• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Picket Line at Snyder's House?

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
In light of the Redskins' current woes, I had a friend ask me a question,"As fans, what options do we have?" I told him that I feel like the only chance we have to make a statement is to stop spending money on them. Don't buy merchandise, concessions or any other goods. I feel the only recourse we have is if his bottom line is affected.

He came up with the idea of picketing outside of Snyder's house. I am not sure I support this idea because it would not last for long since Potomac, MD would almost assuredly not stand for it. But if we were able to get a little media coverage, say on Monday Night before the game, do you guys think it would be worth it?

Do you guys have any other ideas that could get some serious media coverage for the upcoming Monday Night game? Some way to get the guys at ESPN to take notice?

This is an interesting idea but I doubt we'd be able to stay there long enough for the media to arrive, even if they were tipped off ahead of time and rode with the organizers. I'm pretty sure Lord Farquaad probably has Police or private security stationed at critical points, as much for his personal safety as to block any demonstrations like this.

As a result, they'd probably stop something like this from happening before anyone was even able to get out of their vehicles. I'd certainly love to see some of the other things that have been suggested like renting a billboard, anti-Snyder chants in the stadium and wearing anti-Snyder gear to games.

I also came up with another idea recently when pondering whether I really wanted to put out the time and effort to attend our shellacking, 'er game against the Falcons. Since our Little Lord Lilliput won't allow signs and posters at Fedex, how about we take it on the road? I'm suggesting we all go to out of town Skins games with anti-Snyder signs, shirts, posters etc. and then start the "Snyder Sucks" or "Sell the Team Dan!!" chant up as loudly as possible at the away stadiums.

I don't think other owners would be willing to do Snyder's bidding and stop signs and other anti-Snyder swag from being brought into their stadiums. But even if turns out they are willing to prevent it, that would just make it a bigger news story than it already is. Plus they can't stop the chants no matter what.

The goal of this tactic is to make games, home and away, a constant pressure cooker of embarrassment for him. I'm sure we've got the fanbase around the country to pull it off. So, let's keep the heat on even when he's on the road. I don't want him to have a moment's peace at home or away games as long as he's destroying our team!!
13.gif

Last edited:
Here is my idea

I want to make sure that the current owner (I will no longer say his name) feels harrased all around the DC area and understands exactly how much the fan base hates him

If you google map Redskins Park, you'll see what I am talking about

It is also political season in Virginia. There are big ass "vote for this guy for governor" signs everywhere

The plan. Create and purchase VERY LARGE signs with 3 simple words "Sell the Team"

I am talking something like this

[media]http://www.signelect.com/images/DSCN0484.JPG[/media]

HUGE.

The plan is to put them two on the corner of Route 7 and Panaorama and 2 more on Waxpool and Panorama.

Then one immediately across from Redskins Park Dr

All up and down the road smaller signs, probably 100 that say "Sell the team"

Bright white background, bright red letters.

The plan would be to put these up DURING the Monday night game, when in theory Redskins Park would be virtually empty as the organization would be at FedEx Field (which is 52 miles away)

When the owner shows up the next morning, along with the media, to fire the coach and have a press conference, EVERYONE will see these signs everywhere

Thoughts?

Someone needs to find out where private property ends at Redskins Park and where public property begins. I believe the sanitation depatment and courthouse keep those records. Do the sign thing right over the property line at Redskins Park

Call your friends

Call the media

Thoughts?

Wouldn't it be easier to hire a plane pulling a banner with sell the team. I'd surely chip in for that.

You could run into problems with signs, as many places have restrictions, and sometimes permitting required. You could wind up in a bit of trouble, looking at fines.

Last I checked, the air space around Fed-X field and Redskins park isn't restricted..........

Wouldn't it be easier to hire a plane pulling a banner with sell the team. I'd surely chip in for that.

You could run into problems with signs, as many places have restrictions, and sometimes permitting required. You could wind up in a bit of trouble, looking at fines.

Last I checked, the air space around Fed-X field and Redskins park isn't restricted..........

The Bengals fans at "Who Dey Revolution" did just that during training camp....
http://www.whodeyrevolution.com/who...yhem-task-9-flight-3-101-187-1-hire-a-gm.html

This pic alone is fitting for the Redskins (at at least the last part)
19.jpg

Someone needs to find out where private property ends at Redskins Park and where public property begins. I believe the sanitation depatment and courthouse keep those records. Do the sign thing right over the property line at Redskins Park

Call your friends

Call the media

Essentially right up till Redskins Road

Panorama/Loudon County Pkrway is public property

A) The airspace is restricted. Another fan looked into this at FedEx field

B) Nobody will know who did it. There are tons of political signs out there anyway, and the point is to have them last long enough until the media arrives

If they get taken down after that so be it, as long as the cameras see them

Sarge, you need to call one of your Air Force buddies at Andrews and get them to do it. :)

B) Nobody will know who did it. There are tons of political signs out there anyway, and the point is to have them last long enough until the media arrives

If they get taken down after that so be it, as long as the cameras see them

Fair enough..........

Sarge, you need to call one of your Air Force buddies at Andrews and get them to do it. :)

Better yet, I work at the FAA now.I'll do some checking. It ain't gonna happen this weekend, if ever, but I'll see what needs to be done to get a VFR aircraft into the airspace.

I'm up for a few bucks towards it if it can be done

Four guys, down front, with shirts that say "Danny" "Sell" "the" "Team"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.