• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Deadline.Com: Charlie Sheen Replaced By Aston Kutcher

Chris

Ring of Fame
BGO Ownership Group
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/ashton-kutcher-on-two-and-a-half-men/

DONE DEAL: Ashton Kutcher New Star Of 'Two & A Half Men' Replacing Charlie Sheen

By NIKKI FINKE AND NELLIE ANDREEVA |

UPDATE 6:30 PM: We've just received word that negotiations have concluded, marking That '70s Show co-star Ashton Kutcher's return to television after a brief movie career. He is replacing Charlie Sheen in Two And A Half Men. The deal made sense for series producer Warner Bros which already had an overall with Kutcher's Katalyst production banner. In fact, an hour later, Ashton announced he was joining the show by tweeting to his 6.7 million Twitter followers: "What's the square root of 6.25?"

Names like Woody Harrelson, Rob Lowe, John Stamos, and Jeremy Piven circulated in the blogosphere as possible replcements. But until this week, with Deadline's scoop that the show was in final negotiations with Hugh Grant, there had been nothing concrete going on with any specific actor. Co-creator and executive producer Chuck Lorre only wanted to continue the show "if he can find the right actor and get excited about that," sources told Deadline. What mattered most to Lorre was that Sheen's replacement be "somebody Chuck can work with" after butting heads with Charlie for years in a situation that escalated into a very public and nasty feud this spring.

I saw Hugh Grant on the news the other day - I think he would have been a better choice. Although, not sure he's really into doing TV.

That sucks. I officially have no interest in ever watching it again now. Damn shame too, it was one of my favorites.

That sucks. I officially have no interest in ever watching it again now. Damn shame too, it was one of my favorites.

Me, too. I'll openly admit that I've enjoyed it for many years. (Cue the entertainment snobs. :) )

Kutcher seems a terrible choice. I'm surprised the two sides couldn't make it work somehow. Ratings would have skyrocketed if Sheen had returned.

Me, too. I'll openly admit that I've enjoyed it for many years. (Cue the entertainment snobs. :) )

Kutcher seems a terrible choice. I'm surprised the two sides couldn't make it work somehow. Ratings would have skyrocketed if Sheen had returned.

I'll only bash you if you watch reality television. :)

I never really got into the show, personally, but I can understand the appeal.

I was stunned to read about Hugh Grant, and thought I might actually watch the show then.
(yes ,I'm an entertainment snob, sorry)

Not really that interested with Ashton, just never got the appeal. Keanu Reeves for the Aughts?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

:laugh: It matters not who Charlie's replacement is, the show will not be the same. I just hope they aren't foolish enough to make Kutcher become Charlie on the show, which I don't think they will.

Look, Charlie was the heart and soul of that show, but they have some of the best writers on TV. He never could have done it without the writers behind him no matter how talented he is/was.

If Lorre can come up with a good reason Charlie is no longer on the show, tied up by Rose in some medieval castle dungeon somewhere, and can integrate Kutcher as some cousin because they cannot possibly make him older than Jon Cryer (Alan), actually, there is the start of a good storyline. Alan was always jealous of Charlie, can you imagine if Charlie died and left everything to his distant cousin?

There are possibilities. Kutcher was pretty good on That 70's Show. I am not a big fan of his, but if done right, they could have a couple more years of success. You know that if they go forward, if it fails they are going to look stupid and it will validate everything Charlie Sheen has said and done. You know they are going to pull out all the stops! And right now, CBS has the top rated sit-com's out there so this has a chance. Will it appeal to the vast majority of viewers? I would say, it better in the first 2 or 3 episodes or it will fail for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.