• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

I've stayed at quite a few Holiday Inn Expresses, traveling for work.

Criticizing the GM because we haven't done that job, not ok.

Criticizing the HC because we haven't done that job, ok.

Got it. :drummer:

Could the patience game be paying off? Ricky Jean Francois is signing with the Lions and that could be a good sign for the Redskins. Don't count out Hankins just yet.

Thing I find funny, if the Redskins are such serial 'lowballers', why hasn't Hankins been snatched up by those smarter teams offering reasonable money?

Based on last year, and what he's done so far this year, Hankins looks to me like he might be the real mercenary type. Not so much interested in the best fit, or the team best situated to win, but in the team that dangles the most coin. Kinda like Revis, only without the Hall of Fame talent.

Wonder what we'd actually be getting in terms of on- and off-field commitment....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former Titans NT Sylvester Williams is signing with the Lions, per source.</p>— Cameron Wolfe (@CameronWolfe) <a href="https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/976541691749511174?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 21, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Visited yesterday

Thing I find funny, if the Redskins are such serial 'lowballers', why hasn't Hankins been snatched up by those smarter teams offering reasonable money?

I think they do lowball expecting agents to counter offer. If they move on they either were not serious about playing here or hoping like in the past to get a payday from the redskins.

7 years ago Redskins fans - we won in FA but build through the draft
Now - Redskins lose in FA - BURN HER SHE'S A WITCH

Being bi-polar is part of our passion but my advice, every year I say I'm not going to pay for Sunday ticket to ensure I watch every game, I do, because in the end, while talent evaluation, aptitude in understanding football are important in the FO, maybe just maybe my brothers, we're not playing to go all out this year, which we should be doing because we're not three to four to five players away from being a winner, not a contender a winner. Yeah Philly re-set the deck, Cinderella happens sometimes then you end up like the Ravens after Flacco's win, the Buc's with Gruden, Bear's with McMahon, shit it goes back forever. Drink a beer, grab your girls breasts out of the blue and yell HTTR!!

Yeah SO got off work early today, beer is good.

I think they do lowball expecting agents to counter offer. If they move on they either were not serious about playing here or hoping like in the past to get a payday from the redskins.

Or use what they expect to be a stupidly high offer as leverage elsewhere.

Year after year this team talks a good game about the defense and line in the offseason and yet without exception after the smoke has cleared we finish #30 against the run and lack the real anchors up front.

Allen was the first major investment we made in the DL in the draft in 20 years.

But that's just the beginning. Not the end point.

We need more up front, specifically more inside to stop the run and give us a push.

That may mean getting two players, a run stuffer and a rusher. Perhaps it could be one player if the draft falls the right way.

But to depend upon that is problematic.

Payne could be gone by #13 and then you are left scrambling.

I want to try and fix this now if we can. Add Payne if he is available.

I think solidifying the DL and finding a LG to round out our starting OL is MORE important to the cub than concerns over a contract extension for Jamison Crowder.

To me Crowder is a ‘nice to have' player but is no more than complementary.

Scherff is the only ‘must have' signee for 2019.

And again with the cap savings at qb for Smith vs. Cousins we should have enough cap space to take care of business on D in 2018 and 2019.

No more backup plans of Hood playing inside that turn into September reality.

Let's get this fixed sooner rather than later.

I don't know about the Skins low balling guys but I guess one could call it that if they choose...

For years, GB has had a budget (and they stick to it) on how much they'll pay for most of their guys and FA's. They save room to lock up their top guy's. This may seem painful looking in from the out door but it's what they do. If a guy want's more than the Packers limit they'll pass on the player. As of today, Packers cap space $19M; Skins is $21M.

I admit that Washington probably needs to fine tune this process in that they may need to bump up their limit or initial offers on some guys but it's a different way to look at Washington is doing this year.

It's really pretty easy to sum up the situation.

We have non-football guys calling the shots.

That's as absurd as me opening up a gymnastics studio.

It's really pretty easy to sum up the situation.

We have non-football guys calling the shots.

That's as absurd as me opening up a gymnastics studio.

