• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Browns 28, Falcons 10.

Falcons suck. Another so-so team like the Colts we allowed to come in here and undress us on national TV.

Browns are blitzing up the middle and Atlanta's awful offensive line is looking like their true selves.

While we rushed 4 on them all game long...kinda like this week.

And look at a journeyman like Cooper coming in and doing far better than Lavaou has all season long.

Edit: And if we lose this game, you can pin it squarely on Smith's performance. Missing Vernon Davis deep on the sure TD is inexcusable!

Edit 2: We won. The defense did well to create turnovers at the most opportune moments, that OL did a great job giving Smith time all day, and the play calling on offense did better in the 2nd half than they did in the 1st half, but we seriously need to consider whether Colt McCoy gives us a better chance against better teams.

Last edited:
I'd lay even odds that Smith has some phantom injury or sickness or something during the week.

The penalties are resembling the old raiders teams tho. At some point Jay has to do SOMETHING about that.

I see this year as the skins getting a taste of what could be. Then next yr address the areas of concern to make a serious run.

Last edited:
I see this year as, it isn't over yet. We don't know the ending.

It'll be what it'll be. Let's enjoy the moment, and hope for more success down the line.

It's all a fan has control of.

I see this year as, it isn't over yet. We don't know the ending.

It'll be what it'll be. Let's enjoy the moment, and hope for more success down the line.

It's all a fan has control of.

You are absolutely right! We're in 1st place with a chance to create our own destiny. I'll take it at this point.

With that said, I sure do wish we'd have fired Gruden and kept Sean McVay as the head coach of this team. I know that is just wishes, you know rainbows and fairies and all, but I've watched many of the Rams games this year and they are good, and that offense is stupid good.

Is it just me or are the 2018 Redskins the worst 6-3 team in the history of football? Man these guys are taking winning ugly to a whole new level. I'm glad they're winning games, and there is definitely something to say for that, but sheesh...

Is it just me or are the 2018 Redskins the worst 6-3 team in the history of football? Man these guys are taking winning ugly to a whole new level. I'm glad they're winning games, and there is definitely something to say for that, but sheesh...

They are scrapping their way to wins. I think it's a little unfair to characterize them as a bad team. They have won the games they've won with effort and by outplaying their opponent. They haven't trailed in the games they've won. You guys make it sound like they've lucked into winning any of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

They are scrapping their way to wins. I think it's a little unfair to characterize them as a bad team. They have won the games they've won with effort and by outplaying their opponent. They haven't trailed in the games they've won. You guys make it sound like they've lucked into winning any of them.

+1 C'mon guys! As Axe said earlier, enjoy it while it lasts. Chances are good that tonight's game will leave us two games in front of the East, and a decent schedule winding up. We might not close the deal, but damn. Whether we win or lose, some of you are certainly hard to please.

I agree. It's about winning. Putting up great numbers and losing sucks. Why, because losing sucks. They are finding ways to win and today, they won ugly. Plain and simple, they won ugly. I'll take it. I'll keep taking it as long as they are wins. This sure beats last week.

I agree. It's about winning. Putting up great numbers and losing sucks. Why, because losing sucks. They are finding ways to win and today, they won ugly. Plain and simple, they won ugly. I'll take it. I'll keep taking it as long as they are wins. This sure beats last week.

Is it great to win? Hell yes!

But it's also OK to admit that the team is playing with fire when it comes to this paltry offense. Keep hoping Jay figures something out but it's going on Week 11 and we seem to be getting worse on offense not better.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a Christmas miracle.

I'll take 6-3 every season and twice on Sundays. :) 7 games left and we're only 2 away from .500. I think that this offensive scheme is not suited to Smith's game and they need to make adjustments. The defense is carrying it and that's fine, but it's a different league now. You have to be able to put up points to go anywhere in the post season, if the D is able to sustain it's pace to get us there. Gonna be a tough road with the O'line woes.

You guys do realize we've lost more than half of our starting offense to injury this year, right? New QB, rotating cast mostly made up of backups/replacements. Context matters.

You guys do realize we've lost more than half of our starting offense to injury this year, right? New QB, rotating cast mostly made up of backups/replacements. Context matters.

The offense has struggled to score all year no matter who's been on the field.

Not trying to be mean, not upset at all. We are what we are.

A decent defense that struggles against the pass and a bad offensive team that can't hardly score even in times when the defense gives them a short field.

We very well may sneak into a playoff spot but it'll be just a cameo appearance.

Maybe that saves Jay's job, maybe it won't.

Last edited:
The offense has struggled to score all year no matter who's been on the field.

It's not Madden bro. Continuity and chemistry are huge factors.

Well buddy, they certainly lucked their way into a win with a couple of dumb plays by Fitz today that could have given them a lead, and 2 missed easy Fg's by their kicker.

Well buddy, they certainly lucked their way into a win with a couple of dumb plays by Fitz today that could have given them a lead, and 2 missed easy Fg's by their kicker.

Kickers don't miss because of bad luck. Special teams play matters and is impacted by the guys on both sides of the line. Jesus - Ive never seen so many fans work so hard not to give their team an ounce of credit for a critical win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.