• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

SOMEONE will have interest in Foles, and it would require a trade to make it happen... If it goes down, that's 1 less team to sign Kirk. This well is going to continue to dry up after the draft too. Kirk better be careful, because starting QB positions are going to start getting filled... at a lot less $$ thank Kirk wants.

He could just walk away from the game.
He came very close to doing that a few years ago. And has indicated he may follow through with that act soon.
How could I say something crazy as Foles may retire at such an early age, on the heels of a SB victory and MVP, and on the cusp of a ridiculous big-money contract ?
Because his plan is to become a pastor, and he has more of a passion for that, than football actually, according to him.
Or maybe you knew all that, already :)

Last edited:
He could just walk away from the game.
He came very close to doing that a few years ago. And has indicated he may follow through with that act soon.
How could I say something crazy as Foles may retire at such an early age, on the heels of a SB victory and MVP, and on the cusp of a ridiculous big-money contract ?
Because his plan is to become a pastor, and he has more of a passion for that, than football actually, according to him.
Or maybe you knew all that, already :)

I did not know ALL of that, I knew he was on the cusp of walking away, but a conversation with his brother, as well as some sort of direction by god told him to come back to Philly.

He very well could walk away which absolutely would take him off the table.. I still think teams will be on the phone with Philly inquiring about his services, and the cost it would take to make that happen.

If he chose to walk away, good for him. Follow your passion, do what makes you happy. Money isn't the most important thing in life and he's probably already made enough to be comfortable for a long time. More power too him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One thing I'll say: How you treat people matters. Sometimes, guys talk to other free agents about a place. Sometimes, those other FA's listen.</p>— John Keim (@john_keim) <a href="https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/960611499629842432?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:munching_out:

Treated so badly, he was paid $44m straight-up over two years and a losing record.

Treated so badly, he was paid $44m straight-up over two years and a losing record.

This isn't just about low balling your QB and never wanting to negotiate a LTD in good faith....it's also letting players find out they've been traded via twitter/social media instead of calling them first.

Word gets around. If you guys don't think things like that matter, then you're just in denial with reality.

Players talk to each other around the league.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">there is a 0.000000000 percent chance the original tweet was about kirk. but whatever. i'm not gonna convince you. carry on</p>— Dan Steinberg (@dcsportsbog) <a href="https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/960616127192883200?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">yeah, it wasn't. .. it's a general statement about the reality of the nfl. and if there's a choice between 2 places, this stuff matters.</p>— John Keim (@john_keim) <a href="https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/960625353973731328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2018</a></blockquote>

Last edited:
If Team A and Team B are offering the same cash but Team B has a shitty reputation with players, what team is the FA signing with?

Whichever offers more guaranteed and a chance to start... ;)

There's roughly 0% of scenarios like that playing out. These players are more pragmatic about their futures than that and it's never common to see players get offers from multiple teams, much less for the exact terms.

As much as I desperately wanted that Philadelphia Eagles' trophy case to remain empty, I'll give credit where credit is due. Their offensive and defensive line play is really great. Two fantastic line units on both sides of the ball overall.

It's amazing how so many Super Bowl champions share this common trait.

I hope our front office keeps taking notes. You can never have too many good players along both of your lines if you want to make your mark in this league and turn your franchise around.

Well done, Philadelphia.

Agree CH, Philthy seemed to figure it out this year with line focus. It just seemed they came out of nowhere on this run, like they had EVERYTHING go their way.

Pretty sure nobody predicted they'd be this good in preseason. Let's hope the Bruce paid attention and follows suit in assembling a solid draft.

So, DP is right about one thing. In today's league it shouldn't take 4-5 years to build a competitive team.
Philly shows us the perfect example. Pederson wins the Lombardi, in just his 2nd season as HC.
And if I remember right, that's the same team that Chip Kelly inexplicably and completely gutted it of all its talent.
So it's not like Pederson inherited a pre-made team.
He started from scratch and wins it all in 2 years.

Well, we're stuck with our coach for another couple years. Unless he really craps the bed this season. Which is as likely as not.

However, I'm hoping he gets lucky. If Jupiter aligns with Mars, when the Moon is in the seventh house, and Lady Luck decides to have an ongoing affair with him.

Maybe just having a true veteran leader at QB will enable the players to take over ownership of the team, and take us to a place Gruden can't seem to find.

This just happened.

When I was at the Stadium store last month and saw the RGIII Jersey for $5, I looked up at the wall and told my mom that all those Cousins jerseys will be that price soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently in response to Redskins Twitter posting 'Time to turn our focus to the 2018 season', Cousins just tweeted...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.