement of a big game? No excuse. I’ve been to big games in venues around the world and believe me, I’ve been a Saints fan my whole life so I certainly know about long playoff waits. The Vikings fans in the tailgate parties before the NFC championship game were eating crayfish and dancing along with the Saints fans — they weren’t threatened, they were having a great time.

Every 49ers fan, the team and it’s owners should be ashamed and embarrassed to wear the red and gold today. They won the game but are losers in every other way.

Don Moses, Mill Valley

http://blog.sfgate.com/opinionshop/

I've shared my NFL road experiences before. That's par for the course. Honestly, it's not much better at Redskins games. The only difference being, you watch other teams fans get harassed.

I'm not really sure why anyone would pay the money, sit in the traffic, and suffer the idiots these days. I *get* the excitement of being there, but for me, watching games from the comfort of my couch on the big screen is the more attractive option.

A shame there are so many idiots that cheer for NFL teams. One of these days, it's going to get bad enough that the NFL gets serious about over-the-top fans, be it drunks, those screaming vulgarities at opposing fans, or threatening (or actually committing violence) but it'll probably take some more serious episodes for them to do anything about it.

i go to every close game there is in cali like san fran and oakland with that being said if i lived there in washington i'd be at every game no matter what record we had ..or price !

I'm not really sure why anyone would pay the money, sit in the traffic, and suffer the idiots these days. I *get* the excitement of being there, but for me, watching games from the comfort of my couch on the big screen is the more attractive option.

Boone, I've gone to almost every Skins game at FedEx since the place opened, mainly from the nice confines of the club level, so luckily I haven't seen a lot of what the Saints fan experienced in SF on Saturday. Maybe see a fight once every couple years nearby but that's about it.

The traffic really isn't too bad, provided you get there about an hour before the game and leave right after. The seating bowl arrangements are what I question. With the big screen that you mentioned, I don't see how anyone likes to sit high up in the upper deck (a big reason why they eliminated those 10K seats at FedEx last offseason). As for the lower deck, when JKC built the place he had the first row of seats sit high enough up so that the people in the lower bowl wouldn't have to stand like they did at RFK. But with Snyder's creation of the dream seats, that phenomena has returned to FedEx. I sat down low for the Pats game and I'm thinking that I'm paying $110 per seat so I can stand all game? I know, some people think that if you're a so-called "real" fan you shouls want to stand.......no thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.