• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Sexy Rexy now Chubby Tubby? Fo Real?

Dead Money

, Mike Wise HATE'r
Reaction score
SexCannon.jpg

http://www.terezowens.com/rex-grossman-is-a-fat-sack/

They don't call me Sexy Rexy for nothing T...
Rex Grossman has re-signed with the Washington Redskins, setting the stage for his duel with John Beck for the starting quarterback job. Grossman arrived at training camp on Tuesday looking a bit out of shape…I guess his nickname the Sex Cannon no longer applies…Looks like Redskins fans are in for another long season. -TO
I have absolutely no idea if this is real or not but he's so pale and un QB-like I wouldn't be surprised. Anyone else see this yet?

I've heard the rumor, but haven't heard it from anyone who's actually been up there observing at camp. I don't care what he looks like if he can play, but that's real and he's currently considered 'Sonny' to Beck's 'Billy', they may need to reconsider who's channelling whom :)

I've heard the rumor, but haven't heard it from anyone who's actually been up there observing at camp. I don't care what he looks like if he can play, but that's real and he's currently considered 'Sonny' to Beck's 'Billy', they may need to reconsider who's channelling whom :)

LOL... Keim had this to say earlier so I guess its much todo about nothin.

1. Saw the pictures of QB Rex Grossman and heard the chatter about his, uh, girth. But he doesn’t look much bigger, if at all, than last year. Just think there’s more focus on him this summer so people are noticing that he does not have the best physique. Ironically Grossman’s athleticism was a strength when he came out of Florida. But, a few surgeries later, that’s no longer the case.

I saw that picture too and it doesn't even look like him. I can tell you after being their today, I noticed that Rex is bigger than he was in training camp last year. I have some pics coming, just got done editing them. He is bigger, but does not look "fat". I will try to find a pic or 2 from last year and ones I took today to compare.

I don't think it is that big of a deal. I still expect him to beat out Beck for the QB job. From rumors you here it made it sound like Rex ate Beck!

The dude has some serious moobs!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I think Rex wins the job in a few weeks but I do believe that Beck will start games this season too. Rex has at least proven that he belongs in the NFL, although probably not as a starter. Beck hasn't even proven that he is more talented than Colt Brennan.

I think it was on Skins cast, but someone said (paraphrasing) They have to start Beck because they already know what they have in Rex. So if Rex starts and fails miserably, they have no idea what Beck will bring and they just cant chance it.

I think that pretty much sums up our QB competition... who will suck less for longer. Boy I wish I could be as confident as John Beck about, John Beck.

Grossman is inconsistent but he can make all the throws. Beck simply lacks the arm strength to bring the downfield passing game into play on the field.

With Beck on the field teams will stack 8 in the box and double cover Moss and Cooley and the Skins will be crawling along at 10-14 points a game.

I think both Grossman AND Clemens have more NFL talent to play qb than Beck.

Unfortunately Bulldog, I agree with everything you just said.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Grossman is inconsistent but he can make all the throws. Beck simply lacks the arm strength to bring the downfield passing game into play on the field.

With Beck on the field teams will stack 8 in the box and double cover Moss and Cooley and the Skins will be crawling along at 10-14 points a game.

I think both Grossman AND Clemens have more NFL talent to play qb than Beck.

I know it's not a popular view, but Grossman is a baller. He'll kill you with a mind-numbingly bad decision at times, but when he's not doing that, I really think he's got some talent.

I honestly wish they'd made him the undisputed starter (which I'm betting ultimately happens anyway)...My sense at the end of the year last season was that he wanted to show he'd learned from his years of exile and could be efficient in Kyle's system. I'd like to see what he could do with a full season.

I think the whole Beck thing is wishful thinking hoping he'll be some hidden gem so we don't have to draft a 1st round QB next year.

Read my mind on that one. Billy never had that "Greek God" physique.

you really wanna compare a great QB from our past to Rex ****ing Grossman?

and PS - did you even read the article? it captures Rex pretty well from his "super bowl" days if I do say so myself.

The article was littered with vulgarity so I paid little attention to the substance. If the writer could not have expressed himself any better I won't waste my time lending credence to his writing.

I was not comparing the two as you infer. You said accomplishment and I noted that Rex has accomplished as much as Billy having won an NFC Championship just like Billy. If you want to throw stats out, ok. Billy had better stats. Is that an accomplishment? OK, but the bottom line is championships and Rex Grossman has won as many as Billy did.

Do I love Billy Kilmer! Yes! My dad had the I love Billy t-shirt! He was one of my favorites as a kid, but he's no Hall of Famer.

Do I have the same feeling for Rex? Absolutely not, but I won't let my judgement be clouded by homerism Mike.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.