• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Is Anyone Seriously Expecting a Win Today?

Go Deep

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
:anonymous:
I hate to be a downer before game time, but i see no way in hell that this game is going to be any different than last week. I expect Young, Johnson and Moss to have a field day, especially with Landry and Rogers out.

The Titans have beat the Giants(29-10), Eagles(37-19) and Cowboys(34-27). The point spread is the Redskins getting 7. I should go bet the house with these odds because i see us losing by atleast 2 TD's.

Last edited:
I'm putting up Christmas lights. An no, I don't exect them to win today, nor for the rest of the season

I always hope for a win, but after this game, I could be hoping for a better draft position.

In other words, we don't have a prayer.

If we show up at all, we can beat the Titans. But we only stay in this game if we accomplish 3 things. #1, McNabb has to have a solid game with no INTs, #2, Portis needs to be effective to the degree of at least forcing the Titans to respect the run threat, and #3, our offensive line has to provide some protection.

I picked the Redskins to win, only because I view this almost entirely from the perspective of it being a 'pride game'. We got drubbed and humiliated. I think the guys will play a good game for pride's sake alone.

Well, now that we are down to Clinton Portis and Keiland Williams as our only RB's for this game with Chad Simpson going down in warm ups, it looks less like a winnable game for us.

I pick Skins 20-13.

If we show up at all, we can beat the Titans. But we only stay in this game if we accomplish 3 things. #1, McNabb has to have a solid game with no INTs, #2, Portis needs to be effective to the degree of at least forcing the Titans to respect the run threat, and #3, our offensive line has to provide some protection.

I picked the Redskins to win, only because I view this almost entirely from the perspective of it being a 'pride game'. We got drubbed and humiliated. I think the guys will play a good game for pride's sake alone.

I think we pretty much followed my recipe for success - although how we managed to accomplish # 3 with all of our injuries is a mystery - and pulled out a tough, gritty win.

Big props to Shanahan and the rest of the coaching staff to keep this team's collective head in the game for the rest of the season despite a humiliating loss.

Yea, you called it Boone. That was a Hell OF A WIN! If there was ever a time to lay down and quit, today was it, but we really hung in there and played with a lot of heart.

Win, lose or draw, i have really enjoyed watching this team this year for the most part, outside the Eagles game.

Still, when i look at our wins, they have been by the skin of our teeth and our loses have been pretty decisive. I don't have any hopes for the playoffs, but if we can just come and compete every Sunday like we did today, i'll be happy.

I see a lot of things to look forward with this team. I think we're in good hands coaching wise and i like how Shanahan is giving some younger talented players a chance. I really like how he can plug just about anyone in at RB and still be productive. Shanahan's running game is every bit as good as Gibbs 1.0 and the counter trey imo.

I honestly had no idea what to expect. Not only have the Redskins been unpredictable(!) but this entire season has been filled with surprising results and thus far has been less than normally predictable.

What that means is I'm not l all surprised at the win. I wouldn't have been surprised by a loss either.

I like the win though.

I also take a bit of personal satisfaction in having predicted a major role for Graham Gano and field goals, however.

I take 'em wherever I can get 'em. LOL! :)

Very gutsy win today. With all the injuries we sustained just fielding a team was an accomplishment. Coming away with a win was pretty amazing. Anyone know the last time we beat an AFC team on the road? A couple years at least ...
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Well, they followed their recipe for success this season...keep it low scoring.

In all 5 of their wins they scored fewer than 20 points.

I can't say how impressed I am with the effort from the O line today. That patched together group put in one of the, if not the best performance of the season. I was actually amazed at how much time McNugget had in the pocket much of the day.

Once Torain is healthy, between him and Williams, we're not too bad off come next year in the running game. I said two weeks ago I didn't expect Portis to play more then 4 more games this season, and it looks like he'll miss more time, but I'm not as concerned as I was two weeks ago.

With all the missing bodies today, I have to say BRAVO ! for an inspired effort.

I didn't get to see the game, but this is a pleasant surprise. Glad to see some character from the entire team. On to the next game and Farvuh.

Well, what a surprise. I had an early(ish) night, and woke up refreshed and ready for the day. First task was to feed the dogs, then make cuppa's. Sit down, turn on laptop, open up the ESPN scores page, and WTF! We won?

Read the recap and play-by-play whilst drinking my coffee, with a replay of NY Jet v Houston playing in the background.

A new game day routine, and I feel so much better physically for it. Have only seen highlights - Young's long pass to Washington (when he got hurt), Gano's missed FG at the end of regulation, followed by the game winning FG.

The gut check game today almost makes up for last week. I'm pretty proud of the guys considering the interior line was gone, Portis was gone and we were on our third string RB.

Props to Heyer, (Never thought I'd say that). Much better guard than tackle

The gut check game today almost makes up for last week. I'm pretty proud of the guys considering the interior line was gone, Portis was gone and we were on our third string RB.

Pretty much sums it for me, Sarge.

I had no expectations for this game and was very pleasantly surprised.

After today, Will Montgomery should be our starting center the rest of this season,barring injury.

Casey Rabach has the smarts but not the body to be effective any longer.

Indeed. I know it is only one game, but I am now inclined to keep Heyer around past this year to serve as a G backup, and emergency T backup only, NOT the primary T backup. It is nice having guys who can move around and be flexible backups though.

After today, Will Montgomery should be our starting center the rest of this season,barring injury.

Casey Rabach has the smarts but not the body to be effective any longer.

Winner. Rabach's deterioration has been shocking this year. Monty looked great, give him the start the rest of the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.