• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

TV Show Discussion Thread

I've seen both episodes now and the production level is magnificent. This is the type series I like...kinda reminds me of the series I watched last year from HBO, Show Me a Hero.

Yeah, I think I read somewhere that he was attached as the John Turturo character before his death.

I cannot see James Gandolfini fitting this role after 2 episodes with Torturro. He is definitely and under rated actor.

I have really been enjoying Stranger a Things, a new Netflix original. It is sci-fi which is not something I generally get into. A style that is a mix between ET and Aliens. Could easily pass for a Spielberg production. Very highly rated on both IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes, averages above 9 on a 10 scale.

Okay haven't switched my cable over just yet, but have tried a 30 day Netflix trial. Yeah pretty sure I'm gonna keep it. Been catching up on 'Spartacus' recently.

At the risk of being cliche, anyone watch Netflix's Stranger Things? I was about the age of the boys in the show in '83 and... damn. Brought back a lot of nostalgic memories.

Really fun show.

At the risk of being cliche, anyone watch Netflix's Stranger Things? I was about the age of the boys in the show in '83 and... damn. Brought back a lot of nostalgic memories.

Really fun show.

I binged it and really enjoyed it. Spielberg-esqe.

Have you seen the viewer ratings? 9.2 on IMDB & 97% on Rotten Tomatoes.

No, hadn't seen the scores, that's awesome. My boss recommended it, and can be a little bit of a hipster so I was a little nervous but the wife and loved it.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

I gotta say I really appreciated the 80's feel included in everything about Stranger Things. The series? Meh...I probably won't watch another season. It wasn't "bad", just not anymore I can see I would enjoy out of it.

Westworld series on HBO beginning 10/2 looks pretty intense. Anthony Hopkins...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a couple off the beaten path/Historical based shows I binged recently were "Turn" (a story of George Washinton's first spy network) and "Our World War", which is a collection of stories based on the memoirs and letters from former British soldiers in WW1. It was rather interesting and I felt very well done in terms of capturing the personal feelings of the soldiers. Both were on Netflix I think (possibly one was on Amazon, I cant recall)

I gotta say I really appreciated the 80's feel included in everything about Stranger Things. The series? Meh...I probably won't watch another season. It wasn't "bad", just not anymore I can see I would enjoy out of it.

I just finished it too and kind of felt the same way. I may try the second season, but the story line didn't totally grab me. It did feel like a Dean Koontz novel though.

As someone who was a boy almost exactly the same age as those kids in 83, I LOVED it. Man, lots of nostalgia. Can't count the number of hours we spent roaming around on bikes, dreaming up adventures, etc.

The plot line was fine, nothing special. But I really enjoyed the blast of nostalgia.

Finished Stranger Things, I felt it was a good show, I don't understand the 5 star netflix rating and critics going bonkers over it though. Had a great 80's feel, a plot that was enticing enough to keep watching but I didn't finish it with a "WOW" factor. Seemed slow to develop imo, character development minus the chief seemed lacking. I found the casting to be excellent overall, I did read season 2 is in production so I'll watch because while not a great show, it was a good show and those are severely lacking.

Dunno whose watched Shameless but since it hit Netflix I went binge watching galore through all 6 seasons, I found the first 3 to be fantastic, 4 to be good and 5 and 6 to start getting so cliche that I barely even care that season 7 just hit showtime. I think one of the issues with shows too often is they lose direction because they didn't think it'd last so long aka "Lost".

On a side note Gotham is back Monday !!!!!!

Anyone else see the premiere of Westworld? Off to a great start - has a lot of layers - I'm already hooked.

Anyone else see the premiere of Westworld? Off to a great start - has a lot of layers - I'm already hooked.

Haven't seen it but have it recorded.

Do you, or does anyone have an opinion on "Being Human"? I have it in my Netflix queue for some time when I have it (time) for binge watching.

Thanks!

Do you, or does anyone have an opinion on "Being Human"? I have it in my Netflix queue for some time when I have it (time) for binge watching.

Thanks!

I was a little ambivalent towards the US version of Being Human, but I loved the UK original. Love love loved it. :D

I was a little ambivalent towards the US version of Being Human, but I loved the UK original. Love love loved it. :D

Not sure but according to Netflix, this is the UK version.. Here's the cast listed... tell me if it is UK
Cast
Lenora Crichlow, Russell Tovey, Aidan Turner, Sinead Keenan, Jason Watkins, Michael Socha, Damien Molony, Donald Sumpter, Lyndsey Marshal

Thanks!

Not sure but according to Netflix, this is the UK version.. Here's the cast listed... tell me if it is UK
Cast
Lenora Crichlow, Russell Tovey, Aidan Turner, Sinead Keenan, Jason Watkins, Michael Socha, Damien Molony, Donald Sumpter, Lyndsey Marshal

Thanks!

Yup, that's the UK version. Give it a watch. :D

Thanks!

I've only watched the Murican version but I got hooked in pretty quick. Good series

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.