• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

We can't ever have nice things. So much for competing for the division....

Time for Anthony Lanier to shine.
It's a brand new career, for Anthony Lanier.
So, sit back and have a beer. And don't fear.
Because Lanier is our newest spear.
Don't shed a tear, but get ready to cheer.
And get your rear in gear.
For the playoffs are near.
I'm talkin peer to peer.
Do you hear ?

Dang, Allen being out hurts. But, the Defense has been commendable thus far with depth guys stepping up and filling in.

Taylor - Was going to start at NT or at least be in the D line rotation - out for year
Murphy - Played well at OLB last year - out for year
Foster - has missed time
Norman - out
Breeland - who knows how much time he'll miss
And every other secondary player felt like they got nicked up in the SF game.

Lanier will have to jump in with quality reps and the other guys will have play an increased role on the line.

So while this latest loss is bad - not time to pack it in.

Last edited:
We can't ever have nice things. So much for competing for the division....

So while this latest loss is bad - not time to pack it in.

And we also have to remember, that this type of thing is happening, and will continue to happen, to other teams, including our own division rivals. I think the Giants losing their Top 2 receivers, is worse than all our injuries combined. I think it's already struck Philly, with Cox and others, and who knows what else is in store on the injury front in Philly and Dallas. Injuries have a way of evening the playing field to a degree.

Last edited:

Last edited:
We released our PS QB yesterday and had this signing a short time ago.

Stay with this video to the end. It will bring a smile to you.

Watching a 30 for 30 special on ESPN2 right now about the replacement Redskins from 1987.

Edit: Just watched the entire episode, two things come to mind...

1. This is just more proof that Joe Gibbs should be considered one of, if not the best, coach of all time. He took a rag tag group of guys and taught them about the importance of teamwork.

2. I was disappointed to see that the scab players were not given SB rings that year. They were eligible for the playoff bonuses, but the decision to not be given rings was made by JKC. He stated clearly, it was too expensive to give them all rings, but he didn't pay for the rings of the players, coaches and front office staff. The NFL did, apparently he would have had to pay for them because of NFL "eligibility". I get that they are pricey and it would have been like 50 more of rings, but those guys probably made it possible for that run.

I ask you guys, was the 35K in playoff money the league paid enough? Or should the replacements been provided rings, too?

Last edited:
Watching a 30 for 30 special on ESPN2 right now about the replacement Redskins from 1987.

Edit: Just watched the entire episode, two things come to mind...

1. This is just more proof that Joe Gibbs should be considered one of, if not the best, coach of all time. He took a rag tag group of guys and taught them about the importance of teamwork.

2. I was disappointed to see that the scab players were not given SB rings that year. They were eligible for the playoff bonuses, but the decision to not be given rings was made by JKC. He stated clearly, it was too expensive to give them all rings, but he didn't pay for the rings of the players, coaches and front office staff. The NFL did, apparently he would have had to pay for them because of NFL "eligibility". I get that they are pricey and it would have been like 50 more of rings, but those guys probably made it possible for that run.

I ask you guys, was the 35K in playoff money the league paid enough? Or should the replacements been provided rings, too?

When I saw the special, I felt the same way about the rings and was really surprised we didn't do it. Especially after Gibbs preached about doing everything as a team (for the replacement players and for the guys that were striking). They asked Gibbs about this in the documentary, correct? I think I remember him dodging the question.

All the players I've heard talk about it DID NOT want the replacement players to get rings. They are still little more than SCABS in their eyes.

I believe they deserve the rings. That Monday night win against Cowpatties is still a top Redskins win, in my book. I didn't care if the regular players ever came back.

Today's players still don't get it, either. With their recent shenanigans, I wouldn't care if they were all fired, and replaced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 2, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.