• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

If we think Haskins is the guy, then Gruden needs to go asap

Some fans get busy living, some get busy dying. Meanwhile the Redskins keep putting something in our mouth and asking us to swallow what they give us :)

Sorry - you started it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy pills? I see it as keeping myself grounded in certain realities. After all, reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

As for the realities, I'll list some.

1. I enjoy watching football being played by my favorite team. The Washington Redskins.
2. Nothing I say, or do, can affect who owns them, runs them, coaches them, etc...
3. That has been, and always will be the case.
4. Any given Sunday. Therefore...

Like Andy Dufresne, I hope. Always hope.
"Remember, Redskins fans, Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

So, just like Andy, I'll keep crawling through whatever shit filled pipe I have to. Because I can hack it.
Doesn't mean I like it.

Football is a product, just like anything else. If people stop buying it, the people selling it might actually stop and take notice.

If I go to a restaurant and they serve me a **** sandwich, I'm not just going to eat it because nothing I say or do will effect who owns the restaurant. I'll go somehwere else. If enough people do that, the restaurant may hire a new chef. If they don't, oh well, but I'm still not eating their ****.

Football is a product, just like anything else. If people stop buying it, the people selling it might actually stop and take notice.

If I go to a restaurant and they serve me a **** sandwich, I'm not just going to eat it because nothing I say or do will effect who owns the restaurant. I'll go somehwere else. If enough people do that, the restaurant may hire a new chef. If they don't, oh well, but I'm still not eating their ****.

Well then, let's get ridiculous.

If you go into a restaurant and they actually serve you a shit sandwich, your lawsuit settlement will provide you a retirement nest egg that would be quite substantial.
Meaning, one of the best things that ever happened to you, was being served a shit sandwich.

Well then, let's get ridiculous.

If you go into a restaurant and they actually serve you a shit sandwich, your lawsuit settlement will provide you a retirement nest egg that would be quite substantial.
Meaning, one of the best things that ever happened to you, was being served a shit sandwich.

:rolleyes2:

Fine. Call it a really really badly made, bad-tasting, terrible sandwich.

The point is, there are reasons to do something other than show up every week and eat one.

That's your opinion.

Mine is, nothing I, not you, not my neighbor, not the family across the street...……...I...………..nothing I do will affect a damn thing.

Some fans get busy living, some get busy dying. Meanwhile the Redskins keep putting something in our mouth and asking us to swallow what they give us :)

Sorry - you started it.
Sorry to hear that someone else can put something into your mouth. ;)

Doesn't happen to me.

See, I always find myself heavily on the Henry/Elephant side of the equation, which is why I haven't put the time into watching games as much anymore. But I appreciate seeing Ax's perspective, as there is always a way to enjoy it, regardless of past history.

I don't agree with it...but I appreciate it. I recognize my reality doesn't work for everybody :p

Sorry to hear that someone else can put something into your mouth. ;)

Doesn't happen to me.

Homophobe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's your opinion.

Actually it's a fact.

Mine is, nothing I, not you, not my neighbor, not the family across the street...……...I...………..nothing I do will affect a damn thing.

The purpose of a business is to maintain a client base. If clients leave, a business adapts or it fails. That's not an opinion.

You choose to stay positive. That's totally fine. But if you're going to continue with this effort to convince the rest of us that there's no point in anything but blind devotion to the Washington Redskins ... well, you're wasting your time. And that's my opinion.

Last edited:
Actually it's a fact.
Only if one accepts your premise that someone is showing up every week to "eat one"
Much as you might want to, you don't get to dictate what others think about a given situation.

The purpose of a business is to maintain a client base. If clients leave, a business adapts or it fails. That's not an opinion.
The purpose is to make money, at the end of it all. And the most important client base, is the tv people who pay the league a gazillion dollars.

You choose to stay positive. That's totally fine. But if your going to continue with this effort to convince the rest of us that there's no point in anything but blind devotion to the Washington Redskins ... well, you're wasting your time. And that's my opinion.
I am unaware of any attempt by me to convince a soul to do, or not do, a damn thing. So, that's just fake news.

Just stating, my opinion. And what I do, or do not.

Last edited by a moderator:
The stadium experience at FedEx is terrible. When you add in the 'quality' of the product on the field then you have 60,000 fans in an 80,000 (formerly 92,000) seat stadium where 50% are transplanted or traveling fans of other clubs.

Look, I can abide spending money to see a team that is rebuilding with a clear purpose and with a coach and FO I have faith in.

There is some definite satisfaction in watching a team grow with younger players as they mature and as the team turns around.

That was definitely the case with the Nationals who came in and were 100 plus loss versions of the Bad News Bears their first few seasons.

But drafted well and by 2012 the team was a 98 game and division winner.

The other factor is the stadium experience as noted above.

Although I no longer have family season tickets to the Redskins (gave them up in 2009), I do attend several games each year.

My wife will no longer go with me because of the obnoxious drunk fans that I really think come to the stadium to congregate and get hammered together away from Mom & Dad. Sometimes these guys are not even watching the game, but carrying on shouting contests back and forth with other sections and spending 30 minutes at a time getting more food while the teams play.

If being caught between these guys for 4 quarters is not bad enough, then going out to the parking lot after the game and seeing someone sitting on the hood of your car plastered and refusing to get off it is definitely something that brings out the best in me :redpunch:

It's actually a better experience going to see the Redskins on the road in the new Meadowlands. Fans police themselves and hit and run players get tossed.

Edit: Nevermind. This is a waste of time.

Aaaahh...futility is his Kryptonite!

:D

I'm done wasting time and energy giving the Redskins any more than a passing glance. Those who wish to continue to invest in them can do so without me.

:D

I'm done wasting time and energy giving the Redskins any more than a passing glance. Those who wish to continue to invest in them can do so without me.

But we like having you around Henry!

In all seriousness, I would have faded even more than I have without this board around. You guys are the main reason I keep interest. Thank you for that.

Well...I was laughing at 4-5 posts in a row thinking "different povs...but all good".

And then it tailed off again.

life goes on. hang in their Henry. think of the Skins in recent years as a job where you worked 12 hr days, 6 days a week, for several years. Whatta ya do? You take a break, recharge your batteries and come back when you're ready!

Guys, I'm not leaving. I'm just not arguing with Ax about this anymore.

In this thread. :)

honestly im so much les sinvested than I used to be. when I was in israel I would wake up at 1am to get to a pub to watch the games, when I was working in the arctic I paid a huge amount for RADIO so I could listen to the games while building icebridges, I lived for sunday afternoons. Now? I dont go out of my way to watch games, if im not busy , ill look and see if its on. thats sad, I know im not alone in this but I was spoiled, my formative football fan years were from 82 to 92, I just assumed my team would always be great. then reality struck and we sucked for 20 years

Yep, not only had this team under Snyder been a loser but the reprehensible MANNER in which Snyder and Allen have gone about putting out losers while trying to retain their arrogant demeanor just makes it that much more difficult to swallow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.