• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I understand where Ax is coming from - emotionally. It's so tiresome to watch our season end while other fans get to enjoy the excitement of a playoff run where anything can happen. I'm no different from anyone else. I just think it's one thing to feel that emotional despair and disappointment again, another to look at what adversity the team actually faced this year.
I know there's no way to prove it, but let me assure you, I do not feel any emotional despair.

I'm just opinionated. My real life consists mostly of fixing things. Anything, and everything. I'm not always right, or successful, on the 1st try.

There are the things I have fixed, and the things I haven't fixed...........................yet! ;)

Cute, but inaccurate.

Nary a bartender or stock worker took the field.

And yes, better coaching could have had us in, or playing for, a postseason berth.

The point was, and I know you know this, is that the only stat that matters is winning, and getting into the playoffs. Where anything can happen.
Atlanta got better results, with fewer points. They're alive going into week 17. Our corpse has been festering for weeks.

Do you, or do you not, wish we were in their position this week? It's not rocket science.

Yes, I wish we were in playoff contention. That's a no brainer.

But looking at the roster as currently constructed, no coach is getting us there.

When you lose 3/5ths of your Oline,your best TE/WR and your best RB...it has an effect on everything.

You're implying that lost talent has no effect. Which is dumb.

And in 4 seasons now, it doesn't happen as much as losing. Um, that's a fact too. ;)

Actually - that's pretty misleading. Setting aside year 1 (and we should) and assuming the Skins win today, they've won more than they've lost during the Gruden tenure. 25 wins to 22 losses and 1 tie (and an NFC Championship). You have to include year 1, where Gruden was saddled with Jim Haslett and RG3 as a starter, to get close to the 'he's lost more than he's won' argument.

I know there's no way to prove it, but let me assure you, I do not feel any emotional despair.

I'm just opinionated. My real life consists mostly of fixing things. Anything, and everything. I'm not always right, or successful, on the 1st try.

There are the things I have fixed, and the things I haven't fixed...........................yet! ;)

Is that you, Mr. Wolf?

Yes, I wish we were in playoff contention. That's a no brainer.
See, that was painless. Of course it's a no brainer. Just like our scoring more points than Atlanta is meaningless. That was my only point.

But looking at the roster as currently constructed, no coach is getting us there.
No matter how unlikely it might seem, this is only an opinion, not fact.
When you lose 3/5ths of your Oline,your best TE/WR and your best RB...it has an effect on everything.

You're implying that lost talent has no effect. Which is dumb.
No, I never said it had no effect. YOU said I implied it. Which is wrong. Which could also be called, dumb.
So Ax, are you saying that a healthy Jonathan Allen,Trent Williams,Chris Thompson and Jordan Reed- available all season long, wouldn't have made a difference ?
Sure they would have. But there's no guarantee it would have been a better difference. Sure, it would seem that way. But as I said earlier, with all the use of injury as an acceptable excuse for losing this season, it makes losing at the end of last season look even worse. Gruden & Co. didn't get it done under better conditions then. They could just as easily found a way to fail with everyone healthy this year. Where have they earned the benefit of doubt?

We should be in the playoffs regardless...right? Is that your stance?
Yes, That should always be the minimum goal every season. Anything less than that is a failure. I realize "shit happens". But at the end of it all, it's failure. And I personally think poor head coaching from Gruden is the constant. Not injuries.

I think you could replace Jay Gruden with any active coach currently in the NFL and given the circumstances here, they would not be in the playoffs.
Duly noted. I disagree.

Even John Wayne died in The Cowboys when he was out manned and out gunned....
True, but the team he coached up, WON!!! ;)
So in Ax's world, talent doesn't matter. Just coaching. Got it.
So in DieselPwr44's world, honesty doesn't matter. Just jabs at made up assertions. Got it.

Actually - that's pretty misleading. Setting aside year 1 (and we should) and assuming the Skins win today, they've won more than they've lost during the Gruden tenure. 25 wins to 22 losses and 1 tie (and an NFC Championship). You have to include year 1, where Gruden was saddled with Jim Haslett and RG3 as a starter, to get close to the 'he's lost more than he's won' argument.
You may call it misleading, but it is the fact. Can't take that away any more than we can erase SB XVIII.

See, that was painless. Of course it's a no brainer. Just like our scoring more points than Atlanta is meaningless. That was my only point.

No matter how unlikely it might seem, this is only an opinion, not fact.

No, I never said it had no effect. YOU said I implied it. Which is wrong. Which could also be called, dumb.