Can you be more specific? Even calling Bruce Allen a 'non-football guy' is inaccurate (if that's what you're implying). He played college ball at Richmond, was even drafted, but elected to coach early on instead.

So what exactly are you alleging?

Can you be more specific? Even calling Bruce Allen a 'non-football guy' is inaccurate (if that's what you're implying). He played college ball at Richmond, was even drafted, but elected to coach early on instead.

So what exactly are you alleging?

Bruce and Dan are not football guys. And without the help of McLovin's draft guide and knowledge of FA's--when injuries hit in week 10--it's absurd to think they can compete with the best in the country.

I have breakfast twice a month with Bruce's counterpart in the Orlando Magic organization. He's been there 24 years. He recently came out in the paper and admitted that he needed to "refocus" on the product on the court. 24 years.

The Magic purchased all of the real estate around their arena three years ago and built restaurants, bars, etc...and the value of the club has literally tripled in that timeframe.

They have the third worst record in the league, but he's in no jeopardy of losing his job.

Bruce and Dan are not football guys. And without the help of McLovin's draft guide and knowledge of FA's--when injuries hit in week 10--it's absurd to think they can compete with the best in the country.

I have breakfast twice a month with Bruce's counterpart in the Orlando Magic organization. He's been there 24 years. He recently came out in the paper and admitted that he needed to "refocus" on the product on the court. 24 years.

The Magic purchased all of the real estate around their arena three years ago and built restaurants, bars, etc...and the value of the club has literally tripled in that timeframe.

They have the third worst record in the league, but he's in no jeopardy of losing his job.

So now Dan is pulling the strings again? Where'd you come by that information? Because there's literally no one, not even the conspiracy-seeking DC sports mediots alleging that?

Bruce Allen is absolutely, incontrovertibly, a 'football guy'. He played HS, and college football at a major program. He was drafted. He coached college football at a Division III school. He was a pro football agent. And he's been on staff/in front offices for 3 different NFL franchises. Seems like enough to qualify as a football guy.

If you want to argue that you don't think he makes good decisions - that's fine.

McLovin? The guy who brought us Sua 'I don't want to play' Cravens and Matt 'I can't hold onto a football' Jones? If you want to continue the myth that he's some kind of football Yoda, feel free, but I don't see his departure as that big of a loss. I'll even drink to that.

I have no idea what the Orlando Magic has to do with the Redskins, you lost me there.

I love ya, and I'm usually a huge fan of your takes even when I don't agree with them. This one just seems like a drive by ‘Bruce and Dan are ruining the team' Twitter post like you see tweeted every 60 seconds or so.

Last edited:
I don't believe he's a football guy, nor do I believe he's studying the best LBs in this year's draft as I type this.

I don't believe he's waking up at 5 am tomorrow to study film.

He's not a talent evaluator--his job doesn't depend on it.

And I feel dirty even typing that. I'm not troll tr1.

This is the greatest Redskins site on the internet. Thank you for allowing me to be here.

I just don't believe they have the passion that we do to win games.

7 years ago Redskins fans - we won in FA but build through the draft
Now - Redskins lose in FA - BURN HER SHE'S A WITCH

Being bi-polar is part of our passion but my advice, every year I say I'm not going to pay for Sunday ticket to ensure I watch every game, I do, because in the end, while talent evaluation, aptitude in understanding football are important in the FO, maybe just maybe my brothers, we're not playing to go all out this year, which we should be doing because we're not three to four to five players away from being a winner, not a contender a winner. Yeah Philly re-set the deck, Cinderella happens sometimes then you end up like the Ravens after Flacco's win, the Buc's with Gruden, Bear's with McMahon, shit it goes back forever. Drink a beer, grab your girls breasts out of the blue and yell HTTR!!

Yeah SO got off work early today, beer is good.

You obviously missed the argument being made.

We're glad you're here McD5. Sort of feels like the point keeps shifting. He's absolutely a football guy. Talent evaluator? Maybe not so much, but for that to be super concerning you have to believe he's running rough shod over his scouting experts and ignoring their input (and Doug Williams).

I think he makes all final calls but I don't believe he's acting unilaterally. I've never been a huge Allen fan btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.