• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Saying Goodbye to an old "friend"?

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
In all the ruckus going on in the Arab world caused by the Facebook/Twitter-driven "coup-flu" it appears that an old nemesis and universally acknowledged disreputable nutcase Muammar Qaddafi may be the next "victim". I've also heard that the British are about to sieze his assets, rumored to be close to £20 billion.

Seriously rooting for the Libyan protesters here, I gotta admit-couldn't happen to a more deserving fellow. LOL!

The arsehole dictators over there are dropping like flies. Could be an interesting summer.
munch.gif

so...is this also Bush's fault or is it a product of Obama's genious?

so...is this also Bush's fault or is it a product of Obama's genious?

Good ol' Muammar, I think, is the wrong nutcake in power in the wrong place at the wrong time. I can't bestow the credit for this to either Bush or Obama.

Reagan tried to put a misslie up his ass 25 years ago, so this is long overdue

Notice though which countries Obama decides to cheer on protestors

Iran - American enemy - nope

Egypt - American ally - yep

Libya - American enemy - nope

Might I add, American and Israeli enemy

Just saying

I think its funny that Khadafi/Qadaffi/Kuh-dah-fee is trying to blame bin laden for this somehow like he isnt the OG of terrorists in that area.

thats like me blaming my son for having a smart ass attitude.

Sounds like the normal Crazy Ka-Daffy everybody's come to know and love. :rolleyes: :puke:

Reagan tried to put a misslie up his ass 25 years ago, so this is long overdue

Notice though which countries Obama decides to cheer on protestors

Iran - American enemy - nope

Egypt - American ally - yep

Libya - American enemy - nope

Might I add, American and Israeli enemy

Just saying

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ation-prepares-sanctions-libya-officials-say/

Is it possible he was waiting until the American nationals were out of harm's way before making a statement?

No Henry, it's not. But it is possible that Obama hates America and is a homosexual communist who has no proof he was born in America.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

No Henry, it's not. But it is possible that Obama hates America and is a homosexual communist who has no proof he was born in America.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

And hates America! Oh wait, you said that already.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ation-prepares-sanctions-libya-officials-say/

Is it possible he was waiting until the American nationals were out of harm's way before making a statement?

Doubtful. He was all over the Egytian uprising almost as soon as it happened. No, the pattern here is he is formenting trouble in countries that are American allies and keeping a lid on things in countries that are Aerican enemies.

THis, on top of word from some of my buds in the know that say he's far, far over his head as far as international affairs

But hey, let's have another party!

Doubtful. He was all over the Egytian uprising almost as soon as it happened.

I don't remember it that way. I remember him having a deer-in-the-headlights reaction to Egypt.

No, the pattern here is he is formenting trouble in countries that are American allies and keeping a lid on things in countries that are Aerican enemies.

I don't see that either. His reaction has been fairly consistent. Wait a few days ... call for an end to violence ... be non-committal. Except with Libya, where he's taking a stronger stance for once, and it doesn't fit your pattern at all.

THis, on top of word from some of my buds in the know that say he's far, far over his head as far as international affairs

That I can see. He seems to be at a loss for how to handle any of this much of the time.

But plotting against our friends and helping our enemies? I don't see that. You're giving him too much credit.

You do know there was another uprising in Iran since Egypt, right? WHat came out from Obama? Crickets.

There are also reports that some of his old Weather Underground buds were in Egypt stirring the pot before the uprising, as well as reporst that he sent one of his minions totalk to the Muslim Brotherhood peeps before it all started as well.

We already know he has no use for Israel. And he probably harbors some ancestoral grudge against England. Now he's siding up the governments of traditional enemies (Remember the "outstreatched hand" he offered Iran?) while helping to bring down pro American regiemes.

ANd I wold hardly call running to the mythical "international community" for help in Libya a response

You do know there was another uprising in Iran since Egypt, right? WHat came out from Obama? Crickets.

As with the first Iranian series of protests, the US doesn't want to give the Iranian government an excuse for calling it a US-backed movement. My guess is that if the Iranian government starts to fall, as it did with Egypt, Obama's tone would change there, just as it did with Egypt.

There are also reports that some of his old Weather Underground buds were in Egypt stirring the pot before the uprising, as well as reporst that he sent one of his minions totalk to the Muslim Brotherhood peeps before it all started as well.

We already know he has no use for Israel. And he probably harbors some ancestoral grudge against England. Now he's siding up the governments of traditional enemies (Remember the "outstreatched hand" he offered Iran?) while helping to bring down pro American regiemes.

Yeah, I saw that on Glenn Beck too. So on the one hand Obama's in far far over his head but on the other he's toppling friendly governments with a few minions? Any more spaghetti you want to throw at the wall?

ANd I wold hardly call running to the mythical "international community" for help in Libya a response

You said he wasn't 'cheering on' protesters in Libya. That's not true.

Now maybe sanctions will not be effective (although sanctions were only referred to as the first step) but we're just talking about 'cheering' at this point. Were you referring to stronger measures in your post, such as sending in the marines or something?

Last edited:
Obama is just a politician. The guy hasn't taken a risk since he decided to go with cufflinks over buttons.

Crediting him with malicious intent is giving him too much credit. He's not capable of hatching a master plan.

He's simply chosing sides once the winner is obvious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.