• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Here is a little something from recent guest mocker, Mark Tyler. He, along with myself and many others, have watched the film of how Clinton-Dix began to adapt. HHCD likely re-signs and having him paired with Collins should produce a solid safety tandem for many years to come.

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

That's awesome news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn good influence for Guice at minimum.

I can honestly say, Burner, that your posts keep me coming back daily. For my part, please continue your efforts, as they bring me a lot of knowledge and enjoyment for our team. The site would be significantly the worse, in my opinion, without them.

Piggy backing on this BB....it's what Shi said

Thanks, brother.

Ok, everyone. Three minutes to go until FA. Strap in tight. More news coming before the day ends.

Here is a little something from recent guest mocker, Mark Tyler. He, along with myself and many others, have watched the film of how Clinton-Dix began to adapt. HHCD likely re-signs and having him paired with Collins should produce a solid safety tandem for many years to come.

Yeah - I honestly don't think it's that complicated. We heard a lot of the same stuff about Morgan Moses (although I realize he was a rook not a vet) and also Trent Murphy for awhile. Suspect we may see Ryan Anderson take major leaps this year after a lot of fans have written him off. Football is hard and some guys take longer to figure out a new scheme/team than others.

This is where I'm at right now. I'll continue with the off-season blog and there will be disagreements and agreements - I welcome that interaction. I'm done with the "everything sucks" discussions and the lengthy dissertations that follow.

BB, your post on here regarding player movement, drafting speculation, and talent evaluation are second to none. I agree with what others have said that your post are the reason we keep coming to the site in the offseason. I always enjoy checking to see what the inside scoop is, who the team is talking to, and what are the latest moves. Your posts normally give that information better than anyone. I love the mock drafts because it gives us an idea of who the team could take and what types of players are available at different stages of the draft.

Also, I like the fact that you are honest in your assessments, but not demeaning. Whether a move is good or bad, you normally point out why you believe that. There are too many people on other sites who act like they should be the GM and they know better than the people who actually have that responsibility. And yes, we know the Redskins front office sucks, but there are people out there that think even the few right moves they make are wrong just because they know better than everyone. You normally have a good sense of what is good and what is bad and and it's always much appreciated.

To everyone else not named Burgundy Burner reading this, this is meant to be an encouragement for him. It's not meant to demean or put down anyone else on this site. I love this community and all the opinions I read. There is not a person on here I haven't agreed with from time to time. And there have been times I've disagreed with everyone on here. That's what makes this group so fun. I even miss some of the more vocal members who used to be here. This community is so great and all of the people who post make it so.

Thanks so much, Kel.

What happens with the off-season is very extensive and very detailed. The in-season is simply straight forward and almost routine. I like working the contacts, making the calls, and doing the research for everyone when the off-season arrives. Thanks again.

Ok, time to move on...

The Bears are hosting HHCD tonight and tomorrow. We'll see what happens, but for those who want him to stay with the Skins, don't sweat it.

Al, after examining the core details of the contract for Collins, I have come to the same conclusion as the local Redskins media and football media across the league: it is a superb contract and Eric Shaffer has been universally praised as a mastermind in making such a deal.

The contract is out there for everyone to see. It has been out there for two days at OTC and Spotrac.

Talent is undeniable. You might be alone in your thinking of Collins as a player, but you are entitled to that opinion.

As for all-star bowl games, combines, pro days, private workouts, etc. - further evals on players provides teams with additional insight to any prospect. Really can't believe that anyone needs such an explanation, but that's fine.

As for mocks, predictions, etc. - I can stop that practice altogether in here. If that is the feeling of everyone, then I will cease to bring guests to do mocks and I will discontinue the practice as well. During the winter, I typically rise before dawn on Saturdays and spend all or most of the day doing evals - watching vids, examining scouting reports, reading any and all relevant material, talk on the phone or on skype with various Redskins pundits, and try to DM prospects if at all possible. Why? To make key prospects known to everyone at BGO - nothing more, nothing less.

