• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

The Vikings weren't healthy either.

Griffen was out. The RT was out. Dalvin Cook is out for the season.

Bradford and Bridgewater are hurt.

And we found a way to make ALL of those players' backups look great instead of exploiting them.

No excuse there.

Even with all 5 OL starters healthy enough to play, my question is how close to 100% are each of them ?
In other words, can we expect their play to improve as the year goes on, due to improved health ?

Well Scherff was in and out early on Sunday if I recall. We're still missing Long. Trent's knee won't be right till he gets surgery, and Moses was previously playing on two sprained ankles. I can't imagine at the moment we're anywhere close to 100% across the board.

Trent's not going to improve if he plays. Chances I guess are that Scherff and Moses might get back closer to healed. See what Long looks like when he comes back.

We also have to factor in here the fact that we're down 2 Tight Ends too, who often get used to bolster the O-line on some plays. Especially Niles Paul.

Have we picked up another rb yet? We have no one behind Perine anywhere on the roster. Considering our injury history...

If Chris Thompson is the last one standing I will be pisssed. PISSED I tell you.

The Vikings weren't healthy either.

Griffen was out. The RT was out. Dalvin Cook is out for the season.

Bradford and Bridgewater are hurt.

And we found a way to make ALL of those players' backups look great instead of exploiting them.

No excuse there.

All teams have injuries obviously. But there's no team in the NFL that's had the rash of major injuries we have to date in 2017. Bradford and Bridgewater? Okay - but Keenum is talented has been the starter all year - so that's not quite the same thing.

I actually felt like, even with obvious failures at key moments, the offense was mostly able to keep pace with the Vikings despite the injuries.

I'm not excusing the loss. We were in it and could've won if we'd finished a couple of key plays (Cousins!) or had the defense played a better game. But I'm not willing to dismiss the impact of massive injuries with a blanket 'every team has injuries'.

The Eagles lost their best offensive lineman Peters, best linebacker Hicks, Sproles, and their kicker for the season. They have been without their best corner Darby since week 1, and Ertz has missed as many games as Reed.

Just sayin'.

I think if I were motivated enough to laundry list team injuries the point would be made though. Lucky for you all, I'm far too lazy to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough. Lol

My thought was simply that if we lost Trent, Zach Brown, and Thompson for the year. Along with Norman for 8+ games we couldn't shrug it off and continue to do what the Eagles have done.

But I could be wrong. :no:

I think if I were motivated enough to laundry list team injuries the point would be made though. Lucky for you all, I'm far too lazy to do it.

Just for kicks I went looking to see if there was a comparative study out there for this season's injuries. Sadly, I have not found anything that is current but as of about a month ago the Skins were not even in the Top 5 most injured teams per this ESPN article. Granted, that may have changed since that point and I just can't find the information.

Which is not to say I don't agree with the injury issues this team has struggled with. I do.

The Eagles aren't on the list either although I'm not sure how they count injuries that happened before the season started and this was written before they lost Peters.

Just for kicks I went looking to see if there was a comparative study out there for this season's injuries. Sadly, I have not found anything that is current but as of about a month ago the Skins were not even in the Top 5 most injured teams per this ESPN article. Granted, that may have changed since that point and I just can't find the information.

Which is not to say I don't agree with the injury issues this team has struggled with. I do.

I think the other factor that has made it really tough is that so many of the injuries have been on offense...WRs, RBs, TEs, OL - decimated. How do you get chemistry (which was already a challenge giving departure of Jackson and Garçon) with a different cast in every single game?

Ultimately I agree that it's no excuse and that great teams figure out how to overcome. But it has been a major factor. I'll even go so far as to say that Gruden deserves some credit that we have still been competitive this season.

Oh - and let's not forget that the Redskins have had the toughest strength of schedule in the NFL through 9 games during this stretch of injuries.

Well, however improbable, we can still control our destiny for this season.

11-5 won't guarantee a post season appearance. But I'd like our chances.

Step 1: Shock the Saints!!!

There is a chance that Jonathan Allen will return, I think.

Only if we're headed to the post season, will Allen be considered.

I'd be signing guys off of practice squads until then. We already know what the guys on IR can do.

Looks like we signed a third-down back off of the Eagles PS. Just what we needed. Oy.

Yes, the spate of injuries has hurt. And no team IMO would be 8-1 with that laundry list.

BUT, a resilient and efficient passing game with Cousins, Pryor, Crowder, Doctson playing at a high clip would probably be enough to have this team at 6-3 or 5-4 instead of 4-5 and looking at 4-6 after the Saints game.

Pryor has contributed nothing.

Crowder started the season slowly and after catching 9 balls for 100 yards against Dallas slumped back this week to dropping a couple of key passes.

He has not turned out to be the third down ‘rock' we thought he might be.

Cousins meanwhile missed one TD last week in the end zone and threw a bad pick that gave the Vikings that extra 7 points that we ultimately could not overcome in an 8 point loss.

When healthy the OL and TEs are top shelf across the board but the WR and RB positions on this team are thin and need big talent/experience upgrades in the offseason.

I still wouldn't pay Cousins $120M with $95M guaranteed which is close to what is being bantered around in re a deal for Kirk for 2018.

I would rather ‘go fish' in the first round of a deep draft and look to bring in my own Wilson, Watson, Prescott, or Rodgers ( picked 24th in 2005).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.