• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Thoughts

Totally different kinds of music imho. I don't think there's any question which band was more popular... but as to better?

On a side note, am I the only one who watched 'Bohemian Rhapsody' and felt 'meh' about it? First of all, they overdid the teeth on whoever the lead actor was. I felt like I was watching 'Matt Dillon' in 'There's Something About Mary' (the bigger the better!). It was really distracting to me. Secondly, I had Freddie Mercury in my mind as a badass rebel who didn't give a shit what anyone thought about him. But they made him out to be a whiny wuss in the movie. I really wasn't impressed but I guess I'm the only one.

This weird dude played Mercury, he's pretty teethy as well.
USATSI Rami Malek on Graham Norton.jpg

My beloved Samsung notebook recently died. I like the idea of a true tablet, or a combo laptop/tablet, but none of them I looked at really had the capabilities I need and were more suitable for recreation/web browsing. Found a great option in the Microsoft Surface 2. It's amazing how far things have come since the last time I bought a computer. Voice commands out of the box for setup. Fully integrated with other devices and social media (if you want it to be), fast, great audio, super easy email setup, face recognition log-in. It's a pretty sweet notebook. Great keyboard and beautiful design. Audio is a huge improvement from my previous notebook. I'm very happy with it.

Boone, I have a Surface 3 and the only time it shuts down is when it gets too hot. I had it with me, in the car, when we had a 40+ degree (celsius) day, and it kept shutting down, but it was hot inside and out.

Before my laptop, I had it set up on my desktop and was using it as an every day pc, but I did find it was short on peripheral outlets. I had a keyboard and it was connected via bluetooth, and it was connected to a 40 inch 'monitor' (actually a TV) but I had to buy a special adapter.

I take it with me when I do photo shoots as it is easier to carry than my laptop (lighter) but does the same as I would ask the laptop to do when 'on the job'.

Anyone here ever own a Tundra? Considering one at the moment

I have a Tacoma which I love but have no experience with a Tundra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone here ever own a Tundra? Considering one at the moment

They have Toyotas 5.7 engine and it is a workhorse. I owned a Lexus GX 470 with the 4.7 and put 70k on it in just under 2 years with absolutely 0 problems, sold it for almost as much as I bought it with 230k miles on it, and wish I still had it! It was running strong when I sold it, but didn't want to invest in the little things that were adding up.

Then I went out and got a Lexus sedan, the GS 350. Great car, but I hate cars...I want another SUV.

Anyway, I never thought I'd own a Toyota product, but the Lexus GX was th best vehicle I have ever owned, by far. I have loved every Ford I've ever owned, but that Lexus was a great vehicle.

My buddy in South Florida had a Tundra with the the first year they put the 5.7 in it and was extremely pleased with it.

What's wrong with the Ram? You only bought it 3 years ago, right?

I have a Tacoma which I love but have no experience with a Tundra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Tacoma is the best looking small truck by a mile. Honestly we're pretty much down to the Tundra or Tacoma. Mostly depending on what type of fishing boat to get and how best to haul it.

They have Toyotas 5.7 engine and it is a workhorse. I owned a Lexus GX 470 with the 4.7 and put 70k on it in just under 2 years with absolutely 0 problems, sold it for almost as much as I bought it with 230k miles on it, and wish I still had it! It was running strong when I sold it, but didn't want to invest in the little things that were adding up.

Then I went out and got a Lexus sedan, the GS 350. Great car, but I hate cars...I want another SUV.

Anyway, I never thought I'd own a Toyota product, but the Lexus GX was th best vehicle I have ever owned, by far. I have loved every Ford I've ever owned, but that Lexus was a great vehicle.

My buddy in South Florida had a Tundra with the the first year they put the 5.7 in it and was extremely pleased with it.

What's wrong with the Ram? You only bought it 3 years ago, right?

The 1500 is a good truck, but Toyota's seem to last twice as long as most other brands & we got the big horn in 2015. Price wise, up here at least favor Toyota's as well. Honestly just starting to appreciate what they offer, combined with longevity it's an appealing line of vehicles.

If you're thinking of an suv would a 4-Runner or Sequoia suit your needs?

The 1500 is a good truck, but Toyota's seem to last twice as long as most other brands & we got the big horn in 2015. Price wise, up here at least favor Toyota's as well. Honestly just starting to appreciate what they offer, combined with longevity it's an appealing line of vehicles.

