• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Vegas: The Over/Under Skins Win Total For 2018

The most surprising team on that list?

The Chargers at 9 1/2? Did I miss something?

That looks like a free money under.

Denver is another team that's fallen apart. Only 7 1/2?

The Redskins were 1-5 in the NFC East last season. If you can't win 50% of your division games you really face an uphill climb to get to a decent win total and Vegas is looking at the moves we have made so far before the draft, and like many of us are thinking that areas such as run defense, depth in the secondary (after dealing Fuller and seeing Breeland depart), and experience/depth at WR have not been really addressed at this point.

There is still time to use the draft, trades and free agency signings after June 1 to alter the perception of the team from the outside and confirm to us as fans as well that the team is indeed improved from 2017.

But there is a LOT of work to do before that happens.

Right now I would put it at six wins. After next weekend - maybe more, possibly the same, maybe less.

We can never seem to just nail a draft where we get those 3 or 4 impact contributors that allow you to turn over the record in one year.

Last year we stayed at #17 and ended up with a top 5 talent in Jonathan Allen. But then in Round 2, instead of hitting the grand slam by selecting a second impact player who could come in and start we ended up taking a player in Ryan Anderson that was all but invisible in 2017, never good for a pick in the first 50.

In 2016 we could end up with a washout at the top of the draft with Cravens already gone and Josh Doctson anything but a finished product at WR.

It's really hard to go from a 7-9 or 8-8 type team to an 11 or 12 win club without having that breakout draft.

Until I can see it in writing that Jay is gonna actually run the damn ball it's tough to predict our outcome.

Until I can see it in writing that Jay is gonna actually run the damn ball it's tough to predict our outcome.

Doug Williams presser today: "Guard is not an absolute priority in the draft." and "We're not going in saying we have to get a guard."

If they have any hope of running the ball, LG needs to be addressed.

Hope it's a smoke screen.......

Doug Williams presser today: "Guard is not an absolute priority in the draft." and "We're not going in saying we have to get a guard."

If they have any hope of running the ball, LG needs to be addressed.

Hope it's a smoke screen.......

Oh that has to be a smoke screen right? RIGHT?!?

Lol if our offense is going to have ANY chance at success this year a new G needs obtained. At this point plugging in TyPo would be better than what we have.

Damn you D. Williams, was having a decent day too!

It's not an issue because they have 'secret weapon' Shawn Lauvao standing by ready to sign a one-year $1.5M contract to come back for 2018.

Why this team is so fascinated by Lauvao I have no idea. I thought signing him off a Browns team that couldn't run the ball and was willing to jettison a former #3 pick was ridiculous, no more than giving him a 4 year, $20M deal.

Oh the other gem?

According to Doug, we weren't very active in free agency because we have a good team already.

What competent front office executive says that about a perennial 7-9 club?

What I didn't like was when Williams got defensive by saying that Alex Smith was a great third round draft choice.

Good GMs don't take trades out of context and compare 33 year old veteran players to prospects whose upside is something they are being paid to properly evaluate and develop if selected.

Joe Montana was a #3 pick. So was Russell Wilson. Cousins was a #4 pick here in 2012.

So, there very well might be a player who ultimately grades out equal to or better than Smith in the long-run.

But whether or not that happens, the trade is just that, a TRADE.

We shouldn't be mixing the metaphors in re the draft.

The Redskins are going to miss having that #3 pick when the time comes. And if we do indeed trade down in Round 1 to then re-acquire a pick in that round, that is another consequence of the TRADE.

With Cousins leaving as a foregone conclusion and free agency offering up capable but often-injured players like Sam Bradford and Teddy Bridgewater at QB, the move for Smith was aggressive and perhaps necessary.

But let's not pretend it was all scripted out that way from the start. The Redskins were scrambling to make lemonade out of the lemons left over from holding onto Cousins too long so they wouldn't get any compensation for him and were able to make the trade.

So, kudos for fixing what was originally our own mistake.

The 2018 draft starting today is a new chapter. The front office will be judged as much on what they do over the next 3 days going forward as they will for that one move in January.

If one assumes that Smith is equal to or even a bit better than Cousins (less turnovers), then this team is likely looking at a record of between 7-9 and 9-7 UNLESS the draft and post June 1 free agency produce outsized returns.

So, the challenge to improve is still there. Smith simply allows us to tread water at quarterback.

But Smith isn't going to the playoffs with a defense that finishes #3 2 against the run or an offensive set that features Robert Kelley at RB, Paul Richardson and Josh Doctson at WR and Jamison Crowder in the slot, etc. without upgrades at some of these spots and others on the roster as well.

Can't picture you, or anybody else telling their children, "Daddy/Mommy loves you, even though you're fat and ugly".

I get your point, however...who does he think he's fooling?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.