• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

TV Show Discussion Thread

Holy shit, what an episode of GoT! Absolutely bonkers

Holy shit, what an episode of GoT! Absolutely bonkers

While a main ingredient to enjoying the entire series is temporary suspension of disbelief, there were a few instances in this episode that had me shaking my head. With that said, I think that the episode was probably the best single episode of the entire series. The writing was ok, the acting was ok, the imagery was tough to watch because it was so dark, but the way it was all constructed was pretty damned good!

I think the final 20 minutes of the episode, when there was little to no dialogue, just action would not have been nearly as good had it not been for the score. The music delivered us from one heart pounding scene to the next and back. They used the original score much the way Breaking Bad creators used classic rock and pop music. It wasn't the same as Michael Mann turning Miami Vice into a big music video, rather steering our emotions with the direction of the score.

I watched it again last night...it was phenomenal. It reminded me of the scene leading up to the destruction of the citadel, but 20 strong minutes as opposed to 4-6.

Yeah I really enjoyed the first 10 minutes or so of practically silent tension build up. The darkness added too, but I'm with you on a few sections, woulda liked to see the backdrop lit up a little more. Loved the viewpoint of John/Danny watching the flaming swords charge into the herd, then slowly flickering out, back to black. Don't have slow mo but I thought for sure one of the giants was the first to greet the Dothraki charge, the shot was too dark & quick anyways.

I have questions though. From a military standpoint why wouldn't they have lit the big field up like a runway? Giving those zombie bastards cover to advance was not wise. If it were me, I would have took some wildfire from Cersai back in Westoros. Use a horse or something to redo the Blackwater attack. Aloha Snackbar style!

Lol, I rewatched it yesterday too just for the first charge and counter charge.

Last edited:
Yeah I really enjoyed the first 10 minutes or so of practically silent tension build up. The darkness added too, but I'm with you on a few sections, woulda liked to see the backdrop lit up a little more. Loved the viewpoint of John/Danny watching the flaming swords charge into the herd, then slowly flickering out, back to black. Don't have slow mo but I thought for sure one of the giants was the first to greet the Dothraki charge, the shot was too dark & quick anyways.

I have questions though. From a military standpoint why wouldn't they have lit the big field up like a runway? Giving those zombie bastards cover to advance was not wise. If it were me, I would have took some wildfire from Cersai back in Westoros. Use a horse or something to redo the Blackwater attack. Aloha Snackbar style!

Lol, I rewatched it yesterday too just for the first charge and counter charge.

And couldn't they have constructed some sort of dragon glass razor wire, not just the weak trench defense? There should have been a lot more physical barriers set up outside. But...they are dumb Middle Ages type characters.

While I LOVED the episode (Arya is my girl!!!!), Jon Snow's lack of strategic moxy absolutely drives me mad!

The Battle of the Bastards showed he has no mind for this kind of thing (Sansa had to save his ass!) and this battle plan seemed equally problematic.

I kept thinking...

Why have we built a huge moat, with dragon-glass barricades and fire... only to have the Dothraki and the Unsullied stand IN FRONT of it?

Surely they'd have been better off behind it where they could have filtered the undead to them and taken them down in a more measured approach.

And I know they were trying to draw out the Night King, but why weren't Dany and Jon strafing the approaching mobs of the dead with dragon fire BEFORE the charge of the Dothraki Light Brigade?
Like Win4us was saying, why give them the advantage of the cover of darkness? They didn't even need Wildfire, they had two great stinking dragons to provide that with.

And Jon has SEEN the Night King raise the dead before, so why did he think it was a great idea to hide everyone in a crypt surrounded by dead people?

And on that subject... why even bait the Night King to Winterfell at all? If you know he'd going for Bran, then go somewhere more remote to fight the battle, where the innocent women and children don't have to cower in crypts.
Or vice versa, send the women and children somewhere where the Night King is not coming to.

Saying all that though... I was enthralled from start to finish and left quite breathless when the credits rolled. LOL
Loved it

I was hoping to see something like the Dothraki charge from the flanks, kinda like the riders of rohan in LOTR. Bad decisions cost their army thousands.

Speaking of which, how are they going to attack Westoros with 200 peasants and 2 dragons? Especially knowing Cersai at least 1 dragon sized ballista & a quality navy to defend. Probably have to send little bad ass in with several faces in her pocket, ninja style. Next few episodes are gonna be crazy!

I would really like to see Gendry construct giant breastplates for the dragons too!

Last edited:
I was hoping to see something like the Dothraki charge from the flanks, kinda like the riders of rohan in LOTR. Bad decisions cost their army thousands.

Speaking of which, how are they going to attack Westoros with 200 peasants and 2 dragons? Especially knowing Cersai at least 1 dragon sized ballista & a quality navy to defend. Probably have to send little bad ass in with several faces in her pocket, ninja style. Next few episodes are gonna be crazy!

