• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

QB contracts in the NFL are like NBA contracts now, you can have a good player get stupid money

At the reported cost of Garoppolo's contract (and guessing that Cousins will get at least $1 more), which of the two qbs would you rather have?

Alex Smith

Oh, not an available choice for the question.

Okay then, neither.

Oops! Also not eligible.

Fine. Give me Garoppolo.

We know Cousins isn't worth the money. At least Garoppolo gives you the possibility. And, he's younger.

Alex Smith

Oh, not an available choice for the question.

Okay then, neither.

Oops! Also not eligible.

Fine. Give me Garoppolo.

We know Cousins isn't worth the money. At least Garoppolo gives you the possibility. And, he's younger.

Thanks. You made my point.

Call me crazy, I don't think Kirk will get as much as Jimmy G.

You know damn well that Kirk's God, aka Agent, has had an erection that's lasted more than 4 hrs ever since Jimmy jammed the 9'ers.

Of course, every other team in the 2018 QB Sweepstakes are still moaning and stocking up on KY Jelly in preparation of getting, well, you know.

Oh, I'm quite sure. I just don't think the market for Kirk will be as heavy as his agent and Grant & Danny think. There's a lot of competition out there and the very first question will be whether Philly is willing to part with Nick Foles, even knowing that Wentz won't be 100% to start the season. Now that Philly's QB coach has gone to Minny, that could be a possibility.

Oh, I'm quite sure. I just don't think the market for Kirk will be as heavy as his agent and Grant & Danny think. There's a lot of competition out there and the very first question will be whether Philly is willing to part with Nick Foles, even knowing that Wentz won't be 100% to start the season. Now that Philly's QB coach has gone to Minny, that could be a possibility.

Only takes two desperate and sill teams to enable a cunning Agent to start a bidding war.

Those teams are out there LOL

Only takes two desperate and sill teams to enable a cunning Agent to start a bidding war.

Those teams are out there LOL

How often anymore do we see a bidding war for a player, though? If two teams are bidding over Cousins... that's the definition of "desperation."

Wonder if, in light of this kind of deal, Alex Smith and his agent will reconsider the Washington deal? Wouldn't be shocking ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He had to know it was coming...everyone else did.

Wonder if, in light of this kind of deal, Alex Smith and his agent will reconsider the Washington deal? Wouldn't be shocking ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it would be just our luck too............

Well, we'll find out if, unlike Cousins, Alex Smith says what he means, and means what he says.

Well, we'll find out if, unlike Cousins, Alex Smith says what he means, and means what he says.

Well, he's locked up for 5 years so he has little leverage to do so.

Wait a second, the deal is not done until the first day of the season...while he has no real leverage for the trade, he does control whether to sign the extension.

Could this unravel the trade altogether?

Last edited:
Yeah, I addressed that in my OP...nothing done yet, I don't believe.

There is always going to be a stupid team with a desperate GM that overspends in free agency. It used to be us with Deion Sanders and Albert Haynesworth.

Yes, Cousins is going to get a market-breaking deal that will last as long as it takes for Aaron Rodger and Drew Brees to get new contracts.

But will that team be a contender for more than one season (if it already is one?)

A team like Denver or Jacksonville can make a plausible argument that settling on the right quarterback will have them in the Super Bowl in 2018.

So, for them the gamble may very well be worth the risk.

But for teams like the NY Jets and Cleveland they are years away from being a contender with or without an upgrade at quarterback.

What they do is something NOT to be copied by others (as it usually is with these guys).

I agree with Feinstein that Cousins would likely have turned down a $137M offer from the Redskins just to get out of town.

After the Redskins refused to give Cousins a max type deal the first year he was under the franchise tag, Kirk has had one step out the door.

The departure of Sean McVay and the descent of the Redskins to 7-9 and now in a division with the 13-3 Super Bowl Champion Eagles and the 9-7 Cowboys who seem to beat the Redskins on a regular basis with Prescott and Elliott, only clinched it.

Meanwhile Denver has only to pass the 10-6 Chiefs who as division champs return with a first year starter at qb in Mahomes.

The Jaguars are in a division they were able to win with Blake Bortles at quarterback. That should tell you what you need to know there.

Those teams plus the Vikings if things clear up there are the best places for a FA quarterback to go to.

Well, he's locked up for 5 years so he has little leverage to do so.

Wait a second, the deal is not done until the first day of the season...while he has no real leverage for the trade, he does control whether to sign the extension.

Could this unravel the trade altogether?

Nothing is official so technically it's a Josh McDaniels situation.. Smith could sit down at Redskins park on March 14 at 4:01 and say... "you've got me for this year, then I'm a free agent" and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it. This is part of the reason I pray we aren't playing around with some vindictive tag and trade for Kirk. The more we play petty mind games with Kirk, the more Smith is going to reconsider his loyalty to a team that has shown no loyalty to their current high profile QB. Let the man go, let's get Smith in here. Take the lump of what happened in the whole thing, and move on. Get to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.