• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Devin Thomas Cut

Wow. Just saw that on Twitter myself. Wow.

I saw his reaction somewhere was that wherever he goes, he is about to tear it up.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

And just for good measure (can't believe I forgot this), thanks Vinny. You suck.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Exciting things happen in football, but DT was one player who rarely provided any excitement.

Here is the link...

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Pretty sure we'll be looking for WRs in the draft next year and via FA. Think we could see a trade?

Really? We couldn't get ANYTHING for him? Really?

I guarantee he'll be on a roster before next Sunday.

Via twitter...

@granthpaulsen

Just got off the phone with Devin Thomas. He confirmed his release and said, ''Wherever I go.. I'm about to tear it up.''

Practice squads beware! :insane:

In every profession, there are people that have the talent to succeed, but for whatever reason, lack of focus, discipline, etc. just never seem to reach their potential.

In some cases, the situation they are in doesn’t take advantage of their skills and moving somewhere else will unleash that potential. More often than not, the things that limit them will continue to follow them elsewhere.

Within a year or two, we will find out which category DT falls into.

Now Vinny has someone to keep him company in the unemployment line

Yet another player who was wasting space and gone long after he should have been cut. Add him to another player like Larry Johnson in terms of just, why was he on the roster in the first place?

Still scratching my head over the Malcolm Kelly decision to put him on injured reserve.

Things that make you go, Hmmmm??..?

I really believe that players that are going to be impact players find their spots to demonstrate it. Thomas was never able to do that. I think that's on Thomas, not anyone else. We can't afford to keep guys on the roster that *might* be able to contribute some day. I also have a lot of faith in Mike and Kyle's ability to determine whether someone is going to have a productive future with this team. Apparently, they just didn't see what they needed to from DT.

I really believe that players that are going to be impact players find their spots to demonstrate it.

I agree; and would submit the Saints game last year into evidence.

And really, do you have to prove you're an impact player to be a WR for the Skins at this point? Or do you have to prove your better than Joey "Methusela" Galloway and Roydell "Dropped in the End Zone" Williams?

I'd feel better if they could find some who could have productive presents at the position.

Here is what soured me on Devin...

Last winter, he did a little video while getting an expensive facial treatment. He talked about wanting to have an impact and being a team player. My reaction to that video was...whatever. If you want to have an impact, make that video while you are lifting weights, working out, jogging/running, etc.

You look purtty Devin. Real purtty.

I'd take AA over DT at this point, seems the FO agrees. We'll see if he ever gets it together somewhere else. Maybe Oakland will bring him in ;)

I agree; and would submit the Saints game last year into evidence.

And really, do you have to prove you're an impact player to be a WR for the Skins at this point? Or do you have to prove your better than Joey "Methusela" Galloway and Roydell "Dropped in the End Zone" Williams?

Who 'else' we have on the roster really isn't relevant. Obviously neither of those guys has a long-term role on the team. It's likely they are only on the roster precisely because, beyond Moss, the Shanahans saw next to nothing in terms of talent on the roster they inherited.

I don't think one great game performance means much in the span of 2 1/2 years with the team, every practice, minicamp, training camp, scrimmage, pre-season, and regular season game. We always wring our hands over players with 'potential', just as we did for a long time with Jason Campbell. The vast majority of the time, it turns out that potential would never be realized, no matter what color jersey these players end up wearing. Again, ultimately, I think it just comes down to cold hard reality. Some players have talent that just never materializes into NFL success. Lots of factors can contribute to that (as they have with DT) - injuries, schemes, supporting cast, coaching turnover - but the bottom line is if you want to make it in the NFL, you have to prove yourself.

Right after McNabb was signed, he worked out with our receivers over that first weekend.

After the very first time throwing to them, we immediately went out the very next day, and brought in 5 new receivers to compete--some of which hadn't even been in the league for years.

That told me that he didn't like what he saw in Thomas or Kelly, and that he didn't feel he could win with them. That was a huge red flag.

Right after McNabb was signed, he worked out with our receivers over that first weekend.

After the very first time throwing to them, we immediately went out the very next day, and brought in 5 new receivers to compete--some of which hadn't even been in the league for years.

That told me that he didn't like what he saw in Thomas or Kelly, and that he didn't feel he could win with them. That was a huge red flag.

I agree on DT, but the staff seems to like something about MK. They could've cut him with an injury settlement. Must be something that they like about him. Let's hope MK can overcome the injury woes and begin to make an impact next year.

Also, somewhere on the west coast, Jason Campbell is salivating. :rotflmao:

He may be salivating. But he's doing it from the bench.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.