• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

We are on the clock again!

Solitary Man

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
We traded back into the first round.

I am afraid to see what we gave up for this but I'm sure they felt it was necessary

Ok Kevin Sheehan. You can smile again.

Montez Sweat!

I was more in favor of taking Brian Burns at 15. Don't know if the risk is legit or not, but Montez was slated to go much earlier. This is another risk on a player with some uncertainty about his health. This is essentially our 2nd round pick this year and he's worth that. We'll see how he. pans out for the 2nd round pick in next year's draft pans out.

I was more in favor of taking Brian Burns at 15. Don't know if the risk is legit or not, but Montez was slated to go much earlier. This is another risk on a player with some uncertainty about his health. This is essentially our 2nd round pick this year and he's worth that. We'll see how he. pans out for the 2nd round pick in next year's draft pans out.

He will be fine. 2nd year in a row we've stolen a first round talent. And we didn't luck into it - we aggressively went up and snatched him right from under Oakland's nose.

This has been an incredible start. And I'm betting we package picks and move back into round 2.

This year and next year's 2nd Rounders.

If this defense is not Top 5 this year, Manusky should be gone.

Rappoport just said he was misdiagnosed with the heart condition. This is a gutsy move.
Many will believe it is the right one. Even for the two seconds.

Rappoport also said that the Raiders confirmed that they were going to take Sweat.

Washington Redskins: Montez Sweat, DE/OLB, Mississippi State A+ Grade

I thought the Redskins would trade two second-round picks to move up to this spot for a receiver. They just drafted a quarterback, yet have nothing at wideout. That would've made more sense as far as the position is concerned. However, Montez Sweat is a far better player than any receiver on the board. The Redskins lost Preston Smith in free agency, so they needed a potent edge rusher. Sweat is even more than that. Had it not been for a potentially misdiagnosed heart condition, Sweat would've been a top-10 selection in this class. Given the misdiagnosis, there doesn't appear to be any concern with Sweat, making this an absolute steal. Despite the Redskins trading a 2020 second-round choice, this is one of the best picks of the 2019 NFL Draft thus far.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades1.php#bmxAiLZ7XdvWZY67.99

Rappoport just said he was misdiagnosed with the heart condition. This is a gutsy move.
Many will believe it is the right one. Even for the two seconds.

I keep hearing we gave up 'two seconds' - but we didn't right? We swapped a 2nd for a 1st and added next year's 2nd. I'm right on that, correct? Just a pet peeve of mine. Yeah - we gave up 'two seconds' but we got a first for one of them, so that hardly counts in terms of what we 'gave up'.

Just watched Sweat on DC sports live, via phone. I am even more excited about the pick now.

I keep hearing we gave up 'two seconds' - but we didn't right? We swapped a 2nd for a 1st and added next year's 2nd. I'm right on that, correct? Just a pet peeve of mine. Yeah - we gave up 'two seconds' but we got a first for one of them, so that hardly counts in terms of what we 'gave up'.

You are correct, we swapped their first for our second this year, and our second next year...2 2nds for a first.

It would appear we got the better end of this deal. Usually you have to give up a first the following year. So right now depending on where we finish this could be highway robbery

This year and next year's 2nd Rounders.

If this defense is not Top 5 this year, Manusky should be gone.

Agree...but don't forget the secondary still needs some more work. We need LBs who can cover TEs in the short game.

One of the things I wanted out of this draft was one of the top edge rushers to go up front and they pulled it off.

Hope Friday night brings us either a TE or WR and a fix at LG.

It would appear we got the better end of this deal. Usually you have to give up a first the following year. So right now depending on where we finish this could be highway robbery

I like the pick. Other than QB, I don't know what the pundits are saying aboiut talent in next years draft. If it's deep, the Colts are makin out.

This year a record 180+ underclassmen declared for the draft - it's why teams are trading down for extra 2nd and 3rd round picks. Strategy the Pats have practiced for years. We need to hit big with our two 3rd rounders. The JD first round pick is really starting to hurt - very little value so far. We shouldn't be sitting with a receiving game that is among the weakest in the NFL. Who is our new, immobile (i.e., fewer variables for defensive coordinators to plan for) QB going to be passing to?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.