• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Love for the punter.

I hope we give him a longer deal at seasons end, he's been a good pickup for us

Checking Lee's stats versus Sav's I found these numbers.

Lee

Number of punts-73

Avg punt-50.5 yards

Long-68 yards

% of punts inside opponents 20-35.6%

Rocca

Number of punts-61

Avg punt-43.6 yards

Long-63 yards

%of punts inside opponent's 20-42.6%

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/5713/andy-lee

I guess the fact that Lee averaged longer punts and kicking more of them was the deciding factor.

I wouldn't use that criterion myself. Sav's been a major asset as far as I'm concerned. I just hope we can get to the point of being better able to take advantage of his ability to bury opposing offenses deep in their own territory.

For having such a good record, the Niners sure do punt a lot.

Siri ain't got nuthin' on me. :)

BTW, that link doesn't work so I Googled it and am being directed all sorts of interesting(?!?) places.

I remember before the season, some writer on Redskins.com predicted Rocca would turnout to be our best offseason acquisition. At the time I laughed at him, and called him loony. But now I see he was dead on.

I remember before the season, some writer on Redskins.com predicted Rocca would turnout to be our best offseason acquisition. At the time I laughed at him, and called him loony. But now I see he was dead on.

You know, it's nice to have a year where we can debate that. Despite our record, we have made some nice pick ups. Bowen has been more than solid. Cofield has done a very nice job too. Rookiewise, you got to love what Kerrigan and Helu have added to the team.

Rocca's been very good. Certainly the best punter we've had since Matt Turk was hot, but a bunch of our free agents and draft acquisitions have been coming up hot.

Heck, who'd have thunk Hurt would have solidified the line as he did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.