I would really like to see Gendry construct giant breastplates for the dragons too!

The dragons save the day...without them they don't defeat Cersei.

I'm thinking if there's any left, team Stark/Targeryan will need help from the children of the forrest to beat Cersai's army. Magic and dragons

On a different note, king Wu is back bitches! Deadwood has a movie at the end of May!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4943998/

So nobody is jazzed for the Wood to start back up? You bastards are dead inside.

On another note, King's Landing is about to be ripped the F up this Sunday. Emilia Clark said there's bigger shocks in this episode than the white twerker war episode.

Do you mean Deadwood? Sounds like a movie - maybe 2 of them - are coming but no new series, at least not to my understanding. Maybe you mean something else, in which case....nevermind :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope meant Deadwood, loved that series and this movie looks pretty darn good, imho

I hear Westeros is a lovely place for a barbecue this time of year. Too soon?

Yeah, he got burnt up!

I love listening to all the boohoo'ing about the disappointment the way things went down.

Some people are talking about how unbelievable it was...on a show with fire breathing dragons who can FLY!!!!

I've talked about some of the things that "may" not add up, and that sometimes there will be difficulties suspending disbelief...but then I remember the fire breathing dragons!

It's definitely not what I was expecting, especially when Euron dispatched dragon #2 pretty easily. Granted, he was banged up pretty bad from the white twerkers too. That was a little false advertisement, but all in all a pretty dramatic episode. I liked it for the most part

You could see the fear in the golden army's eyes where the northern's were combat vets with some en up hate, lots of it. And why the heck couldn't Bran just warg into the mountain and then kill Cersai? I woulda made his crippled ass contribute in some fashion. This whole episode was about settling scores.

My hunch for the finale is Tyrion sacrifices his own life to take out Danny, then John gets elected at tribal council.

I'm on the GoT fence with this season.

It's been big on spectacle, but bullcrap on character development. Nothing makes sense characterwise. It feels like the writers decided to give us spectacle over substance this year in what's feeling like a rush to the finish line.

Jaime is a case in point. Right from word go, he's been set up as someone who struggles to balance his love for his sister (who he knows is a monster) against his conscience. And for 7 years of show he was on a redemption curve. This was the man who killed the Mad King for honor, to save innocent lives, even though he would be vilified for it.
Then this week he's like F**k the people, never cared for them anyway.

His whole arc would have made much more sense if he'd have killed Cersei to stop the war. That would have been more in keeping with his character and what we've learned about him. He would have given up the love of Brienne to stop something he knows is wrong. He'd be hated for it, but it would have been the right thing to do and that's what Jaime was about.

Ayra just deciding to abandon her kill list was another out of character moment.

Sansa releasing Jon's identity... she learned the value of information from Littlefinger, no way would she release that info into the wild so fast.

Varys, master of whisperers, outliving the madking... makes the mistake of being caught in treason? Really?

The Golden Army, the elite combat sell-sword unit of Essos... not so much.

Even Dany... I get that they've been building up the big turn to the dark side for seasons now, but GoT has always been a show that subverted the narrative. They established this in season 1 when they killed off the top billed character to everyones stunned amazement. I was REALLY hoping that she wasn't going to burn the city on a whim. She's always had a fascination for burning her foes, but never the innocent. I know she was grieving but this just felt so out of character. If Cersei had provoked her then I could have bought the sudden turn, but Dany had already won. I had really thought that before the bell went, Cersei would have unleashed the Wildfire, and that would have been what pushed Dany over the edge... but no.

I could go on ranting, but I'd drive El crazy! LOL

On the flipside, it has been spectacular TV to watch. Truly some amazing moments on screen.

P.S. Do dragons just have unlimited fire? And why does it now work like C4?

It's definitely not what I was expecting, especially when Euron dispatched dragon #2 pretty easily. Granted, he was banged up pretty bad from the white twerkers too. That was a little false advertisement, but all in all a pretty dramatic episode. I liked it for the most part

You could see the fear in the golden army's eyes where the northern's were combat vets with some en up hate, lots of it. And why the heck couldn't Bran just warg into the mountain and then kill Cersai? I woulda made his crippled ass contribute in some fashion. This whole episode was about settling scores.

My hunch for the finale is Tyrion sacrifices his own life to take out Danny, then John gets elected at tribal council.

Sansa gets elected leader of the counsel. Arya kills Dany. Jon goes to the north and finds another red haired willing. Bran is the Night King.

Sansa gets elected leader of the counsel. Arya kills Dany. Jon goes to the north and finds another red haired willing. Bran is the Night King.

Bran hasn't done shit lately so he may as well be the NK. Hopefully there's enough exposition after the crowning to tie several loose ends together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.