I do my best to cultivate relationships with key members of the media and the vast array of pundits out there, including some that I do not like? Why? To provide info for the masses at BGO. It's that simple.

I don't mind the time put into all of this - not at all. I thrive when working long days and when it serves a practical purpose. That's just me. When others benefit from all of the research that is done, then my work is not in vain. Your flippant attitude toward the team is fine - there are many times when I feel the same way. Fully understood, brother. Having a flippant disregard toward me is fine as well. That is better than taking it out on other members here.

I disseminate info for everyone here. I'm happy to do it, but only to a point. You come at me each year whether it be directly or indirectly and I'm at my wit's end. Imagine being the teacher in a class where twenty-nine students are willing to discuss the lesson plan of the day and have a healthy debate about it, but one student is off to the side and says "everything sucks". It affects the class and the teacher.

This is where I'm at right now. I'll continue with the off-season blog and there will be disagreements and agreements - I welcome that interaction. I'm done with the "everything sucks" discussions and the lengthy dissertations that follow.

BB...I was making a point about analysis. It's precisely what you do - and it's not based on random guesswork. The whole point was to highlight that you are methodical - that it's not random guesswork. So calm down - everything you do is appreciated and valued. I made a point using "reverse psychology" that was intended to highlight that when it comes to application probability and risk is how we go about looking at these things - not randomness.

I will return serve: I'm growing weary of the "everything sucks" rejoinder. It's frankly false. There are posts that are positve and there are posts that are negative. My mission in life is not to be a cheerleader but to call things as I see em. And if the Skins create a context/history, as they have since the 1990s, that warrants a critical thought process, so be it.

What you do requires time and effort. That is recognized. It has value to the community. I'm not challenging your contributions or under-valuing the quality of product or voluntary commitment of personal time. But I will call it as I see em when it comes to the Skins. Folks can agree or disagree - it's a free country...at least until.......

Have a great week BB! Keep hope alive!

I'm done.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019

Are there any big splash WR even available? I see some guys who were good about 7 years ago that are available. Otherwise, it looks like a bunch of guys that would be modest upgrades at best. I could see them signing one or two of those guys, but that wouldn't be a big splash.

So it must be a trade of some sort they are looking at.

Might have been Finlay on twitter hinting it was possibly an "AJ".

Might have been Finlay on twitter hinting it was possibly an "AJ".

I saw that too, but would rather have John Ross if we're going to trade for a Cincinnati WR. AJ Green's best days are behind him.

Agree. But wasn't Ross already traded? Or was it just chatter before the start of FA?

I saw that too, but would rather have John Ross if we're going to trade for a Cincinnati WR. AJ Green's best days are behind him.

I'd prefer we go young. But there's zero evidence AJ is on the decline (at least so far). In a full season he's pretty much guaranteed to get 90+ catches for 1000 yds every year (even now). Injury last year is something to be considered but he's likely got another 3-4 seasons of being a dominant WR left in him. Would come down to what we'd have to give for him.

AJ Green is almost 34.

Where does he fit in here?

If the Redskins were one player away from contender status you might roll the dice but he's not a good option for us.

I'd prefer we go young. But there's zero evidence AJ is on the decline (at least so far). In a full season he's pretty much guaranteed to get 90+ catches for 1000 yds every year (even now). Injury last year is something to be considered but he's likely got another 3-4 seasons of being a dominant WR left in him. Would come down to what we'd have to give for him.

OK, AJ Green only had more than 90 catches in 2 seasons, his 2nd and 3rd season in the NFL. He has not caught more than 75 passes in the last 5 years. 2 of the past 3 seasons he has had season ending injuries, missing 7 and 6 games in those seasons respectively.

You can talk him up all you want, but suggesting 90 catches in a season at 31 after having 2 season ending injuries in the past 3 seasons, is an absolute stretch. With all the injuries we've incurred over the past 2 season, you want to risk a trade for someone like Green? The better choice would be to take a reasonable trade for John Ross who had a solid season last year.

I'd rather have Golden Tate in FA than either of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.