Sure they would have. But there's no guarantee it would have been a better difference. Sure, it would seem that way. But as I said earlier, with all the use of injury as an acceptable excuse for losing this season, it makes losing at the end of last season look even worse. Gruden & Co. didn't get it done under better conditions then. They could just as easily found a way to fail with everyone healthy this year. Where have they earned the benefit of doubt?

Yes, That should always be the minimum goal every season. Anything less than that is a failure. I realize "shit happens". But at the end of it all, it's failure. And I personally think poor head coaching from Gruden is the constant. Not injuries.

Duly noted. I disagree.

True, but the team he coached up, WON!!! ;)

So in DieselPwr44's world, honesty doesn't matter. Just jabs at made up assertions. Got it.

You have implied that it doesn't matter how many were lost to injury, that any street free agent that we picked up should come in here and carry us into playoff contention. That injuries are no excuse.

Right or wrong ?

Last edited:
Okay :)

Gruden has the Redskins winning more than losing over the past 3 seasons and already has 1 NFC East Championship under his belt. The last coach to lead the Skins to 3 successive seasons of .500 or better? Joe Gibbs - in the first go round.

Those are facts.

That better?

You have implied that it doesn't matter how many were lost to injury that any street free agent that we picked up should come in here and carry us into playoff contention. That injuries are no excuse.

Right or wrong ?

Wrong.

You've chosen to interpret things that way.

I don't give Gruden the blanket "Get Out Of Jail Free" card that many do, where injuries are concerned. I know they can, and do, have a big effect on things.

But Gruden is a rigid system guy. He doesn't get the best out of many of his starters because of it. Easy to see that he does even less with backups.

I've been thinkin about this for a while now, but after today, I think the next time we see Cousins, he'll be in a Giants uniform. With new management in key spots and coaching, I expect the Gmen to make an aggressive move to get Cousins securing a long term QB, and rebuilding around him. Eli retires being he wants to start, but going to somebody like Cleveland isn't very enticing. Cousins wouldn't have to instantly uproot his young family, and could make the change much more gradually.

Okay :)

Gruden has the Redskins winning more than losing over the past 3 seasons and already has 1 NFC East Championship under his belt. The last coach to lead the Skins to 3 successive seasons of .500 or better? Joe Gibbs - in the first go round.

Those are facts.

That better?

Yeah, but they're misleading. :movefast:

I've been thinkin about this for a while now, but after today, I think the next time we see Cousins, he'll be in a Giants uniform. With new management in key spots and coaching, I expect the Gmen to make an aggressive move to get Cousins securing a long term QB, and rebuilding around him. Eli retires being he wants to start, but going to somebody like Cleveland isn't very enticing. Cousins wouldn't have to instantly uproot his young family, and could make the change much more gradually.

If he leaves, I expect him to move to a warmer place. He and his wife hate the winters here. NY is even worse.

Can't see it Pete. If it were *only* about the $$ - maybe. But why in God's name would he want to land on the Giants. They are in total disarray. Will likely be far more attractive alternatives.

No chat today? I'm ok with it and would like to try the game thread anyway. See you there.

No chat today? I'm ok with it and would like to try the game thread anyway. See you there.

I'm there - no idea where the rest of you losers are...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Cousins goes we had better see Bruce fired 24 hours later. That stunt he pulled last year with making our pathetic contract offer public was embarrassing.

HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW? :Flush:

Was that Cousins or Nate Sudfeld out there for the Redskins today? With that kind of performance, Kirk should have stayed home in DC and let Colt McCoy get some reps in the finale.

And if Gruden comes back, he needs to hire another playcaller. He can't do the HC and OC jobs at the same time.

Wrong.

You've chosen to interpret things that way.

I don't give Gruden the blanket "Get Out Of Jail Free" card that many do, where injuries are concerned. I know they can, and do, have a big effect on things.

But Gruden is a rigid system guy. He doesn't get the best out of many of his starters because of it. Easy to see that he does even less with backups.

We've lost backups too.

We've played offense with backs who were signed on Monday along with OL positions too.

It would be one thing if it was a starter or two and then one or two backups were lost. That's not the case here.

There's just not enough talent in the cupboard to overcome what this team has been through injury wise.

Let the Jaguars give him $120M. They play to a half empty stadium and plot to play games in London or Mexico City to get revenue.

They need bums in the seats and he might help them do that for awhile.

But Kirkie poo isn't LEADING anyone to a Super Bowl.

Like Flacco or Brad Johnson he can be part of a championship team, but has to have the killer D and strong ground game on offense to protect him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.