• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Prisco Says 3-13 for Redskins

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score
I heard on ESPN 980 this afternoon that Pete Prisco has the Redskins down for 3-13 this season, evidently believing the NFC East with one 9-7 team and two 8-8 teams from 2011 is so strong that the poor Skins will go 0-6 in the division and only post wins against teams like the Vikings and Browns that were set to draft even lower than Washington before the trade with the Rams.

So, add a quarterback and entire draft class and see 10 players from 2011 return as sophomores and end up with three less victories? :)

It's a wet dream to me.

Anyone follow Prisco often enough to say he is usually fair or usually this delusional?

As we proved last year, the Giants are beatable. Philly and Dallas, as any objective NFL fan knows, are chronically and vastly overrated. I expect the Redskins to go .500 minimum in the NFC East this year. Barring catastrophic injuries,I see 7 wins the absolute basement for this team, and us sneaking in as a wildcard would not shock me.

As we proved last year, the Giants are beatable. Philly and Dallas, as any objective NFL fan knows, are chronically and vastly overrated. I expect the Redskins to go .500 minimum in the NFC East this year.

Without looking up the stats, so I could be wrong, but I'm leaning to the belief that the Redskins have rarely in the past couple decades had a .500 record or better against divisional opponents for the seasons. We typically suck big-time against our own division....especially sucking in our division. SURE, we get an occasional sweep against 1 division team, as we did last season, but often go winless or close to it, against the rest of the division.

Without looking up the stats, so I could be wrong, but I'm leaning to the belief that the Redskins have rarely in the past couple decades had a .500 record or better against divisional opponents for the seasons. We typically suck big-time against our own division....especially sucking in our division. SURE, we get an occasional sweep against 1 division team, as we did last season, but often go winless or close to it, against the rest of the division.

I think you're overstating it - but I'd have to look it up too. We haven't had the combination of an above average (forget talented) QB coupled with a solid running game and good defense in a long time either.

I'll stand by my prediction (I'm confident I'll end up closer to right than Prisco anyway). Dallas and Philadelphia aren't significantly better than us and we already know on a good day the Giants can be beaten.

Quick glance Fear - we were .500 or better in 2005, 2007, 2008 (Zorn achieved it for God's sake), and were a win away from .500 in 2010 and 2011.

Prior to Gibbs, you're closer to being right - we had some tough years against NFC East foes. But recently, we've been pretty competitive.

I tend to agree with Boone's prediction on this one. We are improved at the most important position on the field. That alone should bring more wins.

I believe the jury is still out on Shanahan at this stage of his career, but we have some talent. Surely more than Prisco is giving us credit for.

Not only are we improved in the most important position on the field (frankly, starting Helu and Moss back there and running 100% wildcat would've been an improvement), our RBs & OL will have had another offseason of working on the ZBS. It took Shanahan a couple years in Denver to get the run game really cranking - I think year 3 in DC will be the year it all starts to click.

Hey, at least Prisco is being bold. 99% of the 'experts' out there just look at the previous year's record and add or subtract a win. But man, he really doesn't think much of us, does he?

Quick glance Fear - we were .500 or better in 2005, 2007, 2008 (Zorn achieved it for God's sake), and were a win away from .500 in 2010 and 2011.

Prior to Gibbs, you're closer to being right - we had some tough years against NFC East foes. But recently, we've been pretty competitive.

Interesting stat, thanks for looking that up.

Hey, at least Prisco is being bold. 99% of the 'experts' out there just look at the previous year's record and add or subtract a win.

Yea, I HATE this about those sportswriters' predictions. Other than the Dallas Cowboys, almost all of them, always predict the next Super Bowl matchup to be teams who were in a recent Super Bowl, or at least close to it. They are so un-original in their predictions.

FWIW I think Prisco is one of those guys that truly loathes the Redskins and Snyder and has a hard time keeping his bias from affecting his judgement with this team. He's truly a "hater" from what I've seen. I know that's a common sports fan meme (every negative/critical article about any team is filled with comments accusing the author of being a hater with an agenda) but I try to avoid doling that label out unless it's as exceedingly obvious as it has become with Prisco. It's literally stunning when he has anything at all positive to say about the team.

If the Redskins could find someone other than Hall to cover Dez Bryant on third/fourth and long, the team may have been better than .500 in the division.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.