If you're thinking of an suv would a 4-Runner or Sequoia suit your needs?

I will go with another Lexus. It helps in my line of business to have a luxury vehicle. When a real estate agent sees me drive up in my Lexus, they feel confident they hired the right guy. It shouldn't matter, but it does.

Looked at getting my wife the Sequoia, she didn't like it. If I went with the Toyota line instead of Lexus it would be the Land Cruiser.

Let me also say, I get them used. I cannot afford a brand new Land Cruiser or Lexus GX...they're 75K.

My whole point is now that I've owned a Toyota product, for an every day driver I will not go back.

I also have a Ford excursion with the 7.3 Powerstroke in it, I like it just the same but could never drive it every day the way I do the Toyota. If it was long distance driving, sure...but I do too much stop and go. My wife drives the Excursion.

I will go with another Lexus. It helps in my line of business to have a luxury vehicle. When a real estate agent sees me drive up in my Lexus, they feel confident they hired the right guy. It shouldn't matter, but it does.

Looked at getting my wife the Sequoia, she didn't like it. If I went with the Toyota line instead of Lexus it would be the Land Cruiser.

Let me also say, I get them used. I cannot afford a brand new Land Cruiser or Lexus GX...they're 75K.

My whole point is now that I've owned a Toyota product, for an every day driver I will not go back.

I also have a Ford excursion with the 7.3 Powerstroke in it, I like it just the same but could never drive it every day the way I do the Toyota. If it was long distance driving, sure...but I do too much stop and go. My wife drives the Excursion.

No doubt very good & reliable line of vehicles. Could very well be in one within the year, maybe.

Sweet Jeebus what are you hauling with that thing? That beast could pull a house, lol

I have a friend who owns a Lexus - loves em. Another has a Lincoln Navigator and, I must admit, it's nice.

Japanese cars are just built to last. I have run with my German luxury cars for a long time (pay a bit much, but own/frive for 8-12 years to keep overall auto purchase costs down). Fun to drive. But, man o man, they are costly to maintain - unlike Japanese cars.

This is pure fantasy: against all common sense, I sure would love to purchase a 2-3 year old Porche Cayman (i..e, affordable like some of these high end trucks/luxury cars). Friend and I have talked about doing this, getting trained, and carefully racing on some tracks. Well, one can always dream!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think Japanese spare parts are cheap, try owning a Suzuki Grand Vitara! I own a 07 model and although relatively cheap to run, it is expensive to fix. Had to get the rocker cover gaskets replaced due to a massive oil leak, and that cost A$180, PER SIDE (I have the 2.7 V6). Even standard rear shockers were A$80 each. That was to purchase them; getting them fitted cost even more. Them, plus a standard service cost me nearly A$900. Just over A$1200 and I only owned it for a couple of months!

Well, the AAF has ceased operations before the playoffs started...not because of ratings, either. They were doing rather well in the ratings.

They failed because they could not come to an agreement with the NFL to have some of the lower tier players compete in the AAF, mostly practice squad and such. Apparently this little fact changed the complex of the league enough that their main money man backed out.
"
The league was succeeding in most aspects...wtf?

Well, the AAF has ceased operations before the playoffs started...not because of ratings, either. They were doing rather well in the ratings.

They failed because they could not come to an agreement with the NFL to have some of the lower tier players compete in the AAF, mostly practice squad and such. Apparently this little fact changed the complex of the league enough that their main money man backed out.
"
The league was succeeding in most aspects...wtf?
D

That is strange, wonder if the NFL got spooked with those ratings and put the kibosh on it?

On the good news side, Legends League starts up next week. Giggity

https://lflus.com/

I've been AWOL the last couple of days. My apologies.

I'll try to start playing catch up tomorrow, get BBQ updated, and post any Redskins news as needed.

Has anyone resided in or visited Michigan's upper peninsula? We're pretty dialed in to moving to that area next year and would welcome any feedback, positive or not.

So, figured I'd check in with all you fine people with a question: Starting a new job in September, and as the company is based in Maryland (just south of Balitmore) I will be heading there for a week of training, of which I will have a couple days to check the area out.

So the question becomes: where should I prioritize to visit, having never been to the area before? What restaurants would be "shouldn't miss" sites? Any input is appreciated. I just want to spend some good days there, and figure I might as well ask some experts in the area.

Thanks to anybody who responds. I don't know a specific date yet, just that it will be in September.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.