• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Hail to the Redskins...

burgold

The Pro Bowler
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
I know many are openly hoping for losses at this point, but I am glad to see the progress against the Jets, Pats, and now Giants. It is good to see a team finally win the line of scrimmage and for two rookie linemen to shine.

So, Hail to Hurt and Smith. Hail to Perry and Kerrigan. Hail to the heart of a team that refuses to quit even when there's no reason to continue fighting. Heck, even hail to Kyle and Haslett for calling a good game.

I never root against America and I never root against the Redskins.

Glad for the victory and glad for the progress!

Last edited:
Nah, that's the "I'm gonna be pissed if someone trades up ahead of us to snag our QB" in April mantra:)

Isn't that the Occupy Loser Street mantra? ;)

Forgive him, he's a conservative. He isn't used to rooting for America or the Redskins :help:

Forgive him, he's a conservative. He isn't used to rooting for America or the Redskins :help:

I'm gonna save this thread and see how many "Hail to the Redskins" cheers get tossed around when we realize we ****ed ourselves with a meaningless win

Are you serious Sarge? Would you have had the coaching staff tell the youngin's to lay down and lose? We played better than they did, outcoached, outplayed them by a large margin.

I do not see the downside.

At all.

I understand the sentiment Sarge, but start your own thread if you wanna bitch about it instead of ruining burgold's please.

Are you serious Sarge? Would you have had the coaching staff tell the youngin's to lay down and lose? We played better than they did, outcoached, outplayed them by a large margin.

I do not see the downside.

At all.

Yup. Being serious for a moment. I can handle a GM wanting us to lose and I can kinda deal with a person who calls himself a fan rooting for his team to lose, but the moment a coach or a player want to lose they need to be booted from the team.

The team should never say die. Ever.

And seeing the pups step forward and play well and begin to earn a name for themselves is a GREAT thing.

I understand the sentiment Sarge, but start your own thread if you wanna bitch about it instead of ruining burgold's please.

Well, when it starts with "I know many are opening hoping for losses at this point", that to me left it open for the other side

But no problem

Secrest out

I know many are opening hoping for losses at this point, but I am glad to see the progress against the Jets, Pats, and now Giants. It is good to see a team finally win the line of scrimmage and for two rookie linemen to shine.

So, Hail to Hurt and Smith. Hail to Perry and Kerrigan. Hail to the heart of a team that refuses to quit even when there's no reason to continue fighting. Heck, even hail to Kyle and Haslett for calling a good game.

I never root against America and I never root against the Redskins.

Glad for the victory and glad for the progress!

It's always good to win. But as you said, I love the heart the team showed. Nothing to play for and you embarrass your division rival when they have everything to play for.

Yup. Being serious for a moment. I can handle a GM wanting us to lose and I can kinda deal with a person who calls himself a fan rooting for his team to lose, but the moment a coach or a player want to lose they need to be booted from the team.

The team should never say die. Ever.

And seeing the pups step forward and play well and begin to earn a name for themselves is a GREAT thing.

Yep. In the chat, some were saying that these late season victories mean nothing, and momentum can not be carried over season to season. I agree about momentum for the most part, but the fact that we are showing a late season surge, with the kids playing well, is much different than in past years. The rookies and young players are leading the charge (for the most part), and I think that WILL carry over next year.

Well, when it starts with "I know many are opening hoping for losses at this point", that to me left it open for the other side

But no problem

Secrest out

I should let it go, but it's a good thing that you were stung and self-identify with that comment. It was also a lousy typo on my part.

Your position is reasonable Sarge - I share the concern. I just think when someone wants to have a celebratory thread, they should be allowed to celebrate. That's all. It's not a big deal.

Losing vs. the Giants would certainly have given the Redskins breathing room in the draft order, especially considering the number of teams who would be drafting in the top 10 - 12 that won today. As I type, the Eagles are up by 21 and the Browns are leading the Cards by 10, so we may amazingly maintain our draft position come Monday morning.

Regardless, while I like many wanted the 'Skins to lose out, the fact of the matter is that this team likely isn't a team that will be drafting in the top five. Let's face it, we've played some of the better teams around the league pretty tight throughout the season, and outside of the Cardinals win, have won our other four games in pretty comfortable fashion.

While we still have a ways to go before we can talk playoffs, looking at it from the other end of the spectrum, we still have a ways to go before being put in the same category as the likes of the Colts, Rams, and Vikings.

I firmly believe that in sports, you are eventually rewarded for being really bad. We haven't quite mastered the art of winning, but also haven't quite mastered the art of being super bad either. In situations like this, it emphasizes even more the importance of smart drafting. If last year's draft is any indication, maybe we can have a bit more confidence as fans moving forward, even if it means finding an alternative to Robert Griffin.

It' just a good thing to see the young blood doing so well, and a draft that can be said to very successful. It was great to see Royster get some more touches. Looks like he's pretty well suited to running between the tackles, and a good complement to Helu's cutback, and outside speed.

Pretty excited to see what we have next season when we get some of the injured guys back.

Happy to shut up the vast majority of my Giants fan family for once, and my service manager, the smug bastard....

Agree Pete. My only complaint, and it's a small one, is that I'd like to see Paul get involved a little more. Frankly, I'd prefer he get Stallworth's reps, as I think it unlikely Donte is back next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.