• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Eric Schaefer I heard would take on a greater role in negotiations if Bruce left. Other than that I don't know how everything else would shake out.
I do know Scott Campbell has interviewed before for GM Jobs I heard he turned down the Cleveland GM which if true is probably a good thing. If it's true.

No matter who the GM it's imperative of them to listen to scouts as I think we had a problem of not listening to them for awhile and horrible drafts were had for awhile

Matt Jones cut by Colts - just another chink in Scot McCloughan's armor.

Guy is probably the most overrated Redskins 'saviours' of all time. The decision to move him on (whether handled clumsily or unprofessionally or not) is looking smarter every day.

It really was clunky as hell how the whole thing went down, but I can't argue with his legacy here. It was lackluster to just plain bad. Doesn't matter whether players liked him or whatever, his ultimate results over three years later speak for themselves... and the breath is pretty bad.

It really was clunky as hell how the whole thing went down, but I can't argue with his legacy here. It was lackluster to just plain bad. Doesn't matter whether players liked him or whatever, his ultimate results over three years later speak for themselves... and the breath is pretty bad.

My overall take away is that we should be careful in embracing conventional wisdom. 3 years ago, if you'd expressed anything even remotely skeptical about Scot McCloughan, you'd literally have been tarred, feathered, and run out of town. In 2018, shouting 'good riddance!' barely musters a disgruntled 'hey now!'.

Redskins fans are right to be dissatisfied with the level of franchise success over the past 20 years. I'm with them. It's been entirely unacceptable. But in terms of what the fixes are, I've gotta be honest...most fans have no ****ing clue what the *right* moves are. Shouting 'burn the house down!' every 3-4 years is not a strategy for success.

Sure, that's possible. I guess my general point is that fans over simplify things. Boot this guy, hire that one. Cut this player, sign that one. Problems solved. I would just argue that nothing is ever that simple.

Seems like an odd time to want to shake up the team's organizational structure to me. Coming off 2 straight successful drafts - this one perhaps the best in 20 years. The recent moves seem to suggest one of two things. Either Allen's fingerprints are all over things, because he's figuring it out. Or he's backed off and handed off to his football guys and Doug Williams.

Both scenarios would seem to bode well for the team's future success.

In light of that, 'let's shake it all up' seems like an odd imperative to me?

I know I'm alone in that concern... lol...

No sir. Not alone. At least not as long as these two drafts look as good on the field as they do on paper, and continue to look that way.

That's one way of looking at it. But Williams has only been a Redskins executive for 4 years. Then there's Scott Campbell, who's been working for 17 effing years for this franchise. Not saying that if Allen departs, it won't be Williams. But I'm not sure it should be. I do *get* that Doug Williams occupies a unique position as a legendary Redskins QB from the glory years. But man, that would be a tough pill to swallow for Campbell.

I guess we'll see what happens.

I'm not just concerned with Campbell's feelings. And this may or may not be an unfounded possibility, but I am concerned and curious that Campbell could be a FO version of McVay, even if it's on a lesser degree, talent-wise. In other words, if Allen goes, and Williams gets the promo, how much more likely is Campbell to be snatched up by a team in need of a GM, and we later regret taking advantage of his talents, while we had the chance ?

Allen denying he's going anywhere - it's probably all media-manufactured nonsense as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My overall take away is that we should be careful in embracing conventional wisdom. 3 years ago, if you'd expressed anything even remotely skeptical about Scot McCloughan, you'd literally have been tarred, feathered, and run out of town. In 2018, shouting 'good riddance!' barely musters a disgruntled 'hey now!'.

Redskins fans are right to be dissatisfied with the level of franchise success over the past 20 years. I'm with them. It's been entirely unacceptable. But in terms of what the fixes are, I've gotta be honest...most fans have no ****ing clue what the *right* moves are. Shouting 'burn the house down!' every 3-4 years is not a strategy for success.

Even Scott said he wouldn't hit on every pick and just like others GM don't. And just like then next offseason someone will say we should have drafted James over the guy we just drafted or this guy in the third we passed over to draft this OT. A few people wanted to cut Moses that first offseason. While I'm a best player available person I don't think the best athlete is always it.

If we take our drafts from 2014 to now greatly improved from prior years. Teams that are stacked like the pats or Steelers or GB for example you can absorb misses more. GB hasn't drafted good in a few years. I'm hoping to find it was cousins and injuries holding this team back and we return the playoffs this year.

It's a celebration, bitches!!!

Once all the virtue signaling and #MeToo'ing are over, I'd like to see all the facts... not that we'll ever get them all.

I'll first have to inspect said pics to render a proper comment.

Has there been any mention of Jay running a tougher camp this year to possibly deter injuries? Or anything on procedure changes on keeping guys healthy?

^
Unless I'm mistaken, from the sounds of it, it appears to be geared more toward shortening the recovery process of injuries that have already occurred, as opposed to preventing certain injuries from happening.
Granted, I submit that certain injuries are completely unavoidable, due to the nature of the game, and simply bad luck, and I don't contest that at all.
But I do believe there is a certain percentage, no matter how small, of injuries can be prevented through conditioning, etc.
So after reading the article, I wonder if this facility, or any other change made, will have an effect on physically preparing their bodies to avoid the portion of injuries that fall into the "avoidable" category.

That's not what I got out of it. In my experience ‘recovery' is a proactive process intended to keep the body tuned before and after physical exertion. Massage, yoga, stretching, nutrition, hot and cold therapies, etc all lead to being able to better withstand the physical demands.

The one thing the facility cannot do is force the players to take their health seriously and to incorporate a well designed recovery protocol.

Curious what he'll say when the Vagiants cut him come